Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that non-capsuleer viewership of the Intergalactic Summit reaches into the hundreds of millions and vehement debates rage within planetary communities based on the positions espoused there by capsuleers.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Status(Amarr Empire)  (Read 5638 times)

Rodj Blake

• Egger
  • Amarr Victor Meldrew
Re: Status(Amarr Empire)
« Reply #30 on: 02 Jun 2011, 04:44 »

It's important to remember that the Khanid family are Amarrian rather than Khanid.
For now, yes. <.< >.>

If they retcon this.... sigh

I doubt if they'll retcon it on purpose, but it's quite likely that they simply won't realise what their own PF says at some point.

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #31 on: 02 Jun 2011, 16:17 »

There's already some content writer who has a fixation that Amarr think their Emperor is God. Hopefully the ongoing fiction project will bring some clarity to this.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #32 on: 02 Jun 2011, 17:54 »

There's already some content writer who has a fixation that Amarr think their Emperor is God. Hopefully the ongoing fiction project will bring some clarity to this.

Likely to big a fan of 40k and the 'god-emperor' angle. Silly bugger, one of the cute things about the Amarr Empire is that, they honestly think of a proper 'god' and not whoever currently sits on the throne, said person on the throne is 'merely' the divine interpiter of God's will, by virue of being the designated middle-person between the really real leader who is infallible and untouchable, and the people constantly striving (and ofthen failing or mis-using) to stick to his will and live 'good' lives.

Honestly, if they ret-conned this, it would be like ret-conning the Khanid family into blood-Khanid; it would fuck everything up, fundamentally. People can claim CCP don't give a shit about PF all they want, but not even the company who made EVE can want to purposefully mess things up this badly.

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette
« Reply #33 on: 03 Jun 2011, 13:01 »

There's already some content writer who has a fixation that Amarr think their Emperor is God.

What?!? NOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo............
Section 3) Shitposting. "The cluster would be a much better place if all Amarrians were set on fire"

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #34 on: 03 Jun 2011, 15:13 »

I've also seen somewhere - can't remember if it was a mission text or (hopefully) a fan site state that Amarr are worshipful of the capsuleers, since they don't die. Um. Yeah, right.

As far as I've understood, the canon line is that cloning is a Bad Thing, the Emperor indeed is not even close to God (more like Pope-Emperor), and indeed, Khanid nobles are True Amarr. But good to remember that not very long ago we had a source that stated that Heideran was Tash-Murkon (he was Kador - Tash-Murkon were not even royal when he got the Sacred Throne). And oh, the Sacred Throne is not necessarily made of gold, the Golden Throne belongs to the God-Emperor from the other universe.

Back to topic, it would be great to hear news about the state of, say, Kor-Azor economy (boomed with Doriam, crashed with psycho-Aritcio, boomed with saint-Aritcio, no idea for Chancellor Aritcio's time) or Amarr economy in general. We do know that they do have some spare coin (at least to help the Caldari), but no ideas otherwise.

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #35 on: 03 Jun 2011, 18:01 »

Golden thrones are so passé. If I were a god-emperor, I'd have a diamond throne, compressed from the ashes of my greatest champions.

The ashes of my foes would be made into the other kind of throne.
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Vieve

« Reply #36 on: 03 Jun 2011, 18:07 »

Golden thrones are so passé. If I were a god-emperor, I'd have a diamond throne, compressed from the ashes of my greatest champions.

And the royal toilet paper would be made of printouts of their hate mail.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #37 on: 04 Jun 2011, 10:27 »

And the royal toilet paper would be made of printouts of their hate mail.

If I were Emperor, I'd so do that.
Pages: 1 2 [3]