Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Saxon Hawke has the inscription "A man travels the universe in search of what he needs and returns home to find it." added near the entry port of every ship he purchases?

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: New CCP Blog - No P2W items.  (Read 15486 times)

Jade Constantine

• Anarchist Adventurer
  • Omelette
  • Nothing ever burns down by itself
    • The Star Fraction Communications Portal
Re: New CCP Blog - No P2W items.
« Reply #105 on: 04 Jul 2011, 08:19 »

in previous presentations/ fanfests/ devblogs/ etc. CCP have talked about Incarna, and have seemed a bit lost for words to come up with answers to "what is Incarna for ?"

One thing they did mention was the possibility of player businesses, and possible careers. Although they seemed rather half-baked. They mentioned "hairdresser, bartender, tailor" as possible "careers" in Incarna. Yes. Quite. A battleship pilot cuts hairdos on the side. Anyways...

However, with these microtransaction clothing and accessories, it has kind of torpedoed even those half-baked ideas they did come up with. What role is there for a "dressmaker" when the NeX store exists ?

Incarna still seems like having Big Questions as to what it is for.

And this remains a very important questionmark hanging over Incarna in my mind certainly. If the answer is "its basically one big vanity display cabinet" then I think there is every reason for the community to continue to be very annoyed about the amount of development that has gone into this. If on the other hand there will be non-Nex content delivered then I'd like us to start hearing about it sooner rather than later.

There are some arenas so corrupt that the only clean acts possible are nihilistic

Misan

• Shady Thukker & Ninja Admin
  • Pod Captain
    • Serious Thukking Business - Blog
Re: New CCP Blog - No P2W items.
« Reply #106 on: 06 Jul 2011, 14:16 »

Article detailing the press conference on Massively: http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/07/06/eve-online-press-conference-answers-vital-questions-transcript/ to add on to the blog.
EVE Blog and Project Status: on hold -- busy being Thukker-esque IRL.
Twitter
What I'm busy with, if you're curious.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]