Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Sansha Kuvakei was an industrial mogul before founding his Nation? Moar here.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Alliance Tournament  (Read 11352 times)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
Re: Alliance Tournament
« Reply #15 on: 28 May 2011, 12:05 »

Congrats UK! Well played!

Merdaneth

• Pod Captain
« Reply #16 on: 28 May 2011, 12:36 »

\o/ First match went well.

Wish they at least had audio for prequal.

I see lots of traitorous Amarr contraptions in your setup. I mean lovely Amarr ships in your traitorous setups, traitor :P

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #17 on: 28 May 2011, 16:55 »

I see lots of traitorous Amarr contraptions in your setup. I mean lovely Amarr ships in your traitorous setups, traitor :P

Heathen Legion: Burning the Amarr with their own ships since 22/10/YC112

Cheiftan

• Clonejack
« Reply #18 on: 29 May 2011, 09:57 »

Nice Work U'K

Best of luck to CVA VI and StarFraction

Borza

• Kuru Khai
  • Omelette
  • We come for our people
« Reply #19 on: 29 May 2011, 10:47 »

\o/ First match went well.

Wish they at least had audio for prequal.

:D And a lot of `inferior` matari engineering in CVAs. You cant afford to be predictable :D

Merdaneth

• Pod Captain
« Reply #20 on: 29 May 2011, 11:18 »

:D And a lot of `inferior` matari engineering in CVAs. You cant afford to be predictable :D

I use Kameiras as my household guard. Works perfectly.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #21 on: 29 May 2011, 11:40 »

Heathen Legion: Burning the Amarr with their own ships since 22/10/YC112

VI: Showing matari's how to fly their own ships since today's alliance tournament match :)

Cheiftan

• Clonejack
« Reply #22 on: 29 May 2011, 11:53 »

Nice Work Vangaurd and CVA

Better luck with you next fight Star Fraction.

Ile be putting up a link of I-REDs Fight Soon tm

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #23 on: 29 May 2011, 11:58 »

Nice Work Vangaurd and CVA

Better luck with you next fight Star Fraction.

Ile be putting up a link of I-REDs Fight Soon tm

Ditto for CVA and UK, and next round will go better IRED and SF!

I'll have our fraps up at some point too.

Merdaneth

• Pod Captain
« Reply #24 on: 29 May 2011, 12:42 »

I'll have our fraps up at some point too.

I don't think we have fraps. Then again, the fight was over in a flash.

[16:00:15] CCP Sreegs > 10
[16:00:16] CCP Sreegs > 9
[16:00:17] CCP Sreegs > 8
[16:00:18] CCP Sreegs > 7
[16:00:19] CCP Sreegs > 6
[16:00:21] CCP Sreegs > 5
[16:00:22] CCP Sreegs > 4
[16:00:23] CCP Sreegs > 3
[16:00:24] CCP Sreegs > 2
[16:00:25] CCP Sreegs > 1
[16:00:26] CCP Sreegs > GO
[+0:14] Shrapnell bomb hits, destroying all drones and scratching shields
[+0:32] first Rupture explodes
[+1:15] second Rupture explodes
[+2:06] our Cyclone explodes
[+2:36] Claymore explodes
[+2:40] Scimitar explodes
[+3:57] Hound explodes
[16:04:30] Merdaneth > Amarr Victor!
[16:04:37] CCP Sreegs > CVA Victory

Cheiftan

• Clonejack
« Reply #25 on: 29 May 2011, 13:53 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeM3u3l6mGI

Thats ou Fraps footage, please excuse the clicks, thats me talking however fraps wasnt set up right.

But this is our first Ally Tourny fight, we made a few mistakes but i think overall we did pretty well.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #26 on: 29 May 2011, 17:31 »

Ouch... sorry, Chief.  :(

Looks like most others pulled through (epic flying by RK there!); hopefully I-RED will make up for it 2nd match.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Cheiftan

• Clonejack
« Reply #27 on: 29 May 2011, 20:03 »

We have got no plans to go out without a fight :twisted:

EDIT:

Bad Grammer fixed

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #28 on: 29 May 2011, 21:50 »

Bacchanalian

• Omelette
« Reply #29 on: 30 May 2011, 07:14 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeM3u3l6mGI

Thats ou Fraps footage, please excuse the clicks, thats me talking however fraps wasnt set up right.

But this is our first Ally Tourny fight, we made a few mistakes but i think overall we did pretty well.

Hope you don't mind, but a couple of comments--FCing from a logi is hard on a good day, on a tourney day it's unpossible.  Too much going on, too many nerves, and you have too much to handle.  Let one of your DPS guys call the shots and advise him as things go (I force someone else to FC the match I'm flying in unless I'm in a point-and-shoot boat; ewar, logi, or anything requiring above-average manual piloting is a no-go)!  Also, they did exactly what I would have--pulsed MWD to leave you trailing when trying to orbit.  Drops his transversal to close to 0 (in the video you can see it drop into low double digits a few times for one of the Machs).  Manually pilot that baby! 

In any case, you came up against a pretty nasty setup for what you were running.  I'm not sure how you could have beaten that with your setup, not to say your setup was bad--just that the double Machariel+tackle setup is a pretty rough counter for anything that has to engage from less than 20km.  I'm glad we didn't come up against it--keeping alive while TDing those Machariels would probably have proven close to impossible given the fact that you can't exactly outrange their DPS inside an arena that small.

(epic flying by RK there!)

That was hands down one of the best fights I've been a part of in the tourney.  The ten minutes flew by--I didn't realize we were almost out of time until they were giving the 1 minute warning, and at that point we had to start counting points to see if we were technically winning or not.  Lot of things went our way tbh--we primaried one of the two ships on their team that had a web fit first without knowing it--when you're flying Cyclones against a mix of Cyclones and Brutixes, you want to not be webbed down for those Brutixes to get up close and personal.  The second web-cyclone burned out his MWD chasing my Curse around the arena.  So while we lost our logi and one of our two Cyclones straight away (Scimitar dropped 2 minutes in, first Cyclone of ours about 3.5--at that point we had dropped one of their Cyclones and had their first Brutix into hull--it was looking fairly grim tbh), we were up against 1 Cyclone with burned out mids, one Cyclone that was damped down to ~10km lock range (again, luck that we damped the one with working mids), and two Brutixes that had so little capacitor they'd forgotten the meaning of the word.  Absolutely nuts.  They had ECM drones, so our Cyclone was jammed for over half the remainder of the fight, and I was jammed enough that our Keres finally chased me down and started popping the ECM drones off my back since I was safely away from hostile Cyclone AC ranges.  Their second brutix dropped nearly 9 minutes into the fight, but at that point our Cyclone could close in on theirs because their Brutixes were off the field.  Managed to take one of their remaining Cyclones to ~30% shields before time was called. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6