Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The 'Crystal Boulevard' of Caille is both a high end shopping center and a vast shield of manufactured diamond for bunkers underneath?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: [Character] Kalaratiri  (Read 14460 times)

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
Re: [Character] Kalaratiri
« Reply #45 on: 02 Sep 2014, 21:50 »

Licktiri:

"kalalalalalalalalalalaaaa"

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #46 on: 23 Sep 2014, 13:35 »

So, as some of you presumably know, Kala is working for the Angels now.

This took Ava/Kyllsa approximately 35 seconds to notice. Damn near nobody else noticed for the next week and a half.

Unsure what to do about this. I was hoping that a relatively sudden defection would inspire a bit of angst/upset amongst Minmatar players at least. However, nothing really seemed to happen. I'm still not sure if Ana has noticed :lol:
Have I just been gone too long, and people don't really remember Kala/care?

Kala is not the sort to go "rahrah I'm an Angel now, look at me!!", she's actually faintly ashamed of it and sees it as her own weaknesses getting the better of her. The "Backyard post on the IGS is about as showy as she's likely to get, and that was primarily out of frustration with her previous alignment.

Obviously I am not in game at the moment due to problems outside my control (hurr wifi installation), but I am interested in what suggestions people have for inspiring a bit of RP based around Kala's altered allegiance. Aside from literally smacking Gottii with an Angel logo'd stick.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #47 on: 23 Sep 2014, 13:44 »

As Starfire's and some other people's shitposting shows, people have begun to just mock any and all Angel news and events without actually reacting to them. I think it has less to do with Kara than it does with the Angel aspect.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #48 on: 23 Sep 2014, 13:55 »

Well, it's sort of like how I'd react, to be honest. Note that it happened, set standings appropriately and ignore unless it comes up in the overview at some point. Once the shift is made, there's nothing more to talk about except for hitting F1.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #49 on: 23 Sep 2014, 13:56 »

As Starfire's and some other people's shitposting shows, people have begun to just mock any and all Angel news and events without actually reacting to them. I think it has less to do with Kara than it does with the Angel aspect.

Aheh.

If you knew me better, you'd know that Ava noticed so quickly because we're basically e-BFFs. She ain't doing no mocking, she noticed because she was paying attention.
And while I'm quite used to people getting it wrong (so many vowels man), I have to point out Kala*

I agree with you about the kneejerk "boo angels" reaction though. Certains aspect of the faction have not done it any favours over the last few years.

Naraka is dead, Long live Naraka  :(

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #50 on: 23 Sep 2014, 13:58 »

Aheh.

If you knew me better, you'd know that Ava noticed so quickly because we're basically e-BFFs. She ain't doing no mocking, she noticed because she was paying attention.
And while I'm quite used to people getting it wrong (so many vowels man), I have to point out Kala*

I agree with you about the kneejerk "boo angels" reaction though. Certains aspect of the faction have not done it any favours over the last few years.

Naraka is dead, Long live Naraka  :(

I was referring to her posting and other's on other Angel threads in general, not specifically yours. The general reaction to Angels right now is to not react, but instead try to appear bored by it.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #51 on: 23 Sep 2014, 14:46 »

Well, the faction is sort of an antithesis to the Republic, so making that sort of 180 turn isn't exactly something that leaves too many response options. It's either "huh... okay. Where's that standings window?" or denouncing the person. Once it's gone that far, there's not much else left to do or say. Similar to those that turn Sansha.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #52 on: 23 Sep 2014, 14:50 »

Well, the faction is sort of an antithesis to the Republic, so making that sort of 180 turn isn't exactly something that leaves too many response options. It's either "huh... okay. Where's that standings window?" or denouncing the person. Once it's gone that far, there's not much else left to do or say. Similar to those that turn Sansha.
Nah, at least the Angels hate the Sansha.

They've got that going for them, at least.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #53 on: 23 Sep 2014, 14:51 »

Hah! Yeah, and Blooders at least fight the Empire. Nice chaps when you think about it.

Korsavius

• Cold Wind's Blade
  • Omelette
  • "Dead man walking."
« Reply #54 on: 23 Sep 2014, 15:04 »

So, as some of you presumably know, Kala is working for the Angels now.

This took Ava/Kyllsa approximately 35 seconds to notice. Damn near nobody else noticed for the next week and a half.

Unsure what to do about this. I was hoping that a relatively sudden defection would inspire a bit of angst/upset amongst Minmatar players at least. However, nothing really seemed to happen. I'm still not sure if Ana has noticed :lol:
Have I just been gone too long, and people don't really remember Kala/care?

Kala is not the sort to go "rahrah I'm an Angel now, look at me!!", she's actually faintly ashamed of it and sees it as her own weaknesses getting the better of her. The "Backyard post on the IGS is about as showy as she's likely to get, and that was primarily out of frustration with her previous alignment.

Obviously I am not in game at the moment due to problems outside my control (hurr wifi installation), but I am interested in what suggestions people have for inspiring a bit of RP based around Kala's altered allegiance. Aside from literally smacking Gottii with an Angel logo'd stick.

Interactions between Kor and Kala in the past have been very limited, if I remember. As a result, her new allegiance likely does not affect him or bother him in any way.

As for the whole reacting to recent Angels events/RP, I am actually not even aware such things existed. Maybe I need to visit IGS more or something. However, even if IC Kor did know about happenings with the Angels, he likely wouldn't get involved unless implications of said happenings reached Caldari or Ishukone. Just cause IC Kor doesn't respond to such events, doesn't mean OOC Kor is not interested in them. ;)
Character Profile - last updated 10.14.17

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #55 on: 24 Sep 2014, 06:25 »

I noticed! I'm just unsubscribed, otherwise there would be plenty of backroom Angel hugs and kisses!

URIEL is usually a bit more low-key than other Angel RP groups. I didn't get too severe of a "Rawr! Angels!" response when I joined them either.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #56 on: 24 Sep 2014, 08:44 »

Hmm, so it (seems to be) a combination of people not caring, people not caring enough to make a fuss, and people not actually realising that URIEL are Angels..

Well, I can work with that. The "sitting quietly in the background and making a lot of money" deal is one I'm quite happy to sign up to  :D

I also have some ideas to combine with some of the other discussions going on at the moment. Just need a stable wifi connection already  :evil:

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #57 on: 24 Sep 2014, 10:35 »

Esna hasn't said anything on two accounts, one of which is that (with a few exceptions) he doesn't particularly care if someone decides to attaches a particular faction tag to their name and judges by actions instead. So far the only thing he's seen Kala doing is hunting other capsuleers, which puts only puts her on the same level as tens of thousands of other random capsuleer pirates.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #58 on: 06 Apr 2015, 11:54 »

For those I forgot to tell (whoops), I am not dead I have simply gone home for Easter. I will be there for the vast majority of April, so don't expect to see much of me till the end of the month (muh killboard stats q.q).

Posting here has also made me realise how desperately in need of an update the OP is, so I'll see about getting something done with that while I'm away.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #59 on: 15 Feb 2017, 01:12 »

Updated for the first time in 2 years  :D

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5