Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That docked cruisers are held in place with massive clamps on strategic support sections of the ship, and are disengaged with incendiary explosives? (The Burning Life p. 75)

Author Topic: Hello, everyone!  (Read 698 times)

Rao Kappa

• Clonejack
Hello, everyone!
« on: 27 Jun 2011, 23:52 »

Evening, everyone!

I'm old to EvE (played a few years ago) but decided to fire up a trial and see how the game has evolved, and if the RP is interesting and fun.

In the past, I've saved my RP tendencies for other games, but with the rollout of Incarna, and the future development of the game, I thought I'd see what EvE was up to.

So, I'm flying by the seat of my pants, RP'ing my character on the fly, and seeing where I end up Corp wise.

If anyone has any advice regarding the good and bad aspects of RP in this game, feel free to drop them below. I know there's got to be something that bothers folks, as well as something they love about the dynamic of this game, when it comes to pretendy-fun time.

Hoping to meet you all in the spaceways, start some trouble, have some fun, and blow stuff up.

Rao

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
Re: Hello, everyone!
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jun 2011, 00:18 »

Hi there!
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Sinjin Mokk

• Egger
  • One Kingdom, One King!
    • Dark Amarr
« Reply #2 on: 28 Jun 2011, 05:11 »

Welcome!

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #3 on: 28 Jun 2011, 07:56 »

And welcome from me!
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #4 on: 28 Jun 2011, 10:47 »

Ohai there!
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #5 on: 29 Jun 2011, 01:44 »

Welcome (back)
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov