Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That light pits, used to hold ships in place, are filled with complex electronic equipment, have no safety boundaries, and are lit with a dim blue light when not in use? (The Burning Life p. 77)

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Hidden Symbology  (Read 7973 times)

Amann Karris

Re: Hidden Symbology
« Reply #15 on: 12 Mar 2011, 02:05 »

This is getting silly.
Maybe.

Then again, what's crazier; that the Jove left their own people to die and nothing was ever heard from them again, or that those that were abandoned fought tooth and nail against their fate?

Furthermore, if you had access to technology that could:

A.  Keep your body intact (or at least genetic samples)
B.  Download your mind into a machine that would keep you safe and (possibly) entertained
C.  Be able to preserve yourself for a long, long time this way

Would you take a chance of that long sleep -- an unending dream -- with a snowball's chance in hell of waking up as opposed to dying?

There's only one possible explanation, given the evidence; either the evidence is incomplete, or the inevitable conclusion I have reached is the most likely scenario.

These then are the two points that I wanted to make. First, that human beings, all over the earth, have this curious idea that they ought to behave in a certain way, and cannot really get rid of it. Secondly, that they do not in fact behave in that way. They know the Law of Nature; they break it. These two facts are the foundation of all clear thinking about ourselves and the universe we live in.
-C. S. Lewis
The Jove are human.  Therefore, they are capable of going against their nature.  We have evidence of this.  Would they preserve themselves if they had the chance?  Would they take a chance at preservation as opposed to letting themselves die?

Also, parting shot:
Dagan (from the SoE Epic Arc) is The Broker.  That may or may not be a serious theory.  :P

Edit: Also, what's the biggest revelation?  Everyone in New Eden are descended from Terran colonists.  What happened after they colonized though, that's the big mystery.
« Last Edit: 12 Mar 2011, 02:06 by Amann Karris »

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #16 on: 12 Mar 2011, 04:50 »

Enheduanna was a priestess of Inanna, whose sign was an eight-pointed star.

Careful Now >.>

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #17 on: 12 Mar 2011, 07:30 »

What I love about the conspiracy theorist mindset, is that they see tigers in all of the bushes.

The base of the Angels is at the home of the Jovians first and second Empire.

They saw the jovian symbols all over the place, being scavengers by nature they adopted it.

When it comes to the other symbols... there are several symbols that can be found in all societies that have similar significance.

Swastika, triangle pointed down, circle, bull horns, all that.

Some people say that its a clear indication that we have had extra-terrestial involvement in our development as species.
Some say that these symbols have supernatural significance and think they can harness magic by learning them.
There is even 'chariots of fire' in all sorts of mythologies all over the world, that means that there is UFOs afoot.

The simplest explanation is the simplest.

Our pattern recognition as a species works in a certain way.

We look at the clouds and see shapes in them.
We look at the constellations in the stars and see shapes in them.
We hear rustling in the bushes and believe that there is tigers in there.

For a species which is pretty much completely helpless against any predatory creature out there, only way to survive was to find patterns that would indicate danger so that you could run away from it even before the attack happened.

We have evolved to see tigers in the bushes.

Well, it does not mean that the underlying mathematical principles of evolution do not create similar patterns across plantlife and animal kingdom.

But it does not mean that there is intelligent design, UFOs or magic involved.

It's just your mind playing tricks on you.

Of course its fun to play around with your own mind patterns, but its easier with hallucinogenics and more likely to get you laid.

I really should eat breakfast before coming to the forums.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #18 on: 12 Mar 2011, 08:06 »

What you said applies to reality, which doesn't have an intelligent designer. It does not apply to Eve Online, which was designed from the ground-up with an over-arching storyline, by fairly intelligent Icelandic geeks, the aspects of which we're only beginning to understand now. So it's entirely possible that they seeded common design - breadcrumbs to follow - throughout the plot.

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #19 on: 12 Mar 2011, 08:13 »

One of two things is true.

1). CCP is just awful enough at writing plot, structuring their universe, and working with literary devices that they would make some kind of overarching, outer space Freemasons-style conspiracy.

2). A creator decided to use a downward facing, triangular structure for more than one symbol.

An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

hellgremlin

• Pod Captain
« Reply #20 on: 12 Mar 2011, 08:19 »

The end of Eve was written before Eve Online began. Of this I am 100% certain.

Hence my efforts of trying to decipher what that end will be :F

lallara zhuul

• Veteran
« Reply #21 on: 12 Mar 2011, 08:26 »

Dawwwwww... Thats cute :D

hellgremlin

• Pod Captain
« Reply #22 on: 12 Mar 2011, 08:31 »

LAUGH ALL YOU WANT!

We'll see who's laughing when the Enheduanni come for our precious bodily fluids!

lallara zhuul

• Veteran
« Reply #23 on: 12 Mar 2011, 08:40 »

You do know that easiest way to keep players interested and jumping at shadows is to be vague and make some insignificant detail seem important in some way.

Done that for years as a GM, and the theories, conclusions and 'facts' keep them occupied.

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #24 on: 12 Mar 2011, 08:44 »

LAUGH ALL YOU WANT!

We'll see who's laughing when the Enheduanni come for our precious bodily fluids!

Mandrake... have you ever seen an Enheduanni drink a glass of water?

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
Will never happen to you

hellgremlin

• Pod Captain
« Reply #25 on: 12 Mar 2011, 09:05 »

You do know that easiest way to keep players interested and jumping at shadows is to be vague and make some insignificant detail seem important in some way.

Done that for years as a GM, and the theories, conclusions and 'facts' keep them occupied.
You do know that jumping at shadows is pretty fun, right?

If I knew everything about Eve's future right now, that fun would end in that very instant.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #26 on: 12 Mar 2011, 09:13 »

You do know that jumping at shadows is pretty fun, right?

If I knew everything about Eve's future right now, that fun would end in that very instant.

honestly this. Everyone's facedesking for us making tin foil theories and quoting Inception, but its fun, so does it really need to get anywhere? can't we just have our fun?
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #27 on: 12 Mar 2011, 09:21 »

honestly this. Everyone's facedesking for us making tin foil theories and quoting Inception, but its fun, so does it really need to get anywhere? can't we just have our fun?

I does not need to lead anywhere at all!  Please have your fun! Some of us are enjoying reading your theories.

Eve Online...was designed from the ground-up with an over-arching storyline, by fairly intelligent Icelandic geeks

This may require a bit of caution in understanding the universe.  There may be links to classic SciFi Literature or the like.

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #28 on: 12 Mar 2011, 09:24 »

Everyone is free to have their fun. It doesn't mean that posting on a public site exempts people from creative critique or skeptical commentary. See; rogue drones, fiction pieces, Jovians, etc.

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
Will never happen to you

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #29 on: 12 Mar 2011, 10:22 »

For the record, when I make an Inception joke in threads like this, I do it out of pure love. I'm having fun reading this stuff, too. <3 <3 <3 (Yes, even for Istvaan :P )
Pages: 1 [2] 3