Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that the Solteur-class titans are not the same as the Erebus-class titans piloted by Capsuleers?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: [Recruiting] Federal Robotics  (Read 10423 times)

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
Re: Federal Robotics
« Reply #15 on: 13 Apr 2011, 07:57 »

Industrial Backbone of Federal RP alliance anyone?

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #16 on: 13 Apr 2011, 12:02 »

Well, while I most certainly trust you folks - first get a corp running, then think about alliances?

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #17 on: 13 Apr 2011, 21:59 »

Nonsense! The world first, details later!

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #18 on: 13 Apr 2011, 22:51 »

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments and well wishes!  I've received an unexpectedly positive response to this launch in the first 24 hours. :D

Bong-cha Jones

• New Jin Mei
  • Egger
« Reply #19 on: 13 Apr 2011, 22:56 »

Hot damn, man.  If Eve were a possibility right now, I'd be all over this.  Give me a few weeks, and I will be begging you to accept my application.
Formerly Simon Coal.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #20 on: 13 Apr 2011, 23:27 »

Corporate Roleplay
... FEDRO is an immersionist roleplay corporation built on the concept of a for-profit consortium of capsuleers.  It is not explicity involved in cluster politics outside of those that affect its bottom line, but the corporation intends to live and work in Gallente space...
I am finding corporate roleplay to be a real challenge.  I have been trying to run a company-type entity for the past 2-3 years.

Most of the time, corps encourage members to be self-sufficient.  The cogs can come and go as they please and the corp doesn't slow down.

Also, the game's mechanics make this a challenge.  Even something like valuing corporate property, I do via a work around using the contract mechanisms and base value (under values items & BPOs, especially T2 items, overvalues BPCs).  Monitoring contribution to the bottom line and managing corporate assets like Jump Freighters (I know, plenty of people have those on individuals) only complicates matters more.

You really need to emphasis the consortium aspect of the corporation,  someone joins the corp, their total revenue-over-time should go up (not necessarily individual revenue).  This is not too challenging to do in a small corp where a trader looks for deals to provide the researchers/manufacturers with tools/materials.  To build corporate profit, you have to look towards true corporate assets, but even these need to be supported and managed by members (and thus they take parts of the profit).

Corporate RP isn't easy.

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #21 on: 13 Apr 2011, 23:43 »

I am finding corporate roleplay to be a real challenge.  I have been trying to run a company-type entity for the past 2-3 years...

...Corporate RP isn't easy.
Thanks for the advice, Dex!  It is much appreciated.  Of course, I don't think I have a reputation for taking on the easy challenges, and if it turns out to be as tough as you describe, I'll be glad that I'm not straying too far from my habits.  Anyway, bearing just such things as you mention in mind, I have been speaking with someone who has particularly extensive experience in the matter and am hoping to hire them as Federal Robotics COO in the next few days.  :)

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.
« Reply #22 on: 01 May 2011, 22:48 »

Don't suppose you guys will take indy alts will ya? I'm lookin for a place to put the one I'm gettin ready to make and your corp seems like it could be fun.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #23 on: 01 May 2011, 23:21 »

I have been speaking with someone who has particularly extensive experience in the matter and am hoping to hire them as Federal Robotics COO in the next few days.  :)
:P

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #24 on: 01 May 2011, 23:27 »

Don't suppose you guys will take indy alts will ya? I'm lookin for a place to put the one I'm gettin ready to make and your corp seems like it could be fun.
Will you be active with the character and RP?  If you answered yes to these questions, we'd be happy to have you!

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #25 on: 02 May 2011, 10:04 »

Corporate RP isn't easy.

Hm, I always got the impression it was far easier and more attractive to outsiders. Maybe because of the carebear-to-RPer ratio.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #26 on: 02 May 2011, 10:08 »

It's difficult to emulate RL corporations directly in EVE for all sorts of reasons. However, one can set up an EVE-style corp with all sorts of relevant RP. I wouldn't call it "easy", exactly, but the concepts aren't too complex in themselves.

Chowda

• Egger
« Reply #27 on: 03 May 2011, 11:01 »

I really like the focused motif of Federal Robotics!  WRLDE may have some business propositions sent to the CEO in the near future.

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #28 on: 07 May 2011, 23:02 »

OP updated with link to our forums.

Isobel Mitar

• Egger
Re: [Recruiting] Federal Robotics
« Reply #29 on: 08 May 2011, 15:12 »

This sounds pretty cool!  :)