Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

the Fleet Coordination Commission or FCORD was created in direct response to Nation Incursions. It main purpose is to alert of Incursions and help marshal fleets to repel them.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Star Fraction in Placid: Now what?  (Read 14807 times)

Kaleigh Doyle

Re: Star Fraction in Placid: Now what?
« Reply #30 on: 17 Jun 2011, 21:01 »

It's a big forum guys. I'm pretty sure there isn't a limit on new forum topics. >.>

Jade Constantine

• Anarchist Adventurer
  • Omelette
  • Nothing ever burns down by itself
    • The Star Fraction Communications Portal

My original question is if we were seriously going to spend more time on this. And up there ^ people are still discussing it.
I can figure out the wall o' text, yeah, but that's hardly the point.

Well I think the problem is in the royal "we" Seen Typhos. If you want to spend time discussing this you certainly can. If other people want to then they can. If you are not interested then nobody forces you even to open the thread! I think it would be sensible for people to be a little more accomodating and permissive of threads and subjects they are not personally-interested in.

That said, since this thread is about post-moira-conflict SF involvement in Placid maybe it is something you could usefully involve yourself in after all? I have noticed your organization flying around Intaki - perhaps you'd like to give your impressions of future possibilities and help us understand your roleplay angle a little more?

There are some arenas so corrupt that the only clean acts possible are nihilistic

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #32 on: 18 Jun 2011, 13:05 »

Anyway, to the future! - Rouge Drones, contact me please lets see if we have any common enemies. I would be more than happy to pitch a campaign to the free captains to assist some persicuted AI's. Fits great with our RP, I  -think- it would be or could atleast lead to some orginal content and tales to create. A lot of potential there. I'm keen.

The enemies would be I-RED/ILF. Since they try to capture people (and other stuff) from Intaki V.

ChipMo

• Clonejack
« Reply #33 on: 18 Jun 2011, 13:35 »

The enemies would be I-RED/ILF. Since they try to capture people (and other stuff) from Intaki V.

Damn, that might make it a harder sell to the free captains. But it does reinforce my character's sympathies! Does anyone know what is done with the people who are 'captured'? Perhaps its not so sinister as the Sansha kidnappings - I hope it is anyway, else it'd be a bit of a spanner in the works

Cheiftan

• Clonejack
« Reply #34 on: 18 Jun 2011, 15:23 »

I sent a mail to Jade earlier, could be intresting to see how that unfolds, on the subject of rouge drones ide rather not go back to the days of huge IGS mud fights and slander hehe

Bacchanalian

• Omelette
« Reply #35 on: 18 Jun 2011, 16:48 »

Just doing a drive-by, I skimmed the OP.  Re; the tower--we had originally CTAed an alarm clock op to take the towers down, but with the extended downtime we kinda got shit on.  A collective decision was made (or rather, I put my foot down) that fielding 60+ billion in capitals after a CCP patch/extended DT was the dumbest idea since Hitler invaded Russia and we opted to let it be.  As it was during our first hit on your towers, a QUAM cynorapier landed on grid with us but was nuked before they managed to get the cyno up, so we were a little skittish.  The idea that we might get counterdropped during a time when the server was likely going to be incredibly unstable just didn't appeal.

Quote from: Verone
They only loss we suffered in the entire time we were faced off against SF was a single Falcon, the pilot of which was ridiculed and poked fun at for accidentally hitting his cyno generator in front of the POS and painting himself with a massive bullseye for SF POS gunners.

I swear that cyno shaved years off of my life.  It went up 10km from me.  Teamspeak went dead silent for about 10 seconds before anyone said anything, like we were all collectively holding our breath waiting to see what horrible blob of death and NC destruction was about to be dropped on our heads, but we all slowly started to realize there were no neutrals on grid anywhere.

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type

That said, since this thread is about post-moira-conflict SF involvement in Placid maybe it is something you could usefully involve yourself in after all? I have noticed your organization flying around Intaki - perhaps you'd like to give your impressions of future possibilities and help us understand your roleplay angle a little more?

Well now see, that's a a predicament. I believe ANSH already made their statement clear on the IGS about, three months ago. Economic stability is the name of the game. Besides the folks whose characters just complained about it, we got some actual interesting conversation from the ILF, so, that was fun. Of course the "economic hub" idea also got picked up by AISA, exactly one month later, with "Intaki" replaced by "Agoze." Which, if anything, was encouraging, sort of proved we had a good idea.

Then the RDS showed up, ILF stepped up their presence, IRED abandoned their towers, and now SF is making the scene. Basically my point is, possibility in Intaki-based roleplay is pretty sticky. Everyone and their mamma wants a piece of it these days. It makes it interesting, because there's more groups involved. But the interactions between these groups usually just end with people arguing over which group has more invisible control points over the system.

It'd be nice to see some real interaction between factions. Usually the most action I've seen is milita groups in 2v2 or 2v3 engagements that they brag about for months after. A negotiations meeting, some businesslike discussion, these things would be nice, and I'm still hoping someone will actually work towards the RP sphere instead of just trying to "win" the game of Intaki. Until then it's at least been amusing locking down the system with an Ishtar and a Rifter.
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain

Then the RDS showed up, ILF stepped up their presence, IRED abandoned their towers, and now SF is making the scene.

