Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Defiants were a splinter group of the Minmatar fleet that waged guerrilla war against the Amarr?

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Request Forwarded to RP Community from CCP Maiden Steel  (Read 6641 times)

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.
Re: Request Forwarded to RP Community from CCP Maiden Steel
« Reply #30 on: 26 Jul 2011, 11:52 »

The biggest clash is how static many of the storylines and empires have been for the past couple of years. I believe it's making the RP scene more stale.

QFT

Uh yeah. Moving the stories along in some way would be awesome.

Also another thing that bugs me is race locked clothing. Now that we have the NeX and it caters to all why would each race still get its own set of clothing instead of all of it being available to anyone.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #31 on: 27 Jul 2011, 03:02 »

For some reason I had a flashback to this thread on Chatsubo from 2007.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #32 on: 29 Jul 2011, 13:04 »

The Minmatar are supposed to be all about freeing the slaves, but currently we can't change the status of any slaves (or elite slaves) that we pick up in missions.

How about a BPO to convert them to another passenger type, say to homeless, and others to convert on further to other types?

Conversely Imperial BPOs to reverse the process.

Surely not too difficut to code?
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Saikoyu

• Omelette
« Reply #33 on: 29 Jul 2011, 15:05 »

Suppported for more freeing of slaves, or slaving the free.  The instant this happens in game, my corp will finally have purpose!

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #34 on: 30 Jul 2011, 03:25 »

Plus. This could even be sold as something the non roleplayers could appreciate.

If you can convert passenger types then, presumably, you could work the market to make a profit. It might also feed into whatever system is eventually used for crews.
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #35 on: 30 Jul 2011, 04:08 »

Could be fun to have a random system with the conversion :

- If you are converting someone to a slave, it will be a slave, or maybe with some chance an elite slave.
- If you are freeing a slave, it can become a homeless (higher chance), a scientist, whatever he could become after becoming free.

Oh and I would love to see a human resources management for PI and stuff like that : you would have to buy/get/whatever manpower to make them run properly. It would give a purpose to human "goods".

Kazzzi

• Egger
« Reply #36 on: 31 Jul 2011, 01:48 »

Nullsec can exist pretty much devoid of RP. Alliance level Incentives, both positive and negative, for nullsec players to actually favor an RP faction would be nice. Over 90% of nullsec players are basically in their own random factions of space dementia with little regard for the storyline.

Ok maybe I just want to lol when lolrp gets forced down their throats, but still.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #37 on: 31 Jul 2011, 07:21 »

Nullsec can exist pretty much devoid of RP. Alliance level Incentives, both positive and negative, for nullsec players to actually favor an RP faction would be nice. Over 90% of nullsec players are basically in their own random factions of space dementia with little regard for the storyline.

Ok maybe I just want to lol when lolrp gets forced down their throats, but still.

Terminus Systems like in Mass Effect. The majority of the nullsec population under a capsuleer alliance form the infrastructure and network that support their ships, stations, operations and so on. They headed out there to brave the extreme dangers but the opportunity for masses of wealth.

Other than that, mostly a lawless frontier, inhabited by a fringe population, constantly wartorn.

Kazzzi

• Egger
« Reply #38 on: 31 Jul 2011, 11:41 »

Yeah, but without some tangible incentives the storyline will belong to the minority of us few players dicking around mostly in empire space. With so few people paying attention to the storyline, CCP has no reason to really put much effort into it.

The incursions were a good first step, I'd like to see the ball keep rolling.

Maximum Kiely

• Owner-Operator
  • Clonejack
« Reply #39 on: 09 Aug 2011, 12:27 »

I think if CCP wants to know what is needed the guides put together by Seriphyn would be a good place to start.

Seriphyn did a great job on the Fed guide.

Thansoli

• Republic Loyalist
  • Clonejack
  • [LUTI]<-EM->
« Reply #40 on: 19 Aug 2011, 14:16 »

I think it's been mentioned by others in this thread, but I would (also) really like to see Faction Governments be more vocal. The office of the US President holds a press conference every morning, surely politics hasn't changed that much in 20,000 years... :P

Thansoli

• Republic Loyalist
  • Clonejack
  • [LUTI]<-EM->
« Reply #41 on: 19 Aug 2011, 18:14 »

I took an opportunity to poke the Dropbear when he popped up on Twitter this afternoon. Specifically, I asked if the factional governments could get a bit more vocal with their viewpoints. Yes, there are some actors around, showing up in local or answering some Evemail, but that presents the IC problem of 'how do you know about it?'. I suggested that things like press releases on IGS and news item posts on the log in screen would give our characters a lot more to react to, besides each other. Dropbear seems to agree, that would be a good idea: "Look for that sort of thing in coming weeks."  :cube:

DISCLAIMER: Dropbear may have already been planning stuff like this and I just asked at the right moment... 8)
Pages: 1 2 [3]