Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That capsuleers frequently communicate by means of dataprojectors? (The Burning Life, p 30)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Dressing our dolls: what clothing would we like?  (Read 9683 times)

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
Re: Dressing our dolls: what clothing would we like?
« Reply #45 on: 23 Jun 2011, 13:23 »

I must say I am sorely disappointed with the fashion available currently. It's downright hideous. Bleh!

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #46 on: 23 Jun 2011, 13:35 »

I must say I am sorely disappointed with the fashion available currently. It's downright hideous. Bleh!

A large percentage of it is very Caldari (conservative, militaristic), but may be inappropriate for other nationalities. Hopefully that'll all get fleshed out over time.

As an aside, I keep eyeing that skirt. There's no rule that you have to wear it with the military jacket, and black is oh so very much Aria's color....

(I think the monocle is going to be the domain of the "hi there, I run a major alliance" set, if anyone. Istvaan is probably the only regular here who can contemplate its price tag without grimacing.)

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #47 on: 23 Jun 2011, 13:39 »

Actually, I'm not even sure any of it is Caldari, Aria. It's all faction-neutral (CCP going for this universal vibe with their IP), with the military shirts/blouses being "modelled off of the Class B blouses currently used by many modern navies" (hm, so everyone uses the same uniform now?). Even the Field Marshal jacket is designed by "Vallou", which sounds Gallentean to me even if it looks more Caldari, while the other designers are Sennda of Emrayur and a House of Ranoi.

Still, all pretty dull atm. Split things down into the four factions and bloodlines. And this IMO is far better than anything on NEX and it's free. At least it has character.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #48 on: 23 Jun 2011, 13:46 »

Actually, I'm not even sure any of it is Caldari, Aria. It's all faction-neutral (CCP going for this universal vibe with their IP), with the military shirts/blouses being "modelled off of the Class B blouses currently used by many modern navies" (hm, so everyone uses the same uniform now?).

In terms of what it's supposed to be, I'm sure you're right.

In terms of which race looks most PF-appropriate when dressed in it, however....

Let's just say that when it comes to finding clothes for Aria, I have no complaints.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #49 on: 23 Jun 2011, 13:48 »

Actually, at least one of the designers is Amarrian: Sennda of Emrayur. Of the other two, Vallou sounds Gallentean, and "House of Ranai" I'm not sure on.

As for what each sells...

Sennda of Emrayur:
- Men's 'Commando' Pants (all colors)
- Men's 'Sterling' Dress Shirt' (all colors)
- Men's 'Trench' Boots
- Women's 'Mystrioso' Boots
- Women's 'Sterling' Dress Blouse (all colors)

House of Ranai:
- Men's 'Lockstep' Boots
- Men's 'Esquire' Coat
- Women's 'Executor' Coat
- Women's 'Greave' Knee-Boots
- Women's 'Impress' Skirt (all colors)

Vallou:
- Men's 'Field Marshal' Coat
- Men's 'Precision' Boots
- Women's 'Excursion' Pants (all colors)
- Women's 'Minima' Heels
- Women's 'Structure' Skirt (all colors)
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Chowda

• Egger
« Reply #50 on: 28 Jun 2011, 16:26 »

I'd like to see every single design they come up with tinted and/or colored in 20-30 different styles (especially tops) and offered at 1/10th the current prices.  It would be the path of least resistance in getting everyone the chance to be unique.  From there, they can offer truly premium clothing.  Examples of each I would like to see:

Non-Premium:  Berets, business suits, lab coats, militia uniforms, ragged clothes, mechanic jumpers.

Premium:  Empress gown, npc corporation uniforms, pirate hipster tee shirts, chains, pouch with minidog, military dress uniforms (not the working uniforms offered now, more like the cloak on SiSi) 

And truth be told, I may pick up some Aurum when that executor dress comes out.  That thing is sharp!

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #51 on: 29 Jun 2011, 14:19 »

I want for all current clothing and hairstyle options to be available on all races.

That is all.

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #52 on: 29 Jun 2011, 15:37 »

I want for all current clothing and hairstyle options to be available on all races.

That is all.

I've thought about this quite a bit.

I'd like to have a basic menu of options and an extended menu which you have to click on a second button at the end of the selector to get to.

The basic menu would have whatever's considered the default set plus the culture-specific items for your original ethnicity.

The extended range would include the full set of items, including all the things you might pick up in your travels around the cluster. Ideally, the items would include some indication of their origins and significances.

An Ammatar should be able to adopt Ammarian styles, and a Gallente-gone-native-Matari should be able to adopt Matari styles (and possibly offend people in precisely the way described in a certain .sig here).

(Given that most Matari don't live in the Republic, it would also be nice to be able to pick a background that reflects a Gallente, Amarrian or Ammatar background, but I suspect that's more effort for CCP and confusion for new players than it's worth.)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]