Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The nation of Jin-Mei is the latest addition to the Federation? For more, read here.

Author Topic: {Character} Isis Devaara  (Read 1071 times)

Alizabeth

• Egger
{Character} Isis Devaara
« on: 29 Aug 2011, 09:45 »

Name: Isis Devaara
Titles and Descriptors: Lady and Mistress of House Devaara, Holder of the Devaara Hills of Joppaya, Friend of the Ardishapur Holder Family. Loyal Servant of God and the Empress
Political Affiliations: House Devaara, Ardishapur Family, Amarr Empire.
Political/Religious Alignment: Conservative
Sex: Female
Height: 160 cm
Weight: 54 kg

House Devaara and the Devaara Hills
The Devaara family started out as slaves to the Ardishapur family when the Ni-Kunni were first reclaimed.  They served well and were eager to learn and embrace their new nation and religion and eventually would up as vassals of Lord Ardishapur and created as a noble house YC -198.  They were granted possession of the Devaara Hills, renamed from the rather bland "The Black Hills" on Joppaya II and have been there ever since.  Their holding encompasses nearly two hundred square kilometers, although most of it is rather mountainous and unsuitable for much anything besides mining.  The main population centre is Devaara City, with a population of around thrity thousand, of which roughly twenty thousand are slave, five thousand freedmen, and the rest commoners and members of the Devaara family.  Through shrewd use of resources and a few innovative survey techniques the holding has boomed from the original copper mine to thirteen mines hauling out seven different types of metal.  Tungsten, copper, iron, nickle, silver, titanium and uranium.  There are seven ore refineries and two forges that round out the industrial side of the operation.  Isis became head of the family four years ago with the tragic death of her father in a helo crash.   She has since looked for other ways to diversify her holding's economy so that when the mines do run out, it will not whither and die.

Personal Life
Isis was a part of an arranged marriage when she was seventeen to a rather dimwitted True Amarrian man.  She had four children, two girls, folowed by two boys.  Her dimwitted husband died in a mining accident; he apparently wondered into a blast zone without anyone knowing it.  She has not remarried.

Attitude towards Slavery
Isis is very pro slavery.  She sees it as the best hope of salvation of the Matari peoples and the best way to bring them to God.  She is not cruel, but she is exacting.  She is more than slightly perplexed why the Minmatars fight so strongly when all that the Empire has tried to do is help them.

Misc.
Isis drinks coffee, espresso and espresso based drinks almost all the time.  She also has a near addiction to chocolate croissants.
On chocolate croissants: "I know, it's a heathen Gallente pastry.  However, I have dedicated my life to reclaiming all of that particular heathen pastry.  The problem is, Leopold, is that that they keep making more of them"

(I'm sure that I have forgotten a few things which will occur to me later.  When they do, I will post them)
« Last Edit: 01 Sep 2011, 22:21 by Isis »

Malcolm Khross

Re: {Character} Isis Devaara
« Reply #1 on: 29 Aug 2011, 09:56 »

Isis has actually been really fun to interact with so far. She's got a very "haughty" type presence, but doesn't seem to have a lot of malice.

Her constant reference to people as "child" and demanding respect is pretty much exactly what you'd expect from a hardline conservative Amarr, and her "mood" and demeanor are pretty solid.

She's confused Malcolm to no end with her consistent reference to the Amarr god in the feminine though and he'll continue to take issue with it (because it's fun).

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #2 on: 29 Aug 2011, 11:35 »

For reasons Isis is aware of, Kat will probably be speaking to her again sometime in the future. ;D

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette
« Reply #3 on: 29 Aug 2011, 11:36 »

...She also has a near addiction to chocolate croissants...

Hurray!  Mitty has something of a sweet tooth as well, they'll have to get together and have some kind of tasting party :p
Section 3) Shitposting. "The cluster would be a much better place if all Amarrians were set on fire"