Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the connections inside a pod serve as both communications pathways and security wiring? (The Burning Life, p 30)

Author Topic: Platoon XIII  (Read 2244 times)

mandrill

• Clonejack
Platoon XIII
« on: 16 Apr 2010, 16:43 »

I'm not sure if this is eligible to be included here as its not strictly EVE fiction. It is set in New Eden though and is based on the upcoming Dust 514 FPS. If its not meant to be in this section feel free to move it.

I've got a prologue and 5 chapters published so far:

Its nearly halfway through and I know where its going.

I've been trying to keep to a weekly publication schedule with a new chapter every week but there hasn't been one for the last two because I seem to have hit a wall. Trying to describe two airial dogfights sort of simultaneously (one is flashback, if you read the rest of the chapters you'll know the format) without repeating yourself too much is quite tricky. I'll get through it eventually though. I'll update this post as new chapters are published.

I'd be interested to hear the opinions and criticism of those who've been writing longer than me. This is my first real attempt at any sort of long form fiction so any feedback (good or bad) would be most welcome. I'm also not as well up on the lore as I should be so feel free to point out any glaring errors there aswell (I really want a dead tree copy of the chronicles and other lore so I can read it in bed)

Be gentle with me, eh? I'm new at this :)

edited for spelling
« Last Edit: 16 Apr 2010, 16:57 by mandrill »

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
Re: Platoon XIII
« Reply #1 on: 16 Apr 2010, 16:48 »

I'm not sure if this is eligible to be included here as its not strictly EVE fiction. It is set in New Eden though and is based on the upcoming Dust 514 FPS. If its not meant to be in this section feel free to move it.

Aye, it counts - thanks for sharing it with us!

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.