Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The True Slaves are loyal, implant controlled slave troops of Sansha Kuvakei? Moar here.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Event timing (how often do you participate?)  (Read 2827 times)

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
Re: Event timing (how often do you participate?)
« Reply #15 on: 12 Jun 2013, 10:14 »

Rarely. They're usually the small hours of the morning for me. For something big (like Caldari Prime) I stay up.
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

Ollie

• Egger
« Reply #16 on: 12 Jun 2013, 19:10 »

To answer the actual question, however: rarely, because I have a job and live in the US. Live events are currently extremely schedule-unfriendly to anyone who lives outside of Europe, people who live in the US and works the normal 8/9 to 4/5 shift, or Australians/NZers who have normal sleep schedules.

Australians/NZers in general :) But otherwise, yeah.

Gwen Ikiryo

• Omelette
« Reply #17 on: 12 Jun 2013, 19:20 »

I keep incredibly peculiar hours that appear to directly confict with the times CCP feels like running these things, so I miss the vast majority of events. I tried to stay up for the battle for Caldari Prime, but actually fell asleep while on grid. :s

It's okay though - I incorperated it into my roleplay.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #18 on: 12 Jun 2013, 21:14 »

1. Makkal lives in null.

2. I live in the USA and have a job.

I have never made it to a live event.

Same

Steffanie Saissore

• Knight Commander (in training)
  • Omelette
  • Lawful Good Pirate
    • Ebon Rose Forum
« Reply #19 on: 12 Jun 2013, 21:42 »

First time player, however, depending on when it happens I'll have to miss it due to being in GMT-7 time zone.  If is on the weekend, I might try to.
"And if the music stops, there's only the sound of the rain.  All the hope and glory, all the sacrifice in vain.  And if love remains though everything is lost, we will pay the price, but we will not count the cost."

Akrasjel Lanate

• Omelette
« Reply #20 on: 13 Jun 2013, 02:08 »

I would say rather often, but i live in middle of europe so the difference of time between me and Iceland is small (one or two hours depending on the part of the year).

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #21 on: 13 Jun 2013, 05:00 »

I live in the US. I have a job. I have made it to exactly 2 events, one which was done on a weekend, and one (Coleile) which I had come home early for other reasons anyway (would have been upset to miss this one!)

The rest? Not one.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #22 on: 13 Jun 2013, 09:55 »

As an Englander, I was present at at least 6 of the sansha incursion events, including Dodixie and Yulai.

I have been present for only a very few outside these however, something that makes me sad :(

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Creep

• Omelette
« Reply #23 on: 13 Jun 2013, 12:43 »

Not once, and I doubt I'd ever take part even if the event was on my schedule. Too many people, too much spam, too little content.

Saikoyu

• Omelette
« Reply #24 on: 13 Jun 2013, 12:50 »

Now, never, I'm not playing.

When I did play, I think I managed to make it to some of them.  I know I got in on one of the Slave carrier kills during the Shansha live events.  But overall, I usually never had time unless I specifically carved it out from something else. 

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #25 on: 13 Jun 2013, 13:29 »

I've yet to make it to an event. The only one I sort of participated in was the Battle of Caldari Prime--I was online when it happened, and listening to Summit chatter.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #26 on: 13 Jun 2013, 15:51 »

Few, but I have missed some events I could easily make it to on purpose, as they did not involve my toon's interests in any way. Yes, it would be cool to go to an event deep in the Empire and mess around, but my character don't care for messing with other's business unless it somehow involved the Fed/Intaki and/or it would be beneficial to the Republic. That last bit is likely going to change soon enough.

Other than that I actively try to avoid becoming a pest like the TS-F folks. Having no real events that revolves around the Sansha they seem to show up at any other event to be a bother and a fly on the wall. Fair enough, whatever floats your boat etc, but that's not my cup of tea, really.

There is a small chance the coming event regarding Heth can involve the Fed. IF so I'll try and be there and take part, but if not, I will actively ignore it.
Pages: 1 [2]