Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That there are minmatar who willingly serve the Amarr empire? More here

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: A Future Vision and implications.  (Read 11326 times)

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
Re: A Future Vision and implications.
« Reply #15 on: 26 Mar 2011, 15:12 »

Well. It would seem I cannot stop ejaculating. Someone call me a doctor with many buckets.

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #16 on: 26 Mar 2011, 15:13 »

Its a trailer, folks. A movie like showcase of which utopy they would like to see in the future. They have always stated there will be no fight in stations. This is just for screening sake, nothing more.
Well, perhaps, but 'walking in stations' was just such a vision of the future back in 2006... and back then their answer was "no combat to begin with".  Obviously, with DUST, CCP has an interest in bringing sci-fi infantry combat into the New Eden IP.  If realized someday, I see no reason why it would be restricted to a planetary theater.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #17 on: 26 Mar 2011, 15:14 »

I was actually more interested in the implications for stationside intrigue. ^_^

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #18 on: 26 Mar 2011, 15:18 »

Nice CG work. I'll hold back on the criticism of incarna until I see it in action. ;)

Shal Novastorm

• Wetgraver
« Reply #19 on: 26 Mar 2011, 15:20 »

Its a trailer, folks. A movie like showcase of which utopy they would like to see in the future. They have always stated there will be no fight in stations. This is just for screening sake, nothing more.
Well, perhaps, but 'walking in stations' was just such a vision of the future back in 2006... and back then their answer was "no combat to begin with".  Obviously, with DUST, CCP has an interest in bringing sci-fi infantry combat into the New Eden IP.  If realized someday, I see no reason why it would be restricted to a planetary theater.

I don't think it's smart to rule it out totally, but I'd put my chips on planet combat first, then after that is the 'testing ground', the possibility for station stuff. You're right though, before it was 'no combat period' and now it's 'well in the future we'd like combat', not even factoring in all 'no leaving ships' that's now being changed.

I think we can all agree though, damn purdy CGI, lookin forward to Incarna to see all this together.

Crucifire

« Reply #20 on: 26 Mar 2011, 15:24 »

In-station combat or not, this trailer was fucking cool and I'm all out of clean undies now.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #21 on: 26 Mar 2011, 15:48 »

Well of course they said back 2 or 3 years ago that there was no combat planned for incarna, but Torfi Frans was already saying in a fanfest i don't remember the year that "no combat planned but maybe someday if we feel the need". So, yes, it might happen. Though for now I am pretty sure nothing is planned, at least for the beginning, and we must also remember that combat in stations would need A LOT of game developpement, balancing, graphcs, animations, sounds, etc, so I am sure we are pretty far from seeing it in stations.

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #22 on: 26 Mar 2011, 16:04 »

Well of course they said back 2 or 3 years ago that there was no combat planned for incarna, but Torfi Frans was already saying in a fanfest i don't remember the year that "no combat planned but maybe someday if we feel the need". So, yes, it might happen.

You know how people often post "Man, Incarna's gonna be shit, because it'll launch without combat. CCP is so shit. Why won't they launch Incarna with the ability to murder someone? CCP is so shit. Noah does coke. They're hiring blind albino programmers. CCP's plex for Japan is a money laundering scheme."

Well, CCP listens to all those posts, no matter how blitheringly retarded they are. People have been bitching about the non-combat nature of Incarna for a year if not more, now. So believe me, they feel the need :F

Unless they're completely blind nowadays. But I don't think they are. I bet they've got guys watching this very forum.

*hellgremlin throws smoke bomb, disappears*

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #23 on: 26 Mar 2011, 16:15 »

* Mizhara hands out tinfoil hats.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #24 on: 26 Mar 2011, 16:18 »

It's not pre-rendered

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #25 on: 26 Mar 2011, 16:28 »

Well. It would seem I cannot stop ejaculating. Someone call me a doctor with many buckets.

I only just now realized this was you before

@Video

NEW FEATURE FOR DREADNOUGHTS yaaaay, sitting even bigger stationary objects.

I have no idea how near instantaneous transmission weapons like lasers will work between EVE's ship sending an orbital bombardment, to the DUST player server and hitting the target location. Railguns and projectile weapons can be delayed, but lasers?
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #26 on: 26 Mar 2011, 16:46 »

damn I want that now. And those new turret animations...sexy sex. And if thats just the start of the new animations...do I hear new cyno effects around the corner?
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

scagga

• Everything for Vaari
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #27 on: 26 Mar 2011, 17:36 »

Here, and I suppose silodosin could be the treatment of choice for you old chap.

scagga

• Everything for Vaari
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #28 on: 26 Mar 2011, 17:37 »

Oh and this russian trailer was referred to by the OP's link, pretty cool too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0de23zn-Syg&feature=relmfu

scagga

• Everything for Vaari
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #29 on: 26 Mar 2011, 17:43 »

NEW FEATURE FOR DREADNOUGHTS yaaaay, sitting even bigger stationary objects.

I have no idea how near instantaneous transmission weapons like lasers will work between EVE's ship sending an orbital bombardment, to the DUST player server and hitting the target location. Railguns and projectile weapons can be delayed, but lasers?

I think that an alternative way of transmitting the orbital bombardment would be more like Call of Duty 4, where you 'gain' and option for calling in a helicopter to ruin your enemy's day at certain points in the game.

i.e. On the dust server you'd be on the battlefield and the 'activate bombardment' option would become available after a set amount of actions had taken place on the battlefield, as well as a set number of actions on the EvE server, opening the 'window' for bombardment.  This would mean that whilst on the EvE server it would appear that the dreadnoughts were sitting there firing away, on the dust server it would appear as coordinated strikes that occured when the dust commander clicked the 'activate bombardment' option.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7