Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The voice of the AI on capsuleer ships was recorded by Excena Foer? Read more here

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Where would we be without FW?  (Read 5959 times)

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
Where would we be without FW?
« on: 07 Sep 2011, 09:09 »

So this started in my head as a very simple, curious question to the people and corps in FW:  If FW didn't exist, where would you and/or your corporation be, and what would they be doing?

Unfortunately, it then evolved into a different question, but I'll leave that aside until later.

So yeah. If FW weren't there, what would you and your corp be doing? I know the question is a little unfair for corps formed specifically for FW, but I'm sure you can be creative.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
Re: Where would we be without FW?
« Reply #1 on: 07 Sep 2011, 11:05 »

KOTMC is hard to answer for since it was one of those more-or-less purpose-formed FW corps, but it contains enough people dedicated to the Amarr faction that I'd argue it might have existed as a loyalist RP/PvP corp, possibly off claiming low/null sec space FOR THE EMPIAH or purging heathens from our territories.  :P

I, personally? harder to say; the "consensual wardec" PvP component of FW was definitely one of the things that attracted me to KOTMC. Without it, I might have ended up off in null or lowsec, being NBSI or piratish (it'd also depend on how much PvP KOTMC was getting into without FW).
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #2 on: 07 Sep 2011, 11:06 »

Can't really speak for Veto, but I'd guess we'd probably not be doing anything different. Might still be based in lowsec, if anything.

Me? I dunno. I might be less jaded and :fuckthatshit: about lowsec if FW didn't exist... though, to be fair, I probably also wouldn't have made Morwen, as that was what she was created for originally before I got sucked into regular missions.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #3 on: 07 Sep 2011, 12:13 »

Without FW, I think many of the non-CVA Amarr groups would have united in some form.

(Note: not many CVA Amarr groups left, are there?)

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #4 on: 07 Sep 2011, 13:34 »

uhm, i think i would have created my own RP corp, based off High-sec and trying to extend influence into Syndicate....

Bring all those citizens into the light of Democracy  :bear:

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #5 on: 08 Sep 2011, 02:54 »

Same thing just less lowsec combat for I-RED anyways.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #6 on: 08 Sep 2011, 04:32 »

For KotMC ? I dunno.

For me, I would probably have stayed in CVA longer, but I doubt i would still be in it now. Probably back to anti pirate-ish stuff.

Late EDIT : actually if I want to be the most objective possible, without FW I would never have found KotMC (and thus, the global RP community), and would probably have stopped playing for long since I mainly remain on this game for RP.
« Last Edit: 08 Sep 2011, 09:04 by Lyn Farel »

Ryven Krennel

• Wetgraver
« Reply #7 on: 08 Sep 2011, 06:35 »

Without FW... 

1) I would never have RP'd
2) I would probably still be a Goon pet.
3) Or I'd be a pirate.
4) Or I might be in Rote Kapelle with a friend of mine.
5) Or I might be in Test with my brother.

Basically, I wouldn't be RP-ing.   That's the big difference.  I jumped into RP as a consequence of moving to FW, mostly to enrich my FW experience.   Not to mention, although not strictly an RP corp, KOTMC does a lot of RP.

Malcolm Khross

« Reply #8 on: 08 Sep 2011, 11:57 »

Without FW...

Hm, I probably would still be playing Raze in the Imperial Academy, running missions and RPing alone.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #9 on: 08 Sep 2011, 18:54 »

LDIS was formed before EA/FW hit and we always had a goal of T2 production (something we are doing).  EA/FW introduced an entirely new region, Black Rise, which is where we have made our home.   I suspect if EA/FW had not occurred, we might have found our way into 4TH and tried to be an industrial backbone, but I am not sure.

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #10 on: 12 Sep 2011, 23:11 »

Once CCP fixes FW, we're all going to say 'worse off'.

And yes, while KotMC perhaps does not owe its existence to FW, it certainly does owe its success, size and power to it. The collection of PvP'ers and patriotic Amarrians found in the 24th IC has been a boon for us, not to mention given us purpose and direction.

Vieve

• Unreliable Narrator
  • Omelette
  • The Dark Powers Are Always Happy To Help
« Reply #11 on: 13 Sep 2011, 07:17 »

When I think about where Vieve might be now if EA/FW had never happened, I get the beginnings of a headache. 

If it were to disappear now?  I don't think it'd have much effect on my characters' storylines.  Maybe.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #12 on: 13 Sep 2011, 09:10 »

If not for FW I would likely not have delved as deeply into RP as I did - I was on my way into the deeper ends and rather active on the summit etc. before the expansion and during the build-up to it, when it hit and for a good long while after. If FW had never hit I'd likely still joined STRIX but that corp might not have burned itself up on FW and died off.

I allways suspected FW would kill STRIX, even from the damn start, and far down the road I hate having even been partially right.

On the flip-side of things it's nearly impossible to predict how non-FW high-sec/low-sec RP wars and pirate-hunting ops had fared with the corp, the storyline and everything, so the only thing I'm sure of is, I'd still be more 'into' the Fed-side of RP, though perhaps not as deeply as I were before I offed my oldest toon. Also my FW-only toon would obviously never have existed...

Shalee Lianne

• Wetgraver
« Reply #13 on: 16 Sep 2011, 16:28 »

I doubt I'd even be on EVE without FW.  I came into the game straight into FW and RP.  Personally I don't think I'd do piracy, I don't think I'd like null sec, and I'd bore of carebearing after a while.  So I wouldn't have stuck it out this long without FW.  With FW there's always something to shoot and something to RP about.

Raphael Saint

• I should really go back to mining
  • Wetgraver
    • Miner Inconvienences [Blog]
« Reply #14 on: 17 Sep 2011, 11:22 »

According to the Amarr militia KB, I'd be 5.6b richer.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4