Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Your clones have your DNA, but not until you've been in them a while? For more information see the Cloning Scientific Article

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Pirate Faction Organization Level  (Read 3066 times)

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Re: Pirate Faction Organization Level
« Reply #15 on: 13 May 2011, 19:45 »

This is coming late, I know, but don't underestimate the power of the dark si...er...inter-library loan system. We wants to loan you free books. Use us!  :cry:

... If public libraries are keeping copies of the EVE novels, that's actually pretty cool.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #16 on: 13 May 2011, 19:54 »

This is coming late, I know, but don't underestimate the power of the dark si...er...inter-library loan system. We wants to loan you free books. Use us!  :cry:

... If public libraries are keeping copies of the EVE novels, that's actually pretty cool.

the local interlibrary loan system charges -_-
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #17 on: 13 May 2011, 20:14 »

I found a copy of EVE: The Empyrean Age at the local library in a town in South Wales interestingly enough, when I was working there in a local community capacity. I figured "WTF, as if there are any EVE players here of all places".

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #18 on: 13 May 2011, 20:30 »

I have often wondered if the UK doesn't have a higher proportion of EVE players per capita than any other country outside of Iceland proper.

Half Cocked Jack

• Clonejack
« Reply #19 on: 14 May 2011, 07:03 »

the local interlibrary loan system charges -_-

Ouch. That is absolutely medieval, and sucks. There are much better ways of covering those costs than charging patrons. Now I'm sad. :(

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #20 on: 14 May 2011, 12:49 »

* Z.Sinraali huggles the librarian.
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Ammentio Oinkelmar

• Egger
  • zombie
« Reply #21 on: 15 May 2011, 08:59 »

Populations are not that big. I understand the Caldari State is something like 2 trillion.
So they are considerably smaller than the Gallente Federation whose population is somewhat below 9.3 trillion but much more than 2.8 trillion (by this and this.)
Pages: 1 [2]