Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Khanid and Sansha ships were originally half lasers half missiles split ships?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Sending a message about Incarna and the future of EVE  (Read 12366 times)

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
Re: Sending a message about Incarna and the future of EVE
« Reply #75 on: 24 Jun 2011, 14:23 »

Apparently Liang Nuren got a ban for 'Discussion of Moderation' as well.

Anyone got any more information on this? Smells of censorship on CCP's part to me.

No, "discussion of moderation" is a legit reason for banning someone and has been since 2003. If you want to question CCP's moderation policies, go read the forums of another MMO like WoW. They are a lot stricter.

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #76 on: 24 Jun 2011, 14:53 »

No, "discussion of moderation" is a legit reason for banning someone and has been since 2003. If you want to question CCP's moderation policies, go read the forums of another MMO like WoW. They are a lot stricter.

yes, but the usual response it just to mod the post or lock the thread. This seems unusual.

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
« Reply #77 on: 24 Jun 2011, 15:27 »

yes, but the usual response it just to mod the post or lock the thread. This seems unusual.

Welcome to all MMO forums run by AAA game companies.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #78 on: 24 Jun 2011, 15:35 »

Allegedly the "discussion of moderation" took the form of a comment along lines of "free helicity" and a picture: http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1106/FREE_HELICITY_BOSON%5B1%5D.jpg

\o/

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #79 on: 24 Jun 2011, 15:39 »

Confirming that's from Liang. He tweeted it earlier.

Bacchanalian

• Omelette
« Reply #80 on: 24 Jun 2011, 18:41 »

My post from FHC sums up my position.  That devblog a bit ago just really shook my confidence in CCP.

Quote from: Me
I don't give a shit about vanity items. Let them charge $23423 per item and I'll laugh that much harder when I pop one.

That said, CCP are deliberately avoiding the issue of MT items that impact EVE where it matters--in space. I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, but that devblog just put a serious dent in my confidence. I currently have 5 accounts. I'm going to think about it, but will probably start letting them lapse and pare myself down to 1-2 fairly soon unless they clarify their position on MT for items that matter as "we'll never do it". If they clarify their position and it's anything other than that, I'll pare myself down to Starcraft 2.

GoGo Yubari

• Omelette
« Reply #81 on: 24 Jun 2011, 19:36 »

Their reply really sealed the deal. I'm done and I urge pretty much everyone to follow. You can bet your ass I'm telling my friends to never try this piece of shit. We had good times, but they're past us now.

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette
« Reply #82 on: 24 Jun 2011, 19:59 »

Their reply really sealed the deal. I'm done and I urge pretty much everyone to follow. You can bet your ass I'm telling my friends to never try this piece of shit. We had good times, but they're past us now.

Interesting to note that I have been a defender of EVE and CCP for a long time, promoting EVE to all my friends and even got one to stay full-time with 3 account now, that being said I currently cannot recomend EVE to anyone, especially considering the internal CCP employee reviews that I read.
(http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/CCP-Games-Reviews-E159347.htm)

Innocence prooves nothing - Solen Sean

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #83 on: 24 Jun 2011, 22:25 »

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #84 on: 24 Jun 2011, 22:31 »

Funny. SWG's trend curve doesn't look the least bit like that. ;)

DA5UN

• Wetgraver
  • Even drones can fly away
« Reply #85 on: 24 Jun 2011, 22:57 »

Funny. SWG's trend curve doesn't look the least bit like that. ;)

This.

Sinjin Mokk

• Egger
  • One Kingdom, One King!
    • Dark Amarr
« Reply #86 on: 25 Jun 2011, 02:03 »

My $.02:

I've seen this before in City of Heroes. I went from closed beta to open beta to about 5 years of gameplay before Cryptic went all pear-shaped. I had a lot of fun with it, but in the end, it was all about trying to get as many new subscibers as possible while forgetting the needs and wishes of the long-term players.

I've only been playing EVE for a couple of years, and I've been having a lot of fun with it. Days like yesterday, I can barely get some of the game mechanic stuff done because of all the good RP that's going on. And for all I've done over 2 years, there's a LOT I haven't done in EVE. So for me, the game still has a lot of appeal.

While a lot of this really hasn't been effecting me directly, it's effecting me indirectly because it's effecting a lot of you folks. And having been in the same position with Cryptic, I understand the frustration. And seriously, CCP was pretty unprofessional yesterday in responding to the concerns of it's subscribers. "Going home for the weekend" just makes matters worse.

I'm paid up for the next few months, so I'll be around at least that long. Probably a fair bit longer because there is still a lot I want to do with this game...assuming CCP dosen't implode. So if I say "Can I has yer stuff," it's with love.  :D

I really hope CCP learns from the mistakes of other games and MMOs and just other businesses in general. The long-term subscribers/customers are the bread n butter. You might squeeze out some extra life by catering to the short-term gamer, but if people don't have a reason to stay, they won't. I also don't see Dust or WoD getting too far off the ground if they let EVE fall by the wayside. And WoD is going to be a huge money-maker if they do it right.

I still have a smidgin of faith in CCP and EVE...so I'm not closing up shop just yet. It's still a fun game. When it stops being fun, that's when I'll be moving on. That's when anyone should move on.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #87 on: 25 Jun 2011, 02:06 »

I have yet to see any cause justifying this kind of ridiculous outrage. I'm still recommending Eve to any and all of my friends, and from where I'm standing, I've yet to see any MMO dev surpass CCP in both player outreach and game-quality.

A lot of bitching and crying, but there never seems to be anything substantive to support it, is there?

Vikarion

« Reply #88 on: 25 Jun 2011, 02:27 »

I have yet to see any cause justifying this kind of ridiculous outrage. I'm still recommending Eve to any and all of my friends, and from where I'm standing, I've yet to see any MMO dev surpass CCP in both player outreach and game-quality.

A lot of bitching and crying, but there never seems to be anything substantive to support it, is there?

I think my reasons are pretty definite: CCP said one thing, and then started implementing another. Again. This is where I draw the line.

And, as time goes on, it's becoming clear that CCP isn't interested in being honest, or in what their players want. CCP is interested in what CCP has decided we should have, whether we want it or not.

I don't hate Incarna. I wasn't please with losing un-probable missioning, but I can live with that. I liked CQ, even though I think it needed another 2 months development time.

But melting hardware? That's nigh-unforgivable, when people are afraid your software will physically damage their computer. The Aurum store prices are ridiculous and insulting. The $99.00 license fee debacle was insane, just insane. But all of that pales compared to the leaked information.

It's obvious from fearless and other sources that pay-to-win content is where CCP wants to go. And that is disgusting. It's worse that they promised us that would never happen. If they had meant to keep their word, they wouldn't be discussing it now.

I put up with CCP's incompetence (boot.ini, POS's, super-caps, FW, etc) because I thought they were trying. In other words, I thought they were well-intentioned, that they had a vision for the game that included improving the quality of the game. Instead, I find that it's about flash and glitz and taking me for all I'm worth.

That, to me, is a damn good reason to be upset.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #89 on: 26 Jun 2011, 12:49 »

So, new dev blog, now with 100% more apology.

My thoughts: About 2 days to late, but without a doubt a good move.

Discuss?
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7