Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Evanda Char started life as humble mechanic?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Trucking Along: New Events?  (Read 10771 times)

Kaleigh Doyle

Re: Trucking Along: New Events?
« Reply #60 on: 02 Jun 2011, 21:57 »

Everyone's got their pet faction that they want to see get some exposure. I'd say its a win for everybody when they do anything to develop the game world, but maybe that's just me.  :eek:

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #61 on: 02 Jun 2011, 22:17 »

I thought the Serps were the name of the Angels janitorial corp?  Or the uncool kids who get invited to the party cus they have the drug hook ups?  <runs>
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #62 on: 02 Jun 2011, 23:13 »

Well, allies is a weird word. Really there's been not a lot of interaction, at least not since the early days when the two carved out a niche. I guess the Angels are doing their own thing and the Serps are biding their time in Syndicate.

Still, I suppose if the Angels get some attention, maybe we'll get a chance to fight together against the powers of oppression. Oppression of our ability to conduct illegal activities.
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #63 on: 03 Jun 2011, 05:55 »

Well, allies is a weird word. Really there's been not a lot of interaction, at least not since the early days when the two carved out a niche. I guess the Angels are doing their own thing and the Serps are biding their time in Syndicate.

Still, I suppose if the Angels get some attention, maybe we'll get a chance to fight together against the powers of oppression. Oppression of our ability to conduct illegal activities.

But oppressing your ability to pestle drugs around and conduct other illegal activities is FUN, damn it :evil:

So is murdering you all and your pets, but that's another matter entierly.

On a less joking manner, I think we would all enjoy more NPC faction exposure, and more activety - not only would it make the game-world more 'alive' but give us all chances to do what we want with whatever factions we like (and don't like).

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #64 on: 03 Jun 2011, 09:26 »

Well, allies is a weird word.
I'd liken them to 'business partners' with a close relationship.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #65 on: 03 Jun 2011, 09:34 »

So is murdering you all and your pets, but that's another matter entierly.

You can't murder Senn, I like him!
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Ellis Croix

« Reply #66 on: 03 Jun 2011, 09:41 »

To be honest, if criminal organizations are doing things that everyone can see, covert things at that, they would most likely find themselves with a serious credibility issue with their own clients.

The Serpentis, in my view, would be happy to continue their back alley wheeling and dealing and let the Cartel handle the more obviously shady situations.  Besides, didn't you hear?  There's a rumor that they had a hand in influencing the Gallente elections.

:twisted:

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #67 on: 03 Jun 2011, 10:50 »

I think you misunderstand the word "covert" when it comes to the underground.

There's the "covert" things we do in broad daylight, so people know we do spooky, covert things that they don't know about.

There's the actual covert things that we can't tell you about.

And there's the Covert things that we don't know our leaders do, or want us to do, or are guiding us to do.

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
Will never happen to you

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #68 on: 03 Jun 2011, 11:58 »

"covert" != "clandestine"

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #69 on: 03 Jun 2011, 12:07 »

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
Will never happen to you

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #70 on: 03 Jun 2011, 12:16 »

In actual usage they have different shades of meaning which a thesaurus isn't intended to convey. Per NATO/USDOD (see: "clandestine operation"), for example:

An operation sponsored or conducted by governmental departments or agencies in such a way as to assure secrecy or concealment. A clandestine operation differs from a covert operation in that emphasis is placed on concealment of the operation rather than on concealment of the identity of the sponsor. In special operations, an activity may be both covert and clandestine and may focus equally on operational considerations and intelligence-related activities.

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #71 on: 03 Jun 2011, 13:15 »

Shades of meaning, I'll give you that much. But the point remains the same, there's always something going on, and its always on a need-to-know basis. But, as you pointed out before, if the Angels are up to something fun, it might be good news for the Serps too.

Or bad. Or, maybe they won't tell us. Or maybe they'll tell us a lie.

Or, maybe they're planning Sarpati's surprise birthday party and we're not a'sposed to tell anybody 'cause-...

Dammit. =_=

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
Will never happen to you

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #72 on: 03 Jun 2011, 13:39 »

...because whenever he learns about his surprise birthday party, he shows up naked and embarrasses everyone?
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #73 on: 03 Jun 2011, 13:47 »

...because whenever he learns about his surprise birthday party, he shows up naked and embarrasses everyone?

Again, we'd question it, but he'd either kill us or make fun of us for not recognizing the hidden genius of his plan.

See Z, there's known unknowns, and there's unknown unknowns. That's things we don't know that we don't know.

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
Will never happen to you

Myrhial Arkenath

• Omelette
  • One does not simply walk into Curse.
    • Diary of a Pod Pilot
« Reply #74 on: 03 Jun 2011, 14:20 »

Holy crap, I look away and this thing reaches five pages. Skimmed it fast, didn't see anything, but is there anyone who's gotten any more info regarding this? I've gotten no responses. Starting to swear at this rate it was some devious plot to get me to actively play again instead of OOG problems dragging me into hiatus because I preferred to sulk instead of HTFU and handle EVE like a boss as escapism method. Ignore if that just didn't make sense. But yeah, updates, anyone?

CEO of Ghost Festival :: Executor of Naraka.
Diary of a Pod Pilot
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7