Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That naturalist cafes on space stations go to great lengths to create the illusion that one is not in space? (The Burning Life, p. 62)

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: NOH  (Read 6816 times)

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
NOH
« on: 19 Apr 2010, 09:04 »

Nugoeihuvi has some interesting RP possibilities.

It focuses on the entertainment industry (though given it is a Megacorp it no doubt does many other things too.) It is known for often skirting the edge of the law, which as a Megacorp has to mean some pretty serious shenanigans.

It is also 'global' with many stations in places like the Republic and Syndicate.

Few interesting news items:

Caldari Wildlife Preserve in Legal Dispute

NOH Executives Divert Essential Supplies

NOH Attempts to Trademark Ev0ke for use on Merchandise
« Last Edit: 15 Jun 2013, 19:53 by Silver Night »

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
Re: NOH
« Reply #1 on: 19 Apr 2010, 10:13 »

I have picked up a few interesting entries on Nugoeihuvifrom the Caldari epic arc.

I remember the entry in the epic arc journal, if you complete the arc siding with Nugoeihuvi, about how surprising it was that the NOH agent would hand you the reminder of the budget for your contract instead of keeping it for himself, and that perhaps NOH not was so bad after all.
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #2 on: 19 Apr 2010, 14:40 »

You guys think that maybe each Mega has internal entertainment stuff, but NOH stuff might be fairly pervasive too?

Maybe NOH is regarded (in this narrow context) as 'better' than most of the 'home' Mega's material?

Nakatre Read

• Resident Angel
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #3 on: 19 Apr 2010, 15:32 »

It's been a while since I did the Caldari COSMOS part that involved NOH, and I also ran some missions for them at some point. Their background appealed to me, and I was looking for a way to tie it into my Cartel RP somehow. Unfortunately, other than the obvious 'below the counter' operations and entertainment industry, I haven't found anything of use yet.

But perhaps I'm just not looking hard enough.

Dex_Kivuli

• Dex 2.11b
  • Egger
« Reply #4 on: 19 Apr 2010, 19:47 »

There is also this gem, which makes me go all 'conspiracy theory':
http://www.eveonline.com/news.asp?a=single&nid=3802&tid=6

NOH were the ones making the documentary... I can't help but suspect that NOH are trying to set up conflict between the Patriots and the Liberals (since NOH are Practicals). Underhanded of them.

But then again, perhaps I'm overthinking it. Maybe they were just making an honest documentary. Perhaps a spade really is just a spade.

Maybe it would be interesting for Kivuli to become a neurotic Ishukone who sees internal threats behind every action.

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #5 on: 19 Apr 2010, 23:15 »

COLD-WING are NOH aligned.

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #6 on: 20 Apr 2010, 00:12 »

A recent deal between a Swedish and a North Korean company reminds me a lot of the ´State. Can't remember the exact details, but it was a marketing idea to sell jeans made in North Korea. The biggest textile manufacturer didn't want the deal, but another manufacturer named Factory n:o 9 or something very Ostalgic like that took the deal. Their main business was mining, but they also had a few other businesses as well. Part of the deal, they required stuff like Adobe Acrobat to be able to read the docs sent to them from Sweden etc., and at one point asked if the retailers in Sweden could send them zinc-processing equipment.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #7 on: 26 Jul 2010, 22:02 »

Anyone know more about NOH's criminal connections?

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #8 on: 26 Jul 2010, 22:28 »

From Masks of Authority
Internal Security, the Nugoeihuvi Corporation's force, poses a curious irony in this regard. Though the Nugoeihuvi conglomerate’s main preoccupation is the entertainment industry, they have consistently failed to change the prevalent cultural image of their troops as a pack of rough-and-tumble thugs culled from the Caldari underworld, given to the grossest abuses and atrocities. It’s very rare for elements of the Caldari State to find the rumor mill outgrinding them in their efforts at propaganda, but that’s what’s happening to Nugoeihuvi. (In reality, for the record, Nugoeihuvi’s soldiers are not any more or less savage than those of the other corporate forces, though broadly speaking they have been noted to harbor a slightly greater proclivity toward drink and drugs.)
Lots of neat tid-bits of info in there.

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.
« Reply #9 on: 26 Jul 2010, 23:21 »

I need to visit the other sections of this forum more often.

Anyone know more about NOH's criminal connections?

I would guess anyone, mostly because its simple. Some of their connections may be aligned against the State, but the way I see NOH is that if theyre making a profit they dont really care that much as long as they dont get caught or at the very least have plausible deniability.

Given that they have stations in all four empires the door on that one is pretty open. Syndicate, Serpentis, Angel Cartel all make good sense. Even the Guristas arent really out of the question, and are probably at the top of the list tbh. I dont see much connection to the Blood Raiders or Sanshas Nation, but I dont really know much about either of those groups, so I may be missing something.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon

Boma Airaken

• Egger
« Reply #10 on: 27 Jul 2010, 05:03 »

I have done Caldari and Gallente COSMOS, as well as the Guristas and Angel Cartel agentsin Caldari COSMOS, and frankly, if you want to have a metric fuckton of fun with Caldari RP, NOH is the ripest apple in the basket.

Benjamin Shepherd

« Reply #11 on: 28 Jul 2010, 01:33 »

I'd imagine NOH having connections to various pirate cartels, in the way that the American Mafia conducted business with Hollywood execs and political figures.

Also, this guy:

Bonus points if you guess what movie this villain is from, and how amazingly perfect he would be as NOH's CEO. And how he somehow looks like my character.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #12 on: 28 Jul 2010, 07:40 »

"Tomorrow Never Dies" - he plays the CEO of the News Agency.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #13 on: 28 Jul 2010, 08:07 »

And he's largely (or at least partly) based on Rupert Murdoch.

Benjamin Shepherd

« Reply #14 on: 28 Jul 2010, 11:49 »

Fox News = entertainment / news, NOH = criminal activities + entertainment.
b
« Last Edit: 28 Jul 2010, 11:59 by Benjamin Shepherd »
Pages: [1] 2 3