Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

the 25ers resurfaced in YC106 to protest the monopoly then held by the empires on deadspace warp beacon technology.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Camping trip!  (Read 4131 times)

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
Re: Camping trip!
« Reply #15 on: 22 May 2011, 17:57 »

"This Thursday, tune in to holo channel 5 for the most SHOCKING, JAW-DROPPING, EDGE OF YOUR SEAT excitement.

Twelve capsuleers, one tropical atoll on an uninhabited world.

Can these demigods of death meet the challenge? Do they have... the right stuff?"

*John Revenent's voice in a soundbite: "I made fire!"*

"Follow our holocameras as they follow the superstars of the sky on POD PILOT SURVIVOR!"

*Fadeout with Esna saying: "Man, this alliance sucks!"*

Ok count me in. =P

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.
« Reply #16 on: 22 May 2011, 18:28 »

This is a great idea. Simca's been camping before she became a capsuleer, but it'd be a whole lot of fun to go camping with a group like this. Count me in if you decide to do it.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon

Verone

• Dirty Gurista Loyalist
  • Egger
  • :3
    • Veto Corp.Com
« Reply #17 on: 22 May 2011, 18:37 »

This just makes me think of a British TV series, but rehashed into "I'm a Capsuleer... Get Me Out Of Here!"

As for Ethan, he'd definitely be up for it. He spends a lot of time planetside at his own estates, swimming, skiing, showboarding, surfing, dune crawling, dune surfing, paragliding over sand and water and all sorts of other madness.

Vieve

« Reply #18 on: 22 May 2011, 18:51 »

Sounds like it could be a lot of fun, provided people don't shoot each other over the booze.  Or heck, maybe that'd be fun, too.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #19 on: 22 May 2011, 18:59 »

yeah, go ahead and count me in too.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #20 on: 22 May 2011, 19:28 »

I would be very happy to be there, though it might lead to people seeing sides of vicky they're not meant to. I'll tink about it.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #21 on: 22 May 2011, 19:57 »

Morwen would probably love it. Count me as interested. :3
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #22 on: 22 May 2011, 23:05 »

Epic. I'm in.

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #23 on: 22 May 2011, 23:16 »

Sounds neat, sign me up

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #24 on: 23 May 2011, 00:44 »

A few of Aseyakone staff have been off to the planetside for vacations, including trekking. A few of us do enjoy the trips.

I also suspect that some basic survival training would be part of some (but not all) military capsuleer schools. As in "you likely won't ever need this, but it builds character and is all military-ey". Of course, this depends on how the militaries have evolved and whether they do carry the legacies. That kind of things aren't necessarily trekking or marches, but might as well be sailing, atmospheric flying, zero-G training, small ship/one-man fighter guerrilla tactics and so on.

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #25 on: 23 May 2011, 02:23 »

Cool! I'll make an IGS thread right away!

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #26 on: 24 May 2011, 02:13 »

The anime is serious. It's bleak, a crap-sack world for sure. There in intrigue, combat and politicks; there is social and cultural opposition that keeps the wars going. People die, other people hate the one's that made their loved ones die, and the serious business goes on unabated.

And then, to break the mood and inject some humor, we have this totally relaxed, and absurdly funny fan-service-ladden BEACH EPISODE!
Everyone drops their reasoning for fighting and such, and chills together with one another in funny, entertaining and at times utterly absurd events that span this day of non-serious, innocent play, complete with possible situations that makes it a totally borderline-hentai episode. The audience has had it's dose of humor-relief, character's has had their time of messing around and the serious mold is broken, for now.

Until the next day, ofc, where it's back to business as usual.

NO NO, STOP!

Don't do that man, there is no way we can keep this fully IC - if at all possible we will have to strip the social and political ramifications from our toons to be part of this; it will likely be hillarious and alot of fun just to mess about with this, but frankly, can you envision Imperials, Federals, criminals of every stipe, slavers, freedom fighters and so on and so forth just chilling and camping out with one-another in a total IC setting?

Hell no. If this is to at all happen, we will have to effectively ignore everyone's alignment and beliefs in the context of each other, and rely entierly on their personality and non-capsule skills, in relation with what the effectively ammounts to a perfectly random group of people who we are not all politically opposed to. Because, if nothing else, this will be an utterly out-of-character move for 90% of all our characters, and if we don't we will be murdering each other with sticks and stones within the span of 20 minutes.

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #27 on: 24 May 2011, 03:02 »

NO NO, STOP!

Don't do that man, there is no way we can keep this fully IC - if at all possible we will have to strip the social and political ramifications from our toons to be part of this; it will likely be hillarious and alot of fun just to mess about with this, but frankly, can you envision Imperials, Federals, criminals of every stipe, slavers, freedom fighters and so on and so forth just chilling and camping out with one-another in a total IC setting?

Hell no. If this is to at all happen, we will have to effectively ignore everyone's alignment and beliefs in the context of each other, and rely entierly on their personality and non-capsule skills, in relation with what the effectively ammounts to a perfectly random group of people who we are not all politically opposed to. Because, if nothing else, this will be an utterly out-of-character move for 90% of all our characters, and if we don't we will be murdering each other with sticks and stones within the span of 20 minutes.

Thank god. (Amarr Victor?)

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #28 on: 24 May 2011, 04:53 »

Hell no. If this is to at all happen, we will have to effectively ignore everyone's alignment and beliefs in the context of each other [....] Because, if nothing else, this will be an utterly out-of-character move for 90% of all our characters, and if we don't we will be murdering each other with sticks and stones within the span of 20 minutes.

Which is why this is a cute thing for me to imagine, but utterly not something Mata would do.

(I'd be waving you off wistfully, but I've done a couple of planetside RP events with Mata lately -- one even involving camping -- so I'm not feeling like I'm missing out.)

Vieve

« Reply #29 on: 24 May 2011, 05:18 »

...and if we don't we will be murdering each other with sticks and stones within the span of 20 minutes.

...or if it was a publicized event held in a single low or null sec system, that system'd get hotdropped.  Possibly by fleets there to insure that their representative didn't get ganked (at least not without a fun fight).

As I said before, it sounds like it could be fun.  It's a wacky lunatic idea, and it if happens, I'm sure I'll enjoy reading the IGS fallout from it.

[Enjoy participating in it?  Oh, heck no.  Only one of my characters enjoys camping, and she'd rather be genuinely dead than set herself up as a public target.]
Pages: 1 [2] 3