Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that Frentix exists in a diluted version called Frenetix?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: New CCP Blog - No P2W items.  (Read 15487 times)

Vikarion

New CCP Blog - No P2W items.
« on: 02 Jul 2011, 11:17 »

http://www.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&bid=935

This makes me very happy. I may even buy something from the (overpriced) NEX store.  :D

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
Re: New CCP Blog - No P2W items.
« Reply #1 on: 02 Jul 2011, 11:25 »

Yeah, already saw that. The whole thing can be shortened down to the following:

"See? You all had a freakin' hissyfit over absolutely nothing."

Now to tally up how many of the ones who "unsubbed" actually follows through with it. My ISK is on zero or close to it.
I have to say, the insanely loud and viciously enraged mob mentality that was going on shamed the entire Eve community.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #2 on: 02 Jul 2011, 11:40 »

Now to tally up how many of the ones who "unsubbed" actually follows through with it. My ISK is on zero or close to it.
I have to say, the insanely loud and viciously enraged mob mentality that was going on shamed the entire Eve community.

are you kidding? I'm pretty sure the reason that this all went through in the way it did at all was because of the noise the players made. CCP wanted to see our actions, and we showed them. I see this as a victory for the community, and its something the gaming world isn't going to forget quickly.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Vikarion

« Reply #3 on: 02 Jul 2011, 11:45 »

Why would we "follow through with it"? CCP did exactly what most of us wanted.

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
« Reply #4 on: 02 Jul 2011, 11:50 »

This should theoretically answer every question the customers have had in recent weeks.

I'm satisfied, myself. I'm a bit perplexed that Hilmar didn't come out and apologize (maybe he's planning yet to do that) but I know he's a good guy and that there was a sociocultural issue at play there more than hubris. Icelanders are very blunt people and it doesn't translate into written words very well.

So, guess I'll continue to laugh at the conspiracy theorists, trolls, and children on the forums.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #5 on: 02 Jul 2011, 11:56 »

NeX is still too expensive. Fine, charge a lot of a monocle so it doesn't flood everyone's avatars, but a skirt shouldn't be so damned expensive.

When Establishments come out, how many of us will be wearing those Minmatar vest jackets? We need cheap stuff for the sake of variety when we all go drinking together, or whatever.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #6 on: 02 Jul 2011, 11:57 »

"Hissy fit over nothing" misses the point completely unless you intentionally focus on only one bit of the entire fiasco.

Revan Neferis

• Sani Sabik
  • Wetgraver
  • God's Banker
« Reply #7 on: 02 Jul 2011, 12:10 »

Coudn't agree more, although I too bet my isk how they will try to justify such tantrum with yet another tantrum. Revolutions " must " have a cause by the way... :roll:
And yes, all the emoragequit will suddenly start to " appear " in game trying to be as quiet as possible about the whole affair... business as usual.
Erotic Evil: Sexy and Dirty, Dirty Rich.

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #8 on: 02 Jul 2011, 12:12 »

Why wouldn't they reappear? CCP addressed the concerns.

Revan Neferis

• Sani Sabik
  • Wetgraver
  • God's Banker
« Reply #9 on: 02 Jul 2011, 12:18 »

Why wouldn't they reappear? CCP addressed the concerns.

CCP just repeated what the reality is, Nex is here to stay, vanity items only.
Rest was a few tantrums throwed over " future hypotesis " . There was never any official reason, not a single non vanity item, nothing of the real conection to justify the minority forums hyss.
CCP as a company did, and will continue to do whats best for their current development, the blog is very clear about it.
CSM got a trip to Iceland, a few drinks, repeated the words in another context. And everybody goes " ohh yes, now we know. "
That's all about really. It was nothing new.
« Last Edit: 02 Jul 2011, 12:20 by Revan Neferis »

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #10 on: 02 Jul 2011, 12:23 »

I submit you have misinterpreted the situation by leaps and bounds.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #11 on: 02 Jul 2011, 12:26 »

I think that particular honor goes to those that had a massive ragefit over that internal brainstorming session, then took that as some sort of writ in stone prophecy.

Revan Neferis

• Sani Sabik
  • Wetgraver
  • God's Banker
« Reply #12 on: 02 Jul 2011, 12:27 »

NeX is still too expensive. Fine, charge a lot of a monocle so it doesn't flood everyone's avatars, but a skirt shouldn't be so damned expensive.

When Establishments come out, how many of us will be wearing those Minmatar vest jackets? We need cheap stuff for the sake of variety when we all go drinking together, or whatever.

I believe they will keep a good balance between exclusive items ( i wouldnt call it overpriced, if they are exclusive they will be above average naturally ) and more accessible items. It's like this in any major MT games around so I suspect the model wont change much. Maybe they will go for limited time exclusive items too, ive seen around some games and they are usually good top sellers while they are offered. ( specially for collectors )

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #13 on: 02 Jul 2011, 12:32 »

I think that particular honor goes to those that had a massive ragefit over that internal brainstorming session, then took that as some sort of writ in stone prophecy.

The CSM, who looked Arnar and the rest in the eye, does not share your optimistic appraisal of the situation.

Revan Neferis

• Sani Sabik
  • Wetgraver
  • God's Banker
« Reply #14 on: 02 Jul 2011, 12:35 »

The CSM, who looked Arnar and the rest in the eye, does not share your optimistic appraisal of the situation.

Considering the last released blog that is the very core of this thread, yes they do. And it's not optimistic, It's realistic. Very different interpretations.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8