Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

debris from starship combat near planets sometimes survives re-entry, as when a relay station on Yong III was destroyed by debris after a fierce fight in low orbit on 27.08YC105.

Author Topic: Amarr Capsuleer Training of Slavery Abolitionists  (Read 1096 times)

Teptae

• Clonejack

Do you think that the Amarr Empire would put an avowed slavery abolitionist through capsuleer training?

If so, under what circumstances?

I'm working on an agnostic slavery abolitionist, but I can't come up with a reason why the Empire would even allow such a person to go through capsuleer training.

Even though in-game you go through the training within your own "race" would it be an accepted role play to say he/she went through the training elsewhere? For example, an Amarr receiving capsuleer training in the Gallente Federation.

Aradina

• Behold.
  • Wetgraver
Re: Amarr Capsuleer Training of Slavery Abolitionists
« Reply #1 on: 18 May 2018, 09:41 »

Your characters starting school doesn't have to represent where they actually went to school, although some people will point at it and claim otherwise. There are Caldari RPers whose characters are Minmatar for example.

Capsuleer training can be sponsored by private groups too, not just the major empires. So you have a lot of leeway.
I exist sometimes.

Teptae

• Clonejack
« Reply #2 on: 18 May 2018, 10:18 »

Thank you for the reply. I guess I have been looking too narrowly at things. This helped a lot.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #3 on: 19 May 2018, 20:09 »

For Amarr schools, it would depend on a couple of factors. For one, how vocal is the character? Two, are they from the nobility or are they a commoner? While abolitionist mindsets are not approved of in Amarr, even declared heretical, the schools aren't likely to care as long as the capsuleer-to-be is able to pay their tuition and doesn't make a scene. Being nobility also ensures that even if a fuss is made, they might be unwilling to take action because of your connections (though it would probably be reported to the family, and the family might take action in order to maintain its reputation).

Teptae

• Clonejack
« Reply #4 on: 19 May 2018, 20:49 »

When I created the character, he is True Amarr and the school is Hedion University. I was considering him being a professor at the school who after being a visiting scholar at the University of Caille he began adopting the Gallente lifestyle. He returned to Hedion for capsuleer training. I haven't really developed anything much beyond that other than him being a humanitarian.

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #5 on: 26 May 2018, 01:40 »

When I created the character, he is True Amarr and the school is Hedion University. I was considering him being a professor at the school who after being a visiting scholar at the University of Caille he began adopting the Gallente lifestyle. He returned to Hedion for capsuleer training. I haven't really developed anything much beyond that other than him being a humanitarian.

Bear in mind that in a civilisation like the Empire visiting the Federation and "going  native" in a visible way would get you looked at by the Theology Council and the MIO. That said I get the impression that Hedion types are thought of as eccentric rather than properly dangerous.
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.