Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the top-heavy, curved, vertical design of the Naglfar was copied from Minmatar totems? Read more in the description

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 'Special items', restricted items, chracter unique rewards, etc.  (Read 3671 times)

Invelious

• Reshjvajarr Man
  • Omelette
  • Plays the Roll

*Invelious rubs his Kourmonen Campaign Medal*

Jev North

Also, a note; CCP has pretty much said that they don't like the idea of Epic Arcs, and that they did not turn out well.  I for one think that they are far too much of a "theme park" element for EVE.  What are your thoughts on this?
Bit of a sidetrack, sorry for that, but.. mh, really? A shame. I've done some of the arcs, and there's definite upsides to them. The SoE epic arc is doable right out of the school system, decent ISK for a new character, and chock-full of lore and impressions of capsuleer life. The Angels epic arc is pure bait to tempt people into trying out the nullsec life, and quite effective at it, in my case. Loved every minute of it.

It's the faction epic arcs that give the concept a bad name, I guess. I found the Caldari epic arc missions and story to be interesting enough, but whoever came up with the variable rewards based on essentially blind choices right at the start of the arc doesn't understand game design. I hear the other faction epics have similar problems, that is, if they offer any kind of substantial rewards at all.

Dex_Kivuli

• Dex 2.11b
  • Egger

I fully endorse this idea as yet another way of adding flavour to some items.

However, I don't like the idea of people being unable to sell/jettison them. I don't like the idea of preventing something that just doesn't make sense: just because the item is tailored to only work for you, doesn't mean you can't dump the thing in space, or sell it to someone else.

Limiting use makes more sense: something about programming it to unique, pilot-specific brain signatures.

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain

Istvaan Shogaatsu's Modified Imperial Issue Apocalypse
5% bonus per level to large energy turret damage.
5% bonus per level to capacitor capacity
Each weapon hit subtracts 10,000,000 ISK from target wallet.

Invelious

• Reshjvajarr Man
  • Omelette
  • Plays the Roll

Istvaan Shogaatsu's Modified Imperial Issue Apocalypse
5% bonus per level to large energy turret damage.
5% bonus per level to capacitor capacity
Each weapon hit subtracts 10,000,000 ISK from target wallet.

HA! Impressive. Please contract me that ship.

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran

EVE had unique special items that only a few could use. 

They were called aviator sunglasses.  Only we Brutor could have them. 

And CCP diditwrong by allowing just anyone to pick them up, and thus robbed us of our cultural heritage.

:mad: :evil: :evil: :mad:
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov
Pages: 1 [2]