Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Amarrian "godflesh" taboo forbids against cloning? Until YC119, anyway!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Your opinions on the appropriateness of this gesture, please.  (Read 15267 times)

Ulphus

• Bitter dried flower
  • Pod Captain

Ok, so from what I understand here, you think that liberal RPs are happily cuddling with sansha loyalists just because they are allowed to walk in their public RP locations ?

I'm not Miz, but I think there are people who want RP (any RP) badly enough that they have their characters be very tolerant of opposing factions so they don't have to miss out on RP with people who some people might expect they would normally not talk to. I'm Ok with that, I don't want to play that way, but their way is not wrong.

What annoys me is people saying that I am damaging the RP community by not wanting to do social RP with people from opposing factions.

« Last Edit: 26 Mar 2011, 15:26 by Ulphus »
Adult to 4y.o "Your shoes are on the wrong feet"
Long pause
4y.o to adult, in plaintive voice "I don't have any other feet!"

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.

Ok, so from what I understand here, you think that liberal RPs are happily cuddling with sansha loyalists just because they are allowed to walk in their public RP locations ?

I'm not Miz, but I think there are people who want RP (any RP) badly enough that they have their characters be very tolerant of opposing factions so they don't have to miss out on RP with people who some people might expect they would normally not talk to. I'm Ok with that, I don't want to play that way, but their way is not wrong.

What annoys me is people saying that I am damaging the RP community by not wanting to do social RP with people from opposing factions.

Mostly this.

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain

We walk between Mizhara on one side and Ashar on the other...

Lyn Farel

I see. Well, I have a character that thinks she is above most of the factions (even if she works inside of one), so she will not refuse any talk with opposite factions. Anyway, speaking with minmatars openly when being an amarr is nothing weird for liberals, but for Sansha like hostile entities, I can see the point. Anyway, she will never look for a talk by herself, or only if she has enough curiosity for something specific.

And that does not mean she will like them more, at the contrary.

Of course I don't know which characters you have in mind but I think you are going a little too fast in accusations, unless you have already taken the time to speak with the involved players to understand what are their reasons, and if they are worth it.

Mostly this.

Mostly, but not all of it ?

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.

No, it doesn't cover all of it, but close enough.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]