Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that the ISHAEKA Reports warned about the Sansha Nation Incursions possiblily occuring.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hoping to check out RP  (Read 3032 times)

Kemekk

• Amarrian Ultranationalist
  • Wetgraver
  • Dei ta Reshios
Re: Hoping to check out RP
« Reply #15 on: 20 Jun 2011, 12:43 »

Thanks, hopefully this gives me some well needed info.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #16 on: 20 Jun 2011, 17:09 »

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #17 on: 21 Jun 2011, 05:12 »

Welcome to Kemekk.

I too enjoy the lore of EVE, that is why I try to collect it. Though, my spare time is not what it used to be... :|
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #18 on: 21 Jun 2011, 12:11 »

Convo me anytime for some Amarr-learnin'.

Welcome to EVE. Can be Combative...

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Kemekk

• Wetgraver
  • Dei ta Reshios
« Reply #19 on: 21 Jun 2011, 13:01 »

Convo me anytime for some Amarr-learnin'.

Welcome to EVE. Can be Combative...

Will do!

Kemekk

• Wetgraver
  • Dei ta Reshios
« Reply #20 on: 22 Jun 2011, 12:11 »

I have some questions about RP:

1. Where is RP normally conducted? By this I mean in local chat, private chat, a public chat channel, etc., or is it mostly on the forums?

2. How is skill training handled ICly?

3. Are there some public "tavern" RP channels? It's not the ideal type of RP I'm looking for but it is a start.

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #21 on: 22 Jun 2011, 12:32 »

1. Where is RP normally conducted? By this I mean in local chat, private chat, a public chat channel, etc., or is it mostly on the forums?

3. Are there some public "tavern" RP channels? It's not the ideal type of RP I'm looking for but it is a start.

All of the above as well as corp chat, blogs, and of course, in space.  Some channels are treated for what they really are: text comms; while others are taken to be virtual environments or even physical places that can be visited or 'remoted' to as a holographic projection.

Various approaches.  In general, I see it as slow reprogramming of the brain according to some advanced neuropsychology and education sciences handwavium.  Doesn't come up a lot.

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #22 on: 22 Jun 2011, 12:36 »

List of both IC and OOC channels. There's a channel named 'OOC' where you can find a lot of us and ask questions.

http://backstage.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?topic=120.0

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #23 on: 23 Jun 2011, 02:37 »

Welcome...

Beware of the evil ones >.>

STOP. WARNING. EVERYONE.

So much harder to ambush and murder them with fair warning damn it >:(

As for your quest to find RP... well... I think you came to the right place... *looks around* yeah, definitly.

You should find what your looking for in here, so look around, get involved and ask :)

Victoria Valadeus

« Reply #24 on: 23 Jun 2011, 07:58 »

Various approaches.  In general, I see it as slow reprogramming of the brain according to some advanced neuropsychology and education sciences handwavium.  Doesn't come up a lot.[/quote]

I prefer to see it as an especially slow version of the Matrix One's training uploads. Stick the "skillbook" into your learning jack, which in this case looks like a futuristic SD card, and you're "learning" the skill.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #25 on: 23 Jun 2011, 12:46 »

Thanks for the welcome!

I have a question: do EVE RPers generally find The Empyrean Age and The Burning Life novels to be good reads? I'm thinking of buying one or both.

I recommend TBL if you have an interest in the shady shenanigans of pirate organizations.

I do not generally recommend TEA unless you really want to dig around for 'official' bits and pieces like what kind of clothing Royal Amarr wear.

I have some questions about RP:

RP is conducted essentially everywhere, the degree to which it is done depends on the group or persons you are looking at. TS-F and most other RP corps I know of, for instance, have all official CCP channels 'in character' and host both in character and out of character public channels. Then there are bar channels, etc...

Skill training is vaguely defined but generally understood as the following: Neurological mapping from a skill package conditions the brain with the knowledge of the package. The brain has knowledge basically downloaded into it at variable rates - how fast it can be done depends on how suitable the brain's characteristics are to the knowledge. Someone with high charisma has an easier time learning social shenanigans than an someone without it. How the process goes exactly seems to vary slightly between RPers.

Some would say an excessive amount of them. There's a list of channels in this thread somewhere already, I think.
« Last Edit: 23 Jun 2011, 12:50 by Ghost Hunter »
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Kemekk

• Wetgraver
  • Dei ta Reshios
« Reply #26 on: 23 Jun 2011, 20:54 »

Does anyone know if there are any active Amarr-centric channels besides PIE Public? All the other ones seem to be dead.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #27 on: 23 Jun 2011, 22:25 »

If you are looking for IC channels, I suggest "Mercy's Keep: Public Hall" (also functions as KOTMC's 'IC public' channel, but is open to everyone - not just a recruiting channel), "The Clergy's Terrace", or "Amarr Legio Basilica"
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.
Pages: 1 [2]