Proper term is moved. For the duration of the Militia Conflict.. they are back up.

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type

Then the RDS showed up, ILF stepped up their presence, IRED abandoned their towers, and now SF is making the scene.

Proper term is moved. For the duration of the Militia Conflict.. they are back up.

Very well, "moved" their towers.
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Bong-cha Jones

• New Jin Mei
  • Egger
« Reply #39 on: 18 Jun 2011, 23:33 »

I really don't understand your point, Andreus.  Are you saying that Star Fraction shouldn't wardec people if they want rp?  Because I've seen scads of rp on the Minnie/Amarr FW front, the Caldari/Gallente FW front, between CVA and UK, between Blooders and Space Nuns, and other groups, including FEDRO's brief engagement with RIA.  Or are you saying that they shouldn't declare victory?  Because I've seen people rp that as well.

And of course, there are people who want to rp with the Star Fraction, as some of the responses in this thread (including my own) have shown.  So maybe you're just saying they shouldn't win?
Formerly Simon Coal.

Verone

• Dirty Gurista Loyalist
  • Egger
  • :3
    • Veto Corp.Com
« Reply #40 on: 19 Jun 2011, 00:49 »

Quote from: Verone
They only loss we suffered in the entire time we were faced off against SF was a single Falcon, the pilot of which was ridiculed and poked fun at for accidentally hitting his cyno generator in front of the POS and painting himself with a massive bullseye for SF POS gunners.

I swear that cyno shaved years off of my life.  It went up 10km from me.  Teamspeak went dead silent for about 10 seconds before anyone said anything, like we were all collectively holding our breath waiting to see what horrible blob of death and NC destruction was about to be dropped on our heads, but we all slowly started to realize there were no neutrals on grid anywhere.

Just keeping you on your toes, darling <3

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #41 on: 19 Jun 2011, 04:55 »

To the mods. Note that this post in trying to underline a few topics and not delve into any rule-breaking territory or any 'urdoingitwrong' accusations. However by the very nature of the topic it can easily seem as such. I am trying to point out my viewpoints in some things, not to make any claim that anyone's stand-points are automatically flawed or wrong.

Having said that, in right, it's hard to speak of this and not delve into non-proper stuff. There are times I wish I was a better communicator.

I really can't be bothered. Someone would inevitably complain that my honesty constituted "trolling".

Fine.  If you have a legitimate, relevant point, my view is there is always a polite way of saying it that will not be moderated.  Making vague statements in what looks like bitter reference to those points is not usefully contributory to the thread and is more susceptible towards moderation and easier discrediting of the points you actually take the time to make.

I might be wrong, but it seems to me;

ChipMo wonders why Moira has gone silent and refuse to further interact with SF. I'm not in Moira so I can't answer this, but ChipMo's post was, in and of itself, a highly arrogant way of saying 'we won utterly, why won't they keep showing up to be ridiculed some more' he even stated that it was to be expected and still even that is was 'poor form'.

As I see it, SF has a history of making a IC mockery of their enemies, either the defeated ones who fade away or the ones that keep going with their ways. Either way, it would seem that if you are declared an enemy of SF you are awared no respect, at all. That Moira goes silent and refuse to interact with SF anymore is 'to be expected of the game' (other RP entities willfully ignore them and freeze them out of the RP 'community') and it's even poor form. Remaining silent and ignoring SF, denying them RP story material, is... poor form.

Veto Corporation's involvement is 'a footnote'. Now that SF has won, their involvement is ignorable. Verone made an admirable job speaking of the issue with Jade and to an extent SF's problems with the rest of the RP community. His statements are now a 'convinient coincidence' that ChipMo is 'skeptical' to while when Veto got involved Jade refused to accept Verone's help in fixing the OOC bridge to the rest of the game's RP'ers on the basis that Veto was now actively helping Moira and were thus dragged into the fight. Back then Veto's involvement mattered and made alot of reactions. Now, after SF has won... they are a footnote. Victory is achieved, history has been written, Moira has been accured of poor form for not adding much to that history and SF rolls on much as they have for years.

Considering all this I believe that Andreus' original point, as seen here;

The war with Moira, deeply dissapointing conclusion. Ok it's fairly widely accepted that we have won by whatever measures most people go by

but the RP has just stopped.

Take a long hard look at the attitude of the first quoted segment.

Then ask yourself - no, really, take a long hard look and ask yourself - are you truly surprised that people don't want to roleplay with you?

Is fully accurate. I can see why Moira may wish to shut their mouths and let SF move on in their merry way. I can't know for sure ofc, but I can hazard a guess.

Senn's claim that Andreus' statement is 'painfully ironic' seems to be that his character is very steadfast in his views and fully convinced he's in the right. That makes him somewhat arrogant and I'm assuming here the slight similarity between SF's hubris and Andreus' toon's hubris is what Senn's aiming for. I've no idea about andreus' reply however, I don't know much about Senn's toon or the player and can't comment.

