Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That docked cruisers are held in place with massive clamps on strategic support sections of the ship, and are disengaged with incendiary explosives? (The Burning Life p. 75)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: [Character] Raze Valadeus  (Read 6750 times)

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
Re: [Character] Raze Valadeus
« Reply #15 on: 16 Aug 2011, 05:08 »

Dark Raze makes Ava wonder what little half Amarr/half Minny kids with loads of piercings would look like.

Just, you know, from curiosity.

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette
« Reply #16 on: 16 Aug 2011, 10:38 »

Don't fall for the temptress, Raze!!  :lol:
Section 3) Shitposting. "The cluster would be a much better place if all Amarrians were set on fire"

Raze Valadeus

« Reply #17 on: 16 Aug 2011, 10:43 »

He should meet the Inquisition.

Ooops, did I type that outloud?

:D

He did. Recently. They weren't happy.

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette
« Reply #18 on: 17 Aug 2011, 07:17 »

He should meet the Inquisition.

Ooops, did I type that outloud?

:D

He did. Recently. They weren't happy.

So I heard.  Anything interesting happen with it?
Section 3) Shitposting. "The cluster would be a much better place if all Amarrians were set on fire"

Raze Valadeus

« Reply #19 on: 17 Aug 2011, 08:26 »

The RP has been enjoyable, if a bit tense.

Otherwise, they've not reached a conclusion yet (that I've been made aware of), so it's still pending. :P

Raze Valadeus

« Reply #20 on: 21 Aug 2011, 04:45 »

Declared deceased YC 113 8.22

Lyn Farel

« Reply #21 on: 21 Aug 2011, 05:13 »

Do you have an IC explanation, at least ? T_T

I can't accept that without an IC explanation. xD

Desiderya

« Reply #22 on: 21 Aug 2011, 07:15 »

Declared WHAT?
Looks like I've missed a bit. :/

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #23 on: 21 Aug 2011, 07:21 »

I, too, would like to know WTF is going on :(
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette
« Reply #24 on: 21 Aug 2011, 09:20 »

Holy cow, Raze biomassed?!?!

Ryven Krennel

• Wetgraver
« Reply #25 on: 21 Aug 2011, 10:45 »

I would also like to know.

Raze Valadeus

« Reply #26 on: 21 Aug 2011, 12:07 »

IC: Raze and Victoria were killed outside of pod while traveling on a shuttle to an unknown destination.

OOC: I did not anticipate quite the fallout caused by my decision to stop playing Raze and for that I sincerely apologize. Suffice it to say, there's a number of outlying circumstances that made continuing to play Raze more a chore and less of a fun experience. Raze was the first character I ever made in EVE and I made a lot of RP mistakes with him that backed me into something of a corner.

My wife (Victoria) joined Faction Warfare at my behest and found that she was not enjoying herself at all, in fact she spent most of her time avoiding flying because of it. This was an extremely frustrating experience for her and I did not wish to continue to make things frustrating for her by pursuing Faction Warfare further.

As for myself, RPing Raze was an enjoyable experience when I started him. I wanted to make a believably good-hearted man in an otherwise bleak setting and I did a lot of studying of the theology and culture of the Amarr Empire before I began playing him. I was hoping to challenge the conservative "status quo" in a believable and radical way. What ended up happening, however, is that I apparently challenged things too much. I began getting an earful OOC from people who felt I was betraying Prime Fiction. I heard a consistent stream of "Raze should be a heretic," "Raze shouldn't be fighting for the Empire," "Raze's beliefs would put him in disfavor with the Empire," etcetera.

I've been told a number of times "just ignore those people," but the honest truth is that I don't enjoy dealing with it and I shouldn't have to deal with it. This is a game, it's meant to be enjoyed. If I'm feeling like it's a chore to log in each day, something's wrong and I'd frankly lost the will to try and fix it.

I have probably upset a few people with my sudden decision to stop playing my character and if that's the case, I truly am very sorry. I enjoy most of the people I've interacted with on this game and I hope that maybe my transgression for lack of foresight or mishandling my frustration can be forgiven. Thank you to the ones that helped make Raze the awesome character that he was for the time that he was.

I will still be playing EVE and if any of you have an interest in meeting my new character, just let me know. He's hopefully going to be enjoyable to interact with but should allow me to steer clear of the people whose lives I was making miserable with Raze. (Most of you will probably figure it out pretty effortlessly, I'm terrible at hiding things).

Once again, sorry if I have let anyone down or upset you - that wasn't at all my intention.

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #27 on: 21 Aug 2011, 12:19 »

I hope you at least have an interest in continuing to play. Clearly the death of this character has made an impact on fellow players, who definitely will miss your presence.

Degen Sankriga

• Nyan...
  • Clonejack
« Reply #28 on: 21 Aug 2011, 12:49 »

I was suprised to see this happen. Raze and Victoria were awesome Amarrians, a shame to see them go really; but if it no longer remained fun and became a chore, then it's completely understandable.

I wish you the best with the new character and hope that you have much fun with it.
You and VickyVee are "Teh Awesomes".

* Degen Sankriga Toasterhugs *
Embrace the Nyan!

Norrin Ellis

« Reply #29 on: 21 Aug 2011, 12:53 »

I will always be amazed at the propensity of EVE RPers to cannibalize members of their own faction for "doing it wrong."  People seem to want to claim a monopoly on what it means to be [insert race].  No terrestrial culture is entirely homogeneous, so the idea that spacefaring cultures spread across numerous worlds should be so strikes me as absurd.

I trust the next character will be more fun, and I wish you all the best in EVE.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4