Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Hak'len (AKA Kresh liquor) is toxic to non-Caldari?

Author Topic: Re: Last Flights of the Space Shuttle  (Read 1949 times)

Boma Airaken

• Egger
Re: Last Flights of the Space Shuttle
« on: 02 May 2011, 01:05 »

[mod]Discussion of moderation belongs in the section of forums for discussion of moderation. Please do not derail threads[/mod]Ok, it is on.

Why is it that I cannot criticize a President who's cabinet (the people that actually do the stuff everyone thinks the President does) on a section of a forum specifically set up for this sort of discourse, without being moderated, simply because I do not agree with policy? I am well aware that 1A doesn't apply here, but at the same time, I am getting really tired of constantly being moderated because an uber-lefty has a hate-boner for me both OOC, IC, and IG.

There, no flame bait.

Supposedly backstage is all about tolerance and acceptance and equality and fluffy unicorns. That is great, but it goes both ways.

President Barry hates the pants off the space program. We all know it. So why is it that when someone calls it out, they get modded to Titan and back?
« Last Edit: 02 May 2011, 01:09 by Ciarente »

Boma Airaken

• Egger
« Reply #1 on: 02 May 2011, 03:21 »

Apparently I amaze someone ;) Am I really that intriguing darling?

Lyn Farel

« Reply #2 on: 02 May 2011, 03:57 »

Well as much as I agree for that space program thing, I think you are confusing the form with the content, but I can be mistaken. You were probably not moderated for the content/substance itself.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #3 on: 02 May 2011, 04:28 »

Why is it that I cannot criticize

you're allowed to criticize all you want, as long as you stay respectful. You can't seem to do that. Its like with your alt in OOC, I have no problem with you disagreeing/criticizing my religion, as long as you can discuss it rationally, calling me "a fat girl in a cape" is not being polite, or rational, its insulting. The same is the case here. If you were simply debating, no one would care, but you're not debating, you're verbally assaulting in manor that is completely nonconstructive and does nothing but antagonize people. That's probably not your intention, but it is the truth. Its not what you say, its how you're saying it.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
Re: Re: Last Flights of the Space Shuttle
« Reply #4 on: 02 May 2011, 05:28 »

The post was moderated for the way in which you expressed your opinion, not for the opinion itself. I certainly don't think anyone should mistake our policy on civil, courteous discussion for a specific political stance on RL issues.

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #5 on: 02 May 2011, 16:50 »

Yeah, I'm not trying to be an asshole, but I'm pretty sure that referring to anyone as an: 'anointed Negro' is fairly far from being appropriate. Just sayin'.

scagga

• Everything for Vaari
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #6 on: 03 May 2011, 18:08 »

Yeah, I'm not trying to be an asshole, but I'm pretty sure that referring to anyone as an: 'anointed Negro' is fairly far from being appropriate. Just sayin'.

Now that's original!

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #7 on: 03 May 2011, 22:53 »

Wut?

This is also original, from the anointed one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9mzJhvC-8E&feature=topvideos_news