Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Sleepers are an ancient culture that disappeared?

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: For what its worth I think this was a poor decision *shrugs*  (Read 5159 times)

Jade Constantine

• Anarchist Adventurer
  • Omelette
  • Nothing ever burns down by itself
    • The Star Fraction Communications Portal

Okay Silvernight I take those points certainly ... I put my hands up and admit my first instinct is to discuss rather than call for arbitration and that can be a bit problematic when the person I'm talking too is breaking the rules by the very nature of the question.

How about I post a new thread called something like "Free Captains in Placid" post a brief account of the war and links to the important IC posts - and have the thread for more general discussion of the ideology of the Fraction and how we can move forward in a more progressive way highlighting opportunities for RP corps and alliances to interact and get involved?

I'll promise to report rather than respond to future examples of the "your doing it wrong" responses okay?

There are some arenas so corrupt that the only clean acts possible are nihilistic

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist

I'm not Silver (or a moderator even, for that matter) but I say go for it.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer

I would encourage you to start a new topic if you'd like, yes. I would urge all parties to make sure they stay within the guidelines, and to review those guidelines before posting if need be.

Jade Constantine

• Anarchist Adventurer
  • Omelette

I would encourage you to start a new topic if you'd like, yes. I would urge all parties to make sure they stay within the guidelines, and to review those guidelines before posting if need be.

Okay done .... I might have failed on the "brief" score though :)

Fingers crossed we can have some good discussion now.

There are some arenas so corrupt that the only clean acts possible are nihilistic

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.

I think you might have DOSed the database with that epic screed. ;)

Jade Constantine

• Anarchist Adventurer
  • Omelette

this is what happens when you get paid by the word in your day job you know :)

scagga

• Everything for Vaari
  • Pod Captain

this is what happens when you get paid by the word in your day job you know :)

This piqued my curiousity. Does it tend to be the case that your clients request a preset number of words per unit of work, or do they ask for a piece (qualitative length description) and you assign the number after writing?

Jade Constantine

• Anarchist Adventurer
  • Omelette

Currently its about particular sizes of intranet articles - is unusual for a contract though, I'm mostly finishing work that previous unsuccessful development efforts failed to appropriately document. We've agreed a price per 20,000 words of proof-read and sanity checked intranet at the moment.

Pages: 1 [2]