Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Myrhial Arkenath was born and raised on Saisio III? Read more here

Author Topic: Acount Expired  (Read 2226 times)

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
Acount Expired
« on: 04 Jul 2011, 05:54 »

Hey guys, if anyones wondering where I am, my account expired, which I found out was due to issues with my last paycheque.

Particular apologies to Nikita Alterena for being kicked out mid-deep-existential-debate  :lol:

The joys of being a student worker....  :evil:

The very model of a British Minmatarian

Jade Constantine

• Anarchist Adventurer
  • Omelette
  • Nothing ever burns down by itself
    • The Star Fraction Communications Portal
Re: Acount Expired
« Reply #1 on: 04 Jul 2011, 08:20 »

Hey guys, if anyones wondering where I am, my account expired, which I found out was due to issues with my last paycheque.

Particular apologies to Nikita Alterena for being kicked out mid-deep-existential-debate  :lol:

this happened to a drake pilot in one of our fleets last week - one moment he was on the gate with us the next he vanished in a puff of unpaid subscription ... shocking really.

There are some arenas so corrupt that the only clean acts possible are nihilistic

Kasuko

• Wetgraver
  • Impunetrable
« Reply #2 on: 04 Jul 2011, 09:35 »

Ehwhat? I swear that when your sub expired you used to be fine until you logged out, at which point you'd be unable to login again o-O

Or am I just showing my eve-age?

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #3 on: 04 Jul 2011, 09:38 »

It's changed since then, pretty sure - though I've not had the misfortune of running into that issue myself. :P
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #4 on: 04 Jul 2011, 10:00 »

They could at least send a message similar to server maintenance/downtime events.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #5 on: 04 Jul 2011, 10:23 »

It's been that way for years, really.

* Casiella remembers a few frustrating moments as well.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #6 on: 04 Jul 2011, 10:34 »

Was wondering where you'd went :P
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Raze Valadeus

« Reply #7 on: 04 Jul 2011, 10:40 »

Wow, hope you can get back in game soon.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #8 on: 04 Jul 2011, 11:33 »

Ehwhat? I swear that when your sub expired you used to be fine until you logged out, at which point you'd be unable to login again o-O

Or am I just showing my eve-age?

There are 2 situations afaik.

If you have a paid subscription with a credit card, and it fails, then you get the kick within a short period of time. You get a "subscription expired" message, and then in something like less than 30s, you will be logged out.

If you have a PLEX subscription, if it says it expires on say 10 june, then you can remain ingame until downtime appears, and won't get the boot.

Unless it changed (again)
\o/

Kybernetes Moros

« Reply #9 on: 04 Jul 2011, 12:23 »

From when your PLEX expires to when you're actually kicked out of the game when you're logged in is a few hours or so; I'm tempted to put it at about four, since similar happened to me: my PLEX was expired, but I wasn't disconnected for a while afterwards.

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
« Reply #10 on: 04 Jul 2011, 14:53 »

Yeah ok, for convenience Im just gonna give the details in case this happens to anyone else.

What actually happened is that monthly payment failed due to insufficient funds in my bank, due to my boss improperly filling out my paycheque.

Im not sure about precise timing, but the same day as I got the email notification, I was kicked from the server.

Hope this helps clear things up
The very model of a British Minmatarian