Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [RHO] Contract for the creation of a 0.0 system holding alliance  (Read 1757 times)

Saikoyu

• Omelette

OOC: While this will eventually become an IC document over on the main forums, I wanted to start this here, just to see what people thought before I gave it the acid test.  And anyone can consider this an open invite if they want to join.  Also, I'll be editing this later as I manage to find the correct numbers for some things, if you have any suggestions in that please let me know. 

This is a contract for a group of corporations to start an alliance with the purpose of claiming a null sec system and creating there a base of operations for both pod pilots and any colonists who wish to live in that system.  Any expansion beyond this first system will be the subject of a second contract to be written at that time.  This is not to become rich, or to scam others out of isk and ships.  This contract is to create a home, both for us, and those who crew our ships and work our factories.  One as far away from the violence and hate of the empires as possible, but one we will fight to defend if necessary. 

The alliance will only be formed after the choosing of a system in null sec space to the satisfaction of all prospective member corporations. 

The alliance will only be formed after the combined assets of the prospective member corporations equal the combined amount needed for the creation of the alliance plus the amount to claim the system, protect the system, run the system for one month, and create one permanent station in the chosen system.  Until the alliance is to be formed, each corporation will retain all assets to be used for the alliance.  If at the time of the alliance formation a corporation cannot meet its stated contribution, it will be expected to make up the difference in as short amount of time as possible.  If a corporation no longer wishes to create the alliance before the alliance itself is created, it may leave at any time with no penalties.

The alliance will only be formed when the combined membership of all prospective corporations reaches 150 or more active members.  An active member is defined as a pilot who is active for at least 7 hours per week. 

The alliance, once formed, will form a council corporation to manage the alliance, with one representative from each corporation, one to represent planetside defenses and operations (as necessary), and one more elected from the combined membership of the alliance to represent any colonists.  Each representative must have at least 6 months of active piloting time overall to be qualified for the council.  The alliance council will meet at least weekly (or more often as necessary) to discuss alliance policy and other matters as needed.

Each corporation will be free to conduct itself as they see fit, provided they do not violate alliance policy or any alliance negotiated treaty or war.

The alliance will not operate under a blue system.  Rather, it will operate under universal Do Not Shoot First rules.  The alliance members will only open fire on declared war targets or to defend itself.  The only exception to this will be pilots the alliance council has deemed traitors to the alliance.  These pilots will be listed as Kill On Sight.

The alliance will also operate as nonaggressive towards its neighbors, in order to secure safe passage to empire space and reduce un-necessary wars.  The alliance will only attack its neighbors if its space is invaded, or if a neighbor is found to be conducting an action the alliance council finds morally offensive.  Any declared war will take place away from the alliances home system(s). 

Corporations may join in this contract if they meet the following requirements:

• No member of any corporation may engage in aggressive warfare outside of an alliance declared war.  Any member of a corporation may defend himself or another alliance member from attack until the attacking ships are driven off.  Any member involved in such an action must report it to a diplomat as soon as possible and post details to the alliance killboard. 
  • No member of any corporation may engage in buying, selling, or trading in or for slaves, unless as directed under the New Life program for the slaves’ freedom.  Acts of slave trading prior to the formation of the alliance will not bar entry. 
  • Each corporation must contribute to the creation and the upkeep of the alliance and alliance owned stations and services.  After the initial donations for creation, each corporation is expected to contribute an equal amount according to the number of members in the corporation.  (ex: if the alliance has 100 members, a corporation with 30 members would contribute 30 percent of the total amount to maintain the alliance)  The alliance will only store as much isk as is necessary for the current month of operation plus one additional month for reserves (in the council corporation).  All other assets will be the property of the corporation that owns or creates them, and the corporation will decide to lend them to the alliance use if they wish (starbases, ships, ship replacement programs, etc). 
  • Corporations who wish to join the alliance after the initial formation will only be required to contribute to the upkeep of the alliance after they join. 
  • Each corporation will be expected to participate in the defense of the system, and to that end, each corporation is expected to work towards fielding at least one capital ship, or provide assets to another alliance corporation for that corporation to fly the ship.   

Major JSilva

I wish you good luck with your null sec ventures and hopefully you'll find a nice place to settle down. Just an observational note about your alliance leadership.

Democratic "councils" of sov holding alliances in 0.0 have happened in the past. The only problem is that they have all failed since decisions couldn't be made fast enough in terms of defense or offense not to mention day to day operations. Space communism seems to be the way of 0.0 these days :)

Silva
« Last Edit: 25 Mar 2011, 03:56 by Major JSilva »

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.

Have you considered starting off small, e.g. in W-space?

Major JSilva

Have you considered starting off small, e.g. in W-space?

Actually This is an excellent idea. If you can manage to survive in w-space, you can survive in null no problem. plus you won't have to deal with the Sov politics and supercarriers/titans and CTA's....also gives you get a could chance to build up some fund and manage POS work.

Aodha Khan

Actually This is an excellent idea. If you can manage to survive in w-space, you can survive in null no problem.

0.0 has big alliances with cap fleets. Those can't get into wormholes to destroy your POS.

:bash:

Saikoyu

• Omelette

JSilva, by "Space communism" I assume you mean the soviet version, with one leader, and they rest equal under him/her?  Or actual communism?

The one fear I always have about W-space is finding the system again consistantly to ship in supplies.  I suppose I should HTFU if everyone keeps telling me to go there first. 

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.

That's what teamwork is for... you have a scanner that stays inside. I'm sure actual W-space denizens have more specific advice. :)

Graanvlokkie

That's what teamwork is for... you have a scanner that stays inside. I'm sure actual W-space denizens have more specific advice. :)

Living in WH space is pure win. I spent a year in WH space with my fellow Sansha RP'ers before we decided join a larger corp and move out to 0.0 sec for a change in pace. It is something I will go back to. Nothing builds corp unity more than planning logistic runs to get needed supplies :)

To the OP ... I like the doccument produced as it gives clear direction.