Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Electus Matari lost over 400 members at the start of its war with PIE Inc?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: "Modern" FW  (Read 3328 times)

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
"Modern" FW
« on: 04 Mar 2011, 08:34 »

I have been out of FW for a while, but can Amarr/Minmatar capture Gallente/Caldari plexes?  and if it happened on the other front, I wasn't watching.

Seriphyn's recent propaganda (here) seems to read that way.  Props to Seriphyn by the way for stirring the old pot.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
Re: "Modern" FW
« Reply #1 on: 04 Mar 2011, 08:43 »

Yes, Amarr can capture Gallente, etc. etc.

Vikarion

« Reply #2 on: 04 Mar 2011, 08:56 »

Yes, we use this tactic regularly. It's perfectly legal and CCP has stated as much.

Invelious

• Reshjvajarr Man
  • Omelette
  • Plays the Roll
« Reply #3 on: 04 Mar 2011, 09:02 »

Only plexs though. Amarr could not seige Gall bunkers or vice versa.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #4 on: 04 Mar 2011, 09:32 »

Yes, it was feeling dead between Gallente/Caldari recently, so I figured the best way to incite everything and remind people of the war was an outright "IC propaganda" trollpost. Also, Dex's reply made be consider that an interesting justification for the STPRO going into Intaki is to guarantee Ishukone's investment.

It also brings up the question of who controls Caldari Navy in that system. In fact, I bet Ishukone can say "No, you are not allowed to touch anything" to them. Even if under Federal Law, Ishukone controls shipping, under State Law, they "own" the system, so...

Regarding the loophole, yes, that's a problem, but CCP does not regard it was an exploit yet, mostly because they've abandoned FW for the timebeing for the next "shiney" projects. I imagine some people might find it fine because it's working to their advantage, but if it was the other way around, then a different tune will be sung. It is unfair, it is stupid, but those are two words to sum up EVE I suppose.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #5 on: 04 Mar 2011, 09:55 »

I don't think it's a loophole at all. To my understanding, this part of FW functions "as designed". One can certainly debate whether the design meets the goals, but that strikes me as a substantially different discussion.

Vikarion

« Reply #6 on: 04 Mar 2011, 09:59 »

Regarding the loophole, yes, that's a problem, but CCP does not regard it was an exploit yet, mostly because they've abandoned FW for the timebeing for the next "shiney" projects. I imagine some people might find it fine because it's working to their advantage, but if it was the other way around, then a different tune will be sung. It is unfair, it is stupid, but those are two words to sum up EVE I suppose.

It's not a loophole. It's been explicitly stated to be an intentional part of game mechanics. I believe it was even noted in a Dev blog that cross-capturing was intended. In essence, it's so that factional allies can help each other. We simply put it to good use.

tongue-in-cheek/ Next I suppose you'll be pointing out the loophole of Caldari FWers being able to orbit Gallente timers /end tongue-in-cheek

Seriphyn

• Demigod
« Reply #7 on: 04 Mar 2011, 10:29 »

Cross-capturing is fine. It's the issue that no NPCs spawn if you are cross-capturing. You meaning to tell me that the best way to actually capture direct enemy systems is to hop to allied militia? Minmatar offensive plexers should join Gallente, and vice versa, in order to capture Amarr and Caldari systems respectively?

That does not sound intended at all.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #8 on: 04 Mar 2011, 12:58 »

Nice IGS post Seriphyn.  I have a lot of empathy for you RP faction warriors who keep fighting with no IC support from ccp on any front, or rather any bug fixes or feature revamps to speak of.   

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #9 on: 04 Mar 2011, 15:21 »

Yes, we use this tactic regularly. It's perfectly legal and CCP has stated as much.

we acknowledge it is considered legal by CCP, however there are some issues with NPC spawns and sometimes bugged timers when performing captures with an "allied" FW faction.

Afaik, one can use a Caldari+Amarr pilots to enter a plex, but leave the Amarr pilot to avoid any respawns.....i might be misinformed....but its a very annoying thing that there is "undesirable" behavior when cross-capturing in FW.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #10 on: 04 Mar 2011, 17:35 »

I love it when I have to bend mechanics and break immersion in order to help my faction.

It just makes me so fucking happy.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

DosTuMai

• Dirty Pirate Bitch
  • Omelette
  • Yarrr~~
    • Ravings of a Lunatic
« Reply #11 on: 07 Mar 2011, 08:16 »

I'll give it a try when I reactivate Dossie, might be fun capping some shiney golden outposts.
do { aLittleDance(); make(aLittleLove&); cin.get(down); } while(tonight);
Quote from: Raynman37
Go down to the end, take a left at etc and you should see usr right there in front of you.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
« Reply #12 on: 07 Mar 2011, 08:46 »

We had a LOT of fun...was very much old skool 2008 FW, PvP with no prior knowledge of each other's abilities or tactics.

Taunting a historic RP corp before my time FTW :3

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #13 on: 07 Mar 2011, 11:29 »

Look, ma, I got a reason to post in-character as Mithfindel.

Admitted, due to his background, he has a bit of a more pointy view than I do on the content of Seriphyn's post.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #14 on: 07 Mar 2011, 22:54 »

[mod]Removed some posts. Please avoid posting flamebait and stay on-topic.[/mod]
Pages: [1] 2