Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Wolves of Pator rescued and freed 5,000 slaves as a wedding gift for Evanda Char?

Author Topic: Re: War Deck, Vanguard Imperium, OOC Disclaimer  (Read 1004 times)

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.

Hmm... regarding that last post on IGS...

Isn't that a bit unfair? I mean, just completely out of the blue with not a single mechanic to support it in-game, invent the enslavement of the local populations and so on. Does that in turn justify me cloaking in the system for a week and claim I'm freeing thousands of slaves every day?

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
Re: Re: War Deck, Vanguard Imperium, OOC Disclaimer
« Reply #1 on: 17 May 2011, 09:32 »

Actually it's quite justified and I've had quite a few ooc conversations with a lot of others regarding this. We own the systems, we worked for it, fought for them for months, our name is on the sovereignty, they are 'ours' to do as we please, especially in an RP sense. I own the station in A-2, I could call it 'slave internment camp' if we wanted to :P

I would never make such a claim anywhere in empire or really even in low-sec, where empires are in control and those sorts of things would be a bit of a stretch.  I'm generally super-careful to only make claims that are backed up in-game. So if my alliance is on the ticker in space, it's my system. 

I think you all could also make reasonable claims that any of our ships you destroy, especially ratters, etc, you made efforts to swoop in and pick up survivors, etc.

Your kills are yours to do with RP wise as you see fit.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #2 on: 17 May 2011, 09:38 »

I'll add that we've been pretty consistent with this from the time we entered null-sec. There was quite a bit of "crushing our enemies and hearing the lamentations of their women" when we took these systems by force, and I've always kept our RP strictly in line with our gains and losses in the area.  When we win space, we win space, and when we lose, we lose, and I reflect that.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #3 on: 17 May 2011, 09:39 »

In the same sense, if you crush one of our fleets in space, you would absolutely be justified in saying you scooped up a few thousand slave crew and absconded with them to freedom, how could we deny this if you hold the field and loot our wrecks, etc?

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
Re: War Deck, Vanguard Imperium, OOC Disclaimer
« Reply #4 on: 17 May 2011, 09:45 »

Not sure I like that you have to pull in massive amounts of non-RPers and start wrestling Sovereignty out of the hands of other nullsec alliances to be able to power RP like that. I understand your viewpoint, but it's not something I'll be involved in myself. Hmm. Maybe I'll have a character join the NC or DRF, claiming to have freed all slaves from all those systems.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #5 on: 17 May 2011, 09:57 »

Not sure I like that you have to pull in massive amounts of non-RPers and start wrestling Sovereignty out of the hands of other nullsec alliances to be able to power RP like that. I understand your viewpoint, but it's not something I'll be involved in myself. Hmm. Maybe I'll have a character join the NC or DRF, claiming to have freed all slaves from all those systems.

No offense here, seriously, as I think we're all on the same team ooc, but:

For good or bad I have -always- consistently reflected my IC goings on with in-game goings on. Win or lose, good or bad.

If I've spent the last several months toiling away, dealing with interpersonal drama, holding a coalition together, fighting a lot of people, putting out drama fires daily, you better believe I'm going to reflect our successes RP-wise.

Mechanics wise it -also- feel completely justified. If I own the system, build our own stations, own all the infrastructure, have hundreds of capsuleers under our banner, it's not even a remote stretch to imagine the planets below are -completely- under our rule.

I would never, ever fly into Matari space and claim to have landed a raiding crew on one of your planets and left with captives, because it doesn't pass the believability test. 

Ignoring your sarcasm, yes, if you are in a leadership position with the DRF and you own those systems I'd have absolutely no issues with you setting up an egalitarian free-loving society of Matari tribes.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #6 on: 17 May 2011, 10:00 »

I'd also refrain from using 'power RP' as that's a bit unfair.  I'm not a 3-week old noob flying an ibus claiming to have done anything meaningful, I'm several years in game and an FC for hundreds of people that own most of a 0.0 region. 

Not to sound like too much of a jerk, but my guys have earned it with a lot of hard work.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #7 on: 17 May 2011, 10:07 »

[mod]From the FAQ:
It is a place for civil and courteous conversation. It is not a place for flamewars, bullying, point-scoring or other asshattery. (The Mods reserve the right to define 'asshattery' as behaviour not in line with the forum's purpose). It is not a place for people to show how 'wrong' others are. It is not a place for the ventilation of personal vendettas. It is not a place for insults, either veiled or explicit. It is not a place for telling other people they are 'doing it wrong". It is not a place to carry on In Character feuds.
And from the Rules:
Rule 11: Don't troll. This has a working definition of "attempting to be as annoying as possible while still technically obeying the rules," and it's not the way to go about getting attention. Attempting to derail threads, posting off-topic bullshit, or flame-baiting are all verboten.
The post at the top here violates both of these. Feel free to discuss the IC implications of IG events and the impact of those not roleplaying, but do so in a constructive way.[/mod]