Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Myrhial Arkenath was born and raised on Saisio III? Read more here

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: New CCP Blog - No P2W items.  (Read 15488 times)

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
Re: New CCP Blog - No P2W items.
« Reply #15 on: 02 Jul 2011, 13:09 »

The Fearless newsletter was taken out of context from the get-go. EveNews24 showed a "surprising amount of media savvy" (not my words) in leaking that when they did. It was spin, and it got people riled up.

The concern is real, but Arnar had already stated in a dev blog about 2 months ago that there would be no non-vanity items in the store. It was the perfect confluence of events, decontextualized leaks, and a shitty patch* that caused the rage.

*It was confirmed to blow up hardware, including my own.

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #16 on: 02 Jul 2011, 13:12 »

"Hissy fit over nothing" misses the point completely unless you intentionally focus on only one bit of the entire fiasco.

That.
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Revan Neferis

• Sani Sabik
  • Wetgraver
  • God's Banker
« Reply #17 on: 02 Jul 2011, 13:13 »

The Fearless newsletter was taken out of context from the get-go. EveNews24 showed a "surprising amount of media savvy" (not my words) in leaking that when they did. It was spin, and it got people riled up.

The concern is real, but Arnar had already stated in a dev blog about 2 months ago that there would be no non-vanity items in the store.

This. Really this.

It was the perfect confluence of events, decontextualized leaks, and a shitty patch* that caused the rage.

PLUS the pack mentallity of " yay, something to rage, let's go... " which is confirmed by the "new" General online threads popping up.
Erotic Evil: Sexy and Dirty, Dirty Rich.

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
« Reply #18 on: 02 Jul 2011, 13:32 »

Just to be clear, I wasn't saying that it was much ado about nothing. As Seleene said on Eve Radio, the patch had something for everyone to be mad about. I should be more mad that the game blew out the VRAM on my video card and I had to buy a new one, but I'm not the kind of person to spam forums with incessant crap.

Jade Constantine

• Anarchist Adventurer
  • Omelette
  • Nothing ever burns down by itself
    • The Star Fraction Communications Portal
« Reply #19 on: 02 Jul 2011, 13:39 »

Just to be clear, I wasn't saying that it was much ado about nothing. As Seleene said on Eve Radio, the patch had something for everyone to be mad about. I should be more mad that the game blew out the VRAM on my video card and I had to buy a new one, but I'm not the kind of person to spam forums with incessant crap.

People had quite serious concerns that needed to be addressed. I for one am glad that the protest had the result of convincing CCP to address those concerns in a professional manner.

There are some arenas so corrupt that the only clean acts possible are nihilistic

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
« Reply #20 on: 02 Jul 2011, 13:45 »

People had quite serious concerns that needed to be addressed. I for one am glad that the protest had the result of convincing CCP to address those concerns in a professional manner.

I am too. I just hate trolls, but they're an inevitable part of life on the Internet. v0v

Revan Neferis

• Sani Sabik
  • Wetgraver
  • God's Banker
« Reply #21 on: 02 Jul 2011, 13:47 »

Patch burning video cards? legitimate concern, and I am sure that people like you for example, dealt with it with better ways than spamming forums with incessant crap. As addressed on my previous threads, there were ways and ways.
Spamming of forums with caps on, shooting little pixels in jita and throwing 8 year' old kids tantrum was not what motivated ccp to address hardware issues and serious concerns. It was again, reality of the situation, something that needed to be addressed and im sure it was by petitions and the normal mature ways to deal with the situation.
The silly forum protesters spamming all over had nothing to do with natural company decisions which continues to be implemented as programmed since its inception.
Nothing really new happened.

Crucifire

« Reply #22 on: 02 Jul 2011, 13:52 »

What happened this week guys, I missed it?

(I'm kidding, I just stayed the hell out of it)

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #23 on: 02 Jul 2011, 13:54 »

I feel like there's no point discussing this, judging by the replies in this thread.

People like Miz and Revan - I don't know what to call them, CCP supporters in this instance, or something - are just going to keep acting like they have NO idea why players are so upset. Like it's ONLY about the monocles. Like there was one TINY issue that got fixed and we were just being whiny for nothing. Like it was CCP's wisdom that brought these minor changes, not the action of players.

I really don't know how to be constructive about it, it's just obscene.
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Jade Constantine

• Anarchist Adventurer
  • Omelette
« Reply #24 on: 02 Jul 2011, 13:57 »

There is no point discussing that aspect Senn. Just ignore it and move on.

There are some arenas so corrupt that the only clean acts possible are nihilistic

Revan Neferis

• Sani Sabik
  • Wetgraver
  • God's Banker
« Reply #25 on: 02 Jul 2011, 14:01 »

There is no point discussing that aspect Senn. Just ignore it and move on.

Or make more constructive posts like this of course.
On a side note, there isnt really anything to be discussed, end of the day there will be people who finds screaming and shouting and shaving avatar heads something quite hot.  :twisted:
Your protest was at least a bit original and didnt include forum posts with caps on and profane words. So there was a single plus there a measure of pleasure and entertainment blended with it all.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #26 on: 02 Jul 2011, 14:02 »

Do what I do: type out the response you'd really like to give, the one that violates every rule of the forum and would singe eyebrows across the Internet...

Then CTRL-A and delete it without posting. You'll feel better and won't actually bash your head against the wall.

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #27 on: 02 Jul 2011, 14:05 »

Please, think of the children!

Jade Constantine

• Anarchist Adventurer
  • Omelette
« Reply #28 on: 02 Jul 2011, 14:08 »

Do what I do: type out the response you'd really like to give, the one that violates every rule of the forum and would singe eyebrows across the Internet...

Then CTRL-A and delete it without posting. You'll feel better and won't actually bash your head against the wall.

You do that too ?  :)

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #29 on: 02 Jul 2011, 14:10 »

You do that too ?  :)

It's a very good method that works well - been using it for a long while myself. I would encourage more people to try it out.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8