Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That all Blood Raider commanders receive substantial theological training as well? (The Burning Life, p. 56)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Where would we be without FW?  (Read 5960 times)

Lyn Farel

Re: Where would we be without FW?
« Reply #15 on: 17 Sep 2011, 11:56 »

According to the Amarr militia KB, I'd be 5.6b richer.

But the legend of the angry miner would not have existed. : (

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #16 on: 17 Sep 2011, 12:06 »

What's FW?

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #17 on: 17 Sep 2011, 12:28 »

Without FW and TEA?

I would still be playing EVE.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette
« Reply #18 on: 17 Sep 2011, 13:03 »

Without FW and TEA?

I would still be playing EVE.

I was looking forward to your anti-Jamyl corp, Lallara. Why didn't you end up pursuing that more?
Section 3) Shitposting. "The cluster would be a much better place if all Amarrians were set on fire"

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #19 on: 17 Sep 2011, 13:48 »

Without FW I suspect EM would be spending less time chasing pirates and a bit more scrapping with PIE (and any other Imperial loyalist outfit that wanted to get in on the act).
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.
« Reply #20 on: 19 Sep 2011, 17:37 »

Without FW I would probably still be PVPing somewhere like I am now in IRED.  FW for Simca was more to explain her background in Mordu's Legion and the game mechanics that say she graduated from UoC. Personally I enjoy and like FW despite its current brokeness, and plan to return to it at some point.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon

Van Cleef

• Clonejack
« Reply #21 on: 06 Nov 2011, 13:04 »

I am a bit jaded over FW.  CAIN was founded many years ago long before FW entered into the scene.  We did our RP thing in the State, a lot of anti-piracy operations and some RP wars based of in game events.

FW changed the RP world drastically, I believe for the worse.  There is very little of a RP community, and the former pirates who can now attack ships without security status penalties took over.  They aren't there for the RP, they dont know it and do not care about it.  But to be a RPer for a empire nation your almost forced into the FW area.

CAIN spent two years off and on in the militia, and they were some pretty low points as people just got bored.  If there was not FW, then I believe we would have more creative RP instead of circling beacons.

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #22 on: 07 Nov 2011, 19:38 »

That mirrors my thoughts and feelings exactly.   Also it keeps new empire loyal alliances from forming since any five man Corp can just jump right into the fray and doesn't have to seek out like minded corps.  How many AMs,  EMs, or I-REDs have formed since FW?

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #23 on: 07 Nov 2011, 19:57 »

I would not have lost my ability to afford human respect to a large number of EVE players.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #24 on: 08 Nov 2011, 04:02 »

I would not have lost my ability to afford human respect to a large number of EVE players.

Players, Andreus? Not characters?

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #25 on: 08 Nov 2011, 06:06 »

Players, Andreus? Not characters?

Yep. Players. FW made me lose my ability to respect a large number of players, which is only one of its many egregious sins.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #26 on: 08 Nov 2011, 11:08 »

I can likely guess who some of these players migt be, but I digress.

For my part, beyond the whole 'FW is broken arrrrgh' thing (well covered, elsewhere) my biggest annoyance is, as stated, it sucks RP'ers out of EVE and dumps them into the FW sphere because it's apparently the only 'legit' struggle for nationals. Very, very sad, tbh. I'm personally convinced what little hope there was for a sustained pro-Fed RP alliance died with the coming of FW.

Saikoyu

• Omelette
« Reply #27 on: 08 Nov 2011, 11:42 »

Honestly FW didn't do much for me, one way or the other, so enough said on that.

But ont eh topic as a whole, I'll agree that FW really killed off a lot of RP, and I've noticed that any time there is a "war" in a RPG, it does really kill off a lot of posibilities and really strains the RP theme.  Think about this.  Now that we are "at war" with each other, you have all said it, fighting for your nation is the only way to go.  But that doesn't make sense, since we can never win the war, or lose it.  Its totally meaning less.  But back when the empires were at peace, you could either be nice and peaceful, or you could shoot at your neighbor, and either way the empire you support could pat you on the back while offically having nothing to do with your blowing up that ammo dump or whatever.

Just thinking about it, I think FW should have been "cold war."  Where the militias would be mostly like they are today, but more underground, and truely third party warfare like the cold war was in real life.  So the empires would be like the Americans and the Soviets, and the capsuleer corps would be like the North and South Korea's and such before the actual Korean war.  That way, the fighters can fight, and other who don't want to fight don't have to and can still support their empires.  And the Empires can give neat stuff the to the fighters, but its all on the sly.

Maybe I should pitch that to CCP for a temp fix to faction warfare, and give us more RP stuff to work with. 

Lyn Farel

« Reply #28 on: 08 Nov 2011, 12:41 »

I am a bit jaded over FW.  CAIN was founded many years ago long before FW entered into the scene.  We did our RP thing in the State, a lot of anti-piracy operations and some RP wars based of in game events.

FW changed the RP world drastically, I believe for the worse.  There is very little of a RP community, and the former pirates who can now attack ships without security status penalties took over.  They aren't there for the RP, they dont know it and do not care about it.  But to be a RPer for a empire nation your almost forced into the FW area.

CAIN spent two years off and on in the militia, and they were some pretty low points as people just got bored.  If there was not FW, then I believe we would have more creative RP instead of circling beacons.

I agree, and this is also what saddens me because i have always found the FW concept quite good (I mean, that kind of easy and enjoyable pvp, not the mechanisms themselves and how they are bad atm).

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #29 on: 08 Nov 2011, 14:10 »

Now that KOTMC has folded and I've moved on to another FW corp, I can very definitely say that without FW, I'd be off derping around in 0.0. As was, it was a tough choice between joining some small, 0.0-roaming corp and coming back to FW again. Ultimately, the laid-back PvP environment drew me back in - we've got just about every trapping of 0.0 (specific mechanics aside) but without the CTAs, spies stealing our hard-earned stuff, etc...

That said, I don't doubt either that the community as a whole would be far more active without FW. In particular, FW erased the nuances of many factions - i.e., the Hawk-vs-Dove debate in the Federation or the acceptance-vs-terrorism debate in the Republic kind of became moot after the sides ended up at war.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4