Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The language of the Amarr empire is spoken by more people than any other language? Read more in this Chronicle.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Avoiding a Mary Sue? [Caldari]  (Read 5793 times)

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
Re: Avoiding a Mary Sue? [Caldari]
« Reply #30 on: 20 Jun 2011, 23:00 »

Quote from: Louella Dougans
I think Hyasyoda - aligned Caldari may be fairly uncommon at the moment, which is why people are excited

Just wait until someone from Wiyrkomi pops up.  Missiles will be fired.
A Wiyrkomi character, especially a well thought out one, could be very, very interesting.  They could be patriot, anti-new meritocracy very easily.  "I like the family choosing who leads us, it keeps things simple."

Chowda

• Egger
« Reply #31 on: 21 Jun 2011, 11:12 »

A Wiyrkomi character, especially a well thought out one, could be very, very interesting.  They could be patriot, anti-new meritocracy very easily.  "I like the family choosing who leads us, it keeps things simple."
They could also very easily be part of a movement inside the corp that loves the new direction of The State is taking, one that is seizing control over the boardroom.  The Black Rise expansion looks on the surface to have revitalized their impact on the economy.

Chowda

• Egger
« Reply #32 on: 21 Jun 2011, 11:21 »

I think Hyasyoda - aligned Caldari may be fairly uncommon at the moment, which is why people are excited
They are part of the Liberal Bloc so to speak, but I've always contended that is because they are so exposed in foreign markets, they have to bend over backwards not to upset the other three empires.  So even if they despised the Gallente, Minmater, or even Amarr in private, it would be economic ruin for them if they were to face sanctions for engaging in economic warfare (like the Practicals), much less support military actions (like the Patriots).

So I think there is much more leeway for a Hyasoda character's ideology than one from Ishukone.  You would assume the Hyasoda board would be strongly anti-Heth due to their description as being an old and conservative corp, but you never know what happens behind the scenes, far from the public eye.

Even so, as the character this thread pertains to already stated, she has shed those shackles when she became a pod pilot so there's a clean slate to be filled, one without a lot of the preconceptions we are used to with Caldari RP. 
Pages: 1 2 [3]