*EDIT* Wonderful, half of what I replied to has been dragged to the catacombs. Incoming imminent ban-hammer, in 5, 4, 3...
« Last Edit: 19 Jun 2011, 04:59 by BloodBird »

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #42 on: 19 Jun 2011, 05:54 »

I really don't understand your point, Andreus.  Are you saying that Star Fraction shouldn't wardec people if they want rp?  Because I've seen scads of rp on the Minnie/Amarr FW front, the Caldari/Gallente FW front, between CVA and UK, between Blooders and Space Nuns, and other groups, including FEDRO's brief engagement with RIA.  Or are you saying that they shouldn't declare victory?  Because I've seen people rp that as well.

And of course, there are people who want to rp with the Star Fraction, as some of the responses in this thread (including my own) have shown.  So maybe you're just saying they shouldn't win?

I think people are saying that being asshats about it (IC and OoC as the arrogance on display in several of the posts I've read here can attest to) isn't going to give people any incentive to bother interacting with SF. Arrogance and even OoC propaganda isn't conducive to any kind of RP friendly environment.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #43 on: 19 Jun 2011, 06:01 »

Good analysis. Same feeling here. Maybe wrong though.

I had a few RP interactions with SF on the IGS. As much as my character had no problem at all doing so, me, the player, had. My character respects everyone capable of constructing an argument and will also find the discussion interesting if there is something to learn from it. That way, she have occasionnaly speaked here and there, but me, the player, am at least unconsciously trying to avoid SF on the IGS (the only place where I see them ICly anyway). Jade is a damn condescending character, but it is actually very interesting and the character has depth. What refrains me to actually look for further RP interaction is mainly the "wall of text" syndrome. I do not have enough amount of time to deal with that (I did it once in the Providence threadnaught, it was an experience, but it was terribly chronophage and gave me headaches, especially as its not done in my native language, so I might sometimes get the feeling I lose something like 20% of my intellectual capacity). And then, there are the rest of SF character sometimes found on the IGS. Very "trollish" in my experience, much like in local channel. Here it is not even me, but also my character that has absolutely no interest at all to get into that kind of interactions. Though I might note that I found Kleptoleme totally different from that, and very pleasant.

I don't want to make it feel like a "you are doing it wrong". It is just what has annoyed me the few times I had to deal with it.

Edit again : oh shit, I read the catacombs after, I am reacting over something that got moderated :/
« Last Edit: 19 Jun 2011, 06:17 by Lyn Farel »

Jade Constantine

• Anarchist Adventurer
  • Omelette
  • Nothing ever burns down by itself
    • The Star Fraction Communications Portal
« Reply #44 on: 19 Jun 2011, 06:54 »

One thing I’m going to say again here so that everyone can understand is that this thread is in no way shape or form a place for people to tell Star Fraction we “are doing it wrong”. As you can probably tell from the many catacomb posts removed from this thread the moderation team here agree.

I’m not interested in hearing why particular people have a problem with star fraction here and as the backstage staff have affirmed on many occasions this is not a forum for the resolution of personal disputes between people with issues.

So Bloodbird – with respect can you please leave this kind of discussion for pm’s in the future? I could easily spend a thousand words answering the many inaccuracies in your last post but in doing so I’d be derailing my own thread and that would be silly.

I would be happy to set you straight on the precise happenings you mention but I do not believe it is appropriate material discussion for Backstage in general or for the context of this thread specifically – PM me if you want to continue this topic please.

And Lyn Farel – again I can appreciate you posted in good intention there but you are falling into the pattern of confrontational assessment “you are doing it wrong” that I think we want to avoid here at all costs.

I can appreciate that you as a player do not like dense in-character discussion but I’m not really looking to defend myself against such charges. I shrug and say if you like it by all means interact, if you don’t – then go do other things with my blessing also.

I believe in live and let live when it comes to roleplay and I’m very confident in my own ability to simply ignore anything that doesn’t bring me pleasure in eve roleplay.

Anyway, lets please draw a line under the disruption to this thread. It is not about whether people think Star Fraction roleplay is valid or not or whether we are doing it wrong. If people are genuinely upset and annoyed with us for any reason then please send me a PM and we’ll have that discussion in the appropriate venue and I’m going to ask as a favour right here and now that any of our detractors start doing this rather than responding to our threads on backstage in the future with offtopic and destructive posting.

What I’d like to concentrate on going forward is the positive and interesting contributions made by people in this thread:

Bruno Bonner, Victoria Stecker, Senn Typhos, John Revenent, Mammal Tafren, Misan, Simon Coal, Kaleigh, Chieftain, Bacchanalian and others managed to post positive and interesting responses to the thread without getting drawn into old boring arguments that have no place in public and that’s excellent!

I’m very interested in pursuing these discussions so let’s keep positive and on-topic and leave all the criticism of other people’s RP validity at the door okay?

There are some arenas so corrupt that the only clean acts possible are nihilistic
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6