Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Blood Raider ships have the same design and golden sheen as Amarrian vessels, but are mottled in rust-like vermilion? (The Burning Life p. 80)

Author Topic: Ground Floor  (Read 680 times)

Dewgong

• The Seacow
  • Clonejack
Ground Floor
« on: 14 May 2011, 11:31 »

As I sit on the bench, overlooking a view of the moon, I can’t help but admire the serenity of its beauty.  It sits there, spinning slowly in a silence only met with the warm embrace of the system’s sun.  It’s small for a moon, to be sure, compared to the large plasma planet it orbits, but it’s a colonized moon, so one can make out a steady trail of ships going back and forth on a route from the planet to the station and back.

It’s a life I do long to return to, yet at the same time I do not want to go back, not just yet.  It’s an odd feeling  to be sure, but there does seem to be a greater sense of purpose.  When I look back, it’s hard to believe I’ve experienced as much as I have.  I’ve seen a golden age come crumbling down, participated in several wars, the biggest of which rocked several regions.  I’ve become self sufficient thanks to market trading, I’ve seen Incursions and Old Man Sansha himself, Titans and capitals obliterate entire fleets, explored the depths of worm holes, even living in some, which I found quite enjoyable, if only a nice relaxation.

From the North to the South, space of all the main empires, I still find myself struck with awe at the beauty of this.  The preciousness that all capsuleers seem to take for granted, the thing that brings us all together regardless of faith, race, or blood.  When I’m sat here, taking a break from my travels, looking out into the void of space, I am reminded of it every time.  Of the thing we hold dear, yet almost forget we have on a level beyond ‘Oh, I have a clone’.

I’m talking about Life.

“I know I know…” I commonly tell people when they give me those crazy looks or some crass remark, but in a universe where I am essentially immortal, it becomes so easy to forget that I am just a human like those we enslave, or those who seek revenge out of hatred, or those who themselves are barely human anymore due to implants or other musings.   People call me sentimental, but what can I do? 

Forgive me for having a heart.

Then again, some would say that having a heart would mean to ‘denounce slavery’ or ‘ free the oppressed’.  While yes, Slavery isn’t exactly right, but galvanizing an entire civilization for it isn’t really any better.  Twist words and be as pompous as you like, but having that sort of extremist attitude makes one little more than a terrorist, more so if you actually plan to take action and attack others.  Sure they my fight, but not because they aggressed first.  This goes for both sides alike, however, as I cannot fully support something that would force itself on someone without having them a chance to avoid or find an alternative.

Beep Beep Beep Beep

My alarm goes off and I just look at my time piece on my wrist, turning the alarm off and looking at the time “Ah yes, the mechanics should be done with the ship by now”  I take another long look at the moon, standing silent and peaceful, despite the chaos that rocks the sector.  A soft smile breaks right before I turn to head to the hangers .

” I want to improve this world, and the lives of everyone I meet.  I want to teach them how to truly live again.”

- Dewgong

---------------------------------------------------------------

I will be starting to keep a log of my travels in space, as shortly I will embark on a journey across New Eden to visit even more systems and to experience life in a way several of us may thing foolish.  I will talk about the people I meet, the cultures, lifestyles, the planets, the conversations and hopefully Friends that I make along the way.  Feel free to keep tabs on my progress and journey, and feel free to give suggestions on where I should go next!

Click Here for the Logs!