Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Blood Raider ships have the same design and golden sheen as Amarrian vessels, but are mottled in rust-like vermilion? (The Burning Life p. 80)

Author Topic: Slaves, Slavers, Militants and other citizen item types with meaning!  (Read 1243 times)

DeT Resprox

• Egger
  • Leader of Ushra'Khan and founding member.
    • evepandora

I recently made a thread on the EvE Ideas forum around how slaves could be implemented into having a proper purpose in EvE other than the metagaming currently done around them.  The thread can be found HERE.

Currently, within T.R.I.A.D there is a mission i created to free slaves from Amarrian NPC haulers to give them more meaning in exchange for Loyalty Points and standing gain to T.R.I.A.D. 

Have a look and see what you think.

DeT Resprox
Leader of the Ushra'Khan and founding member
T.R.I.A.D CEO
Minmatar Militia Fleet Commander
Founding member of the People's Republic of Minmatar

Merdaneth

• Pod Captain

Don't make the design oppositional, polarized and stereotypical. Not all Minmatar want to free slaves, not all Amarr want to enslave people. Not all slaves are Minmatar, not all slavers are Amarr. Not all Amarr Empire loyalists support slavery, not all Republic adherents want to abolish slavery. Don't force an RP angle on anyone.

Merdaneth has probably freed far more slaves than any 'freedom fighter', I would highly frown on any design that would force me to have good Minmatar standings or be forced to create only Minmatar freed slaves.

Also, there seems to be no room for Amarr Empire action against illegal slavers. Once again, my character regularly hunts down and brings illegal slavers to justice. By just making any enslavement considered positive to the Amarr Empire, you are stereotypicalizing the situation, reducing breadth of gameplay.

Some people in Amarr Faction don't use slaves because they are opposed to slavery. Some people in Amarr Faction don't use slaves because they are actually spies for the Republic. To have them 'drop slaves' would be forcing a certain RP perspective on them. I very set against that.

Standings adjustments: no. It will be gamed.

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain

Also, there seems to be no room for Amarr Empire action against illegal slavers. Once again, my character regularly hunts down and brings illegal slavers to justice. By just making any enslavement considered positive to the Amarr Empire, you are stereotypicalizing the situation, reducing breadth of gameplay.

Indeed, I recently participated in a RP event in which Amarr opposed to slavery, Amarr opposed to illegal slavery, and Minmatar loyalists joined forces to bust an illegal slaver organisation.
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.