Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Ishukone corporation is one of the major players in the 'liberal' faction and was the first non-Jovian organization to receive capsule technology from the Jovians?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Forty six pages and counting after CCP responds ...  (Read 7480 times)

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
Re: Forty six pages and counting after CCP responds ...
« Reply #45 on: 24 Jun 2011, 19:08 »

And how many people left EVE then? (Serious question, as I wasn't playing at the time.)

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #46 on: 24 Jun 2011, 19:37 »

...I don't like the tidal wave of anti-CCP sentiment that seems to be all the rage  ;)

Nor would I, if it was just about competence, etc.

I've been defending these guys for years, arguing for the awesomeness of the long-term plan. Now, I'm deeply unsure that the long-term plan is anything I want to be involved in, and CCP, despite a history of unambiguously assuaging this fear, is not willing to do so now.

That's not good.

It looks to me like it's time to stand up for what we want, or sit down and take our medicine like good little consumers.

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #47 on: 24 Jun 2011, 19:38 »

Honestly, I paid very little attention to the whole matter but if you take a look on chatsubo you'll find a few megathreads on the subject. Im sure plenty of people quit and came back on Alts.

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette
« Reply #48 on: 24 Jun 2011, 19:55 »

While the actual gameplay of EVE isn't changing with the NeX thing TOO much (PLEX prices are being fucked about tho) The reason I unsubbed the account is purely and simply because of missmanagement and alienation.

I dont want to PAY CCP to continue to alienate me and disregard the concerns I have, counter-intuitive.
I WANT CCP to fix things, re-connect to the playerbase and iterate on EVE to make it awesome and fun again, 'till then I'm not interested.

As a note - this started with the missmanagement of the Alliance Tourny Broadcasts, followed by Incarna CQ, then the NeX, then the FEARLESS ( :S ) report.

Doesn't look like changing any time soon, nice playing with you all - hopefully EVE will be fixed sometime in the future so I can enjoy it again.
Till then, I'll just lurk around here.

Innocence prooves nothing - Solen Sean

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #49 on: 24 Jun 2011, 20:13 »

The devblog is the most catastrophic failure at damage control and community reconciliation I have ever fucking seen. It's a goddamn travesty is what it is.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #50 on: 24 Jun 2011, 20:24 »

Man, why the fuck does this have to happen now?

I've been so excited for CCP and it's projects. I've raved and spread the word on Incarna and the metric-fuckton of awesome that could be DUST.
I've pulled RL friends and online ones as well back to the game after they became disillusioned with other stuff that they played.
I started up my old Alliance (AM) again, putting some effort in the long term for EVE.

All desire to play or build things in EVE is now completely drained.  :bash:

It took a lot of rebuilding of trust for me to deal with CCP. I've seen first-hand how they operate in the past, as some of you know. I've seen them lie and cheat. After years of what I considered change, I trusted them again.

I don't trust them right now.

FUCK.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #51 on: 24 Jun 2011, 20:33 »

I'm right there with you, Graelyn. I LOVE Incarna! I love being able to see Aria, watch her walk and sit and fidget.

But since that goddamn CCP Zulu dev blog ... and now it seems everyone at CCP has gone home for the weekend, according to GM Horse (talking to the protesters).

I'll probably check back in a few days and see how things are going, but as it is ... my will to continue with this is just plain sapped. Hopefully I'll come back to find confetti in the air. Otherwise....

Happy trails, everyone.

:cry:

Casiella

• Demigod

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette

Citizen 31

« Reply #54 on: 24 Jun 2011, 21:03 »

V: I told you, only truth. For 20 years, I sought only this day. Nothing else existed... until I saw you. Then everything changed. I fell in love with you Evey. And to think I no longer believed I could.
Evey Hammond: But I don't want you to die.
V: That's the most beautiful thing you could have ever given me.

Vikarion

« Reply #55 on: 24 Jun 2011, 21:18 »

I'm right there with you, Graelyn. I LOVE Incarna! I love being able to see Aria, watch her walk and sit and fidget.

But since that goddamn CCP Zulu dev blog ... and now it seems everyone at CCP has gone home for the weekend, according to GM Horse (talking to the protesters).

I'll probably check back in a few days and see how things are going, but as it is ... my will to continue with this is just plain sapped. Hopefully I'll come back to find confetti in the air. Otherwise....

Happy trails, everyone.

For what it's worth, I'll miss you and your RP.

Man, I miss Eve already.  :cry:

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
« Reply #56 on: 24 Jun 2011, 21:21 »

Happy trails, everyone.

Know how you feel. I was on the cusp of finishing a video project I've been working on off/on for three months. Now I'm not sure I want to finish it. I want to scream into a pillowcase.

Was nice knowing you. :(

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #57 on: 24 Jun 2011, 21:22 »

I miss the *old* EVE. But that EVE is dead and gone.

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #58 on: 24 Jun 2011, 21:41 »

...I don't like the tidal wave of anti-CCP sentiment that seems to be all the rage  ;)

Nor would I, if it was just about competence, etc.

I've been defending these guys for years, arguing for the awesomeness of the long-term plan. Now, I'm deeply unsure that the long-term plan is anything I want to be involved in, and CCP, despite a history of unambiguously assuaging this fear, is not willing to do so now.

That's not good.

It looks to me like it's time to stand up for what we want, or sit down and take our medicine like good little consumers.

I had this discussion earlier with a friend who was also pondering leaving EVE because they perceived the future outlook of the game to be...less than exceptional than what was once perceived, and CCP's willingness to leap into the MT business appeared to be a desperation attempt in building revenue. In some part, I agree, in that not only do they have a team working on EVE, but they have people working on DUST and Incarna, and two of these projects have barely scraped the surface of their true potential. There's a lot of risk in these projects, and I can understand from a business standpoint why this would look desirable. If the shit hit the fan and incarna/DUST falls flat on its face, at least they have EVE to fall back on.

But really, for me, this is all just intellectual analysis and conjecture. What matters to me is the quality of game play that I experience in the present. Minus the resource hogging of docking at stations, nothing much has changed how I play the game at present. If they change my experience to where I find it unpleasant I'll just go back to WoW or elsewhere. I wish I had the bright-eyed devotion and idealistic worship that you guys have to the idea of EVE. (but not really)

Wanoah

• Omelette
  • Sweating spinal fluid
    • Hello!
« Reply #59 on: 25 Jun 2011, 06:46 »

Honestly, I paid very little attention to the whole matter but if you take a look on chatsubo you'll find a few megathreads on the subject. Im sure plenty of people quit and came back on Alts.

I think there's a difference between then and now, though. The T20 fiasco was bad, but there was still a high level of goodwill towards CCP when that broke. That incident damaged that goodwill and changed the relationship between the playerbase and the developers to a fair extent. Since then, there has been a growing dissatisfaction with a number of design decisions and the perceived lack of effort and focus on Eve that has eroded that goodwill further. Even allowing for my confirmation bias. :) A T20-level PR disaster now is far more damaging, IMO. I have seen precious little support for CCP in this.
Nothing worth saying is inoffensive to everyone

Blog | Fiction
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6