Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That docked cruisers are held in place with massive clamps on strategic support sections of the ship, and are disengaged with incendiary explosives? (The Burning Life p. 75)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: The Hilaban Academy For Fine Young Amarrian Ladies  (Read 16272 times)

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
Re: The Hilaban Academy For Fine Young Amarrian Ladies
« Reply #75 on: 18 Apr 2014, 08:14 »

Tech Studies

The class are watching a levitating superconducting magnet.

"Omg, that's amazing", says Sehrazah.

"Indeed", says Mr. Gorouyar, "Superconducting materials have many applications, due to their electrical and magnetic properties."

"How do they work?", asks Zesia.

Mr. Gorouyar explains about how electrons move in normal materials, and how they move in superconductors.

"So like, when the electrons all point the same way, then it's a superconductor?" asks Akhtih.

"Indeed so, one might even say that their behaviour is similar to the Code of Demeanour in the Scriptures which says that Free thought is the begetter of Disorder, and Uniform thought is the way of life."

"omg, superconductors are totes righteous", says Girned.

Louella's Diary

Dear mum, we learned about superconductors today, there was this levitating magnet, but it wasn't heresy, it was totally righteous. Science is fun.
\o/

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #76 on: 18 May 2014, 18:46 »

Polymers and superconductors are both righteous. Joined and aligned together people are powerful!

I miss these stories. :)

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #77 on: 27 Nov 2014, 12:59 »

Polymers and superconductors are both righteous. Joined and aligned together people are powerful!

I have writers block, also eve source changed some things. vOv
\o/

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #78 on: 01 Dec 2014, 02:38 »

Sorry to hear about the writers block: I enjoyed your stories.

I haven't caught up with EVE Source. Did it take the joy out of your vision of an Amarrian education?

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #79 on: 01 Dec 2014, 12:51 »

I haven't caught up with EVE Source. Did it take the joy out of your vision of an Amarrian education?

I've written a few other things in the meantime :) Just kind of stuck with this one atm.

Eve source redefined (again) how capsuleers are selected and trained. 99.9th percentile in intelligence and fitness and so on and so forth, and the age requirements and all that, as well as the whole euthanasia thing.

Instead of what was the process in the past - a gene for capsule compatibility, and attaching implants to someone's brain, and hoping for the best.

So kind of stuck because really, if Lou's in the 99.9th percentile for intelligence, then lol.
\o/

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #80 on: 02 Dec 2014, 07:32 »

If that is the case, then I will burn my EVE Source Book, if I ever buy one.

Considering how moronic many capsuleers behave, I would say the  99.9th percentile for intelligence criteria is not working at all.

I will go with the special gene theory, which at least can explain, why the empires would want to invest in imbecile capsuleers. As obviously an imbecile capsuleer is still better than a non-capsuleer.
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #81 on: 02 Dec 2014, 14:37 »

I've written a few other things in the meantime :) Just kind of stuck with this one atm.

Eve source redefined (again) how capsuleers are selected and trained. 99.9th percentile in intelligence and fitness and so on and so forth, and the age requirements and all that, as well as the whole euthanasia thing.

Instead of what was the process in the past - a gene for capsule compatibility, and attaching implants to someone's brain, and hoping for the best.

So kind of stuck because really, if Lou's in the 99.9th percentile for intelligence, then lol.

The genes are still there, just not as much of a hard requirement (Source implies that having genetic compatability helps, but resisting mindlock can also be trained). so is the attaching implants to the brain, Source actually explicitly confirms that you don't need to clone to be able to get the implants and be able to get in a pod. The euthanasia is just a psych test thing.

And the book explicitly says that it's how things are done in the current year. Last time these things came up, CCP went out of their way to clarify that it was a change in how things were done, so I'd say people can consider the same for the current ones. It's how things are done now, but people who came before, came before, and their stories still work.

As far as the 98% intelligence thing... I still subscribe by the belief a lot of capsuleers get around that due to connections and riches, and many others come in at that level but lose it after synaptic degradation from cloning. Because yeah, most of the playerbase kind of flies in the face of that.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #82 on: 14 Dec 2014, 12:17 »

Day Off

Sehrazah and Louella are reading books about social customs in the library.

"How come your grandad and you have the same name, Louella?" asks Sehrazah.
"Oh, that's cos mum had like, one of those thingie marriages to my dad, one of those matrilineal ones. Same as my grandad did with my grandma. Technically Dougans isn't his name either, but cos he was an Army officer and my grandma is a Holder then she married him matrilinearly", says Louella.
"Oh, that's interesting !"
"Yeah, it like, keeps the name and stuff, and means I'm the one who inherits and stuff."
"Cool. So what does your dad do ?"
"I don't know, like, I think he's some kind of agent for the Imperial diplomatic service ? I've never actually like, met him ?"
"Really ? that's a bit unusual ?"
"I know! I said that to Mum and like, I said 'how come dad doesn't live with us?' and she was like 'sometimes it's best to live apart from your husband, when you get older you'll understand' and I was like, pffffft."
"So you want a live-in husband when you get older?"
"Totally! I'll like, build a shed in the garden for him to live in. Men totes like sheds!"
"Heheheee!"
"heheh"
\o/

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette
« Reply #83 on: 16 Dec 2014, 10:00 »

Yeah, this really is a stinker, I'm with Lou, no way in hell is Mit in that bracket, unless the vast majority of the cluster is really bad off :p
Section 3) Shitposting. "The cluster would be a much better place if all Amarrians were set on fire"

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #84 on: 15 Mar 2015, 10:38 »

Some time later

Biology

"Good morning class, today we shall be looking at medical imaging, and how it is used for monitoring the health of a pregnant woman" says Miss Nisouman.
"Ultrasound is one such imaging method, using waves of high frequency sound to look inside the human body"

Sets of ultrasound imaging equipment are distributed amongst the class.

"The sound waves reflect off the different layers of tissue, which allows an image to be built up"

"Now, if you've quite finished ultrasounding each other, we'll have a look at the slaves you're using for your human breeding lessons"

The class put the ultrasound equipment down, until the pregnant slaves arrive.

Louella's group examines Hazli with the ultrasound, and peer at the images on the device.

"I don't know how doctors make sense of these images, it's all wibbly", says Sehrazah.
"Try putting more of that gloop on"
"that's better, still a bit wibbly though"
"look, that line looks like a head, omg so does that line"
"Miss Nisouman?"
"What is it, Louella?"
"we don't understand this image?"
Miss Nisouman has a look. "Oh, well that's interesting."
"What is it, miss?"
"It seems Hazli here is carrying twins."
"omg, awesome!"

After ultrasound imaging, the class look at other imaging techniques.
\o/
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]