Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Adventures of White Lightning" is a Gallentean soap opera.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: IC Rogue Drones?  (Read 18407 times)

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
Re: IC Rogue Drones?
« Reply #75 on: 10 Apr 2011, 15:05 »

Disappointed. I sent a mail or two to the leader, I think it was, but never heard back.

(Still interested in working something out.)

Boma Airaken

• Egger
« Reply #76 on: 10 Apr 2011, 16:28 »

I had to leave the drones to do a little alliance tournament training, I plan to be back later.

Don't mean to sound like a dick Istvaan, but why bother? It kind of ran its course, and your mega-brain is probably more useful elsewhere.

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #77 on: 10 Apr 2011, 17:54 »

My megabrain is rather occupied with my new job, so I lack much time for Eve either way :|

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #78 on: 10 Apr 2011, 18:20 »

I'm having fun playing around with 42 in Intaki. It's cool.

Rok-Yuni

• Egger
« Reply #79 on: 11 Apr 2011, 14:12 »

well.. tried out my vexor fit.... it seems to be fine. now all i have to do is remember target priorities.... and turning the burner off when i'm in position... :S pvp n00b status... confirmed.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #80 on: 11 Apr 2011, 14:17 »

I wonder what drone RP you could do surrounding science, industry, and trade.

Or espionage.

Crucifire

« Reply #81 on: 11 Apr 2011, 14:37 »

From what I can tell that's a pretty okay Vexor fit, if you drop the proto cloak can you fit another EAN?

Still I was tickled to see that mail when I checked the RDS KB the other night. Get more fights going for them! Give ENTITY a run for their money.

Rok-Yuni

• Egger
« Reply #82 on: 13 Apr 2011, 05:55 »

yeah, the fit is fine... changed the cloak for another neut..

filled the lowslots, unfortunately.. :P

tbh, i'd probably have won had i remembered to do things in the right order (or at all) lol... i forgot to turn off my burner when i reached orbit distance, and forgot to target 42's drones as he popped them, so i was halfway through armour by the time they locked... lol

didn't think at that point i'd do as well as i did, but still got him down to about 40% armour.. and popped them irritating ogres.. lol

still learning.. but i'll get there. :)

perhaps RDS and Unit can give things another go one day, but for now the war has ended.. as of 23:40 sunday i think...

Boma Airaken

• Egger
« Reply #83 on: 14 Apr 2011, 00:22 »

The war ended because there was nothing to gain on either side. Honestly it would have been just as effective if it stayed on the forums.

However, this was a rough one for me as it was my first attempt at collaborative RP, and the taste it left in my mouth was rather similar to how I feel about "staged" RP wars in general.

If you want to "engineer" a scenario it has to work out for both parties. Flying to Yulai every time 40-something asked us to was a total pain, and we even flew out to Intaki on a few occasions only to find that TZ incompatibility totally killed it.

Not a single incursion into Saisio happened the whole time even though plenty of the non-GHSC folks could easily get there.

I am honestly not whining, I REALLY wanted this to go in an action packed super fun direction, but the street, it is two ways.

Crucifire

« Reply #84 on: 14 Apr 2011, 00:26 »

Hm, that's too bad.

Boma Airaken

• Egger
« Reply #85 on: 14 Apr 2011, 01:10 »

I could definetly be being a negative nancy for no reason on this one Crucifire. Here is my totally objective opinion:

1. GHSC brought too much too fast to the endeavor causing a really nasty force multiplier, resulting in my gaggle of noobs dropping like flies. I don't have a huge problem with this, but it resulted in part in #2.

2. RP fell by the wayside of immediate action to satisfy the more elite members of RDS. Bloodlust ruined the story.

Now NEITHER of these is bad for a corporation, especially and RP corporation, in theory. What we ended up with was a long drop and a short stop for the story FOR NOW. No permanent damage was done, but everyone interacting with RDS is now "meh" as far as I can tell.

Ambition can be good and it can be bad. Trust me, I know. Achur seperatism and all that.

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #86 on: 14 Apr 2011, 16:04 »

1. GHSC brought too much too fast to the endeavor causing a really nasty force multiplier, resulting in my gaggle of noobs dropping like flies. I don't have a huge problem with this, but it resulted in part in #2.
We couldn't have been THAT scary. :|

Boma Airaken

• Egger
« Reply #87 on: 16 Apr 2011, 03:42 »

You weren't, but we played by what we thought were the "rules".

We were perfectly happy to bring rifters and AF's based on RDS's advertised MO in their AO.

Another problem with "staged rp".

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #88 on: 16 Apr 2011, 17:07 »

Vieve

« Reply #89 on: 16 Apr 2011, 21:36 »

I swear, if people don't stop calling them ROUGE DRONES on the IGS, I'm going to reactivate Celeste and have her sue a major cosmetics conglomerate on the behalf of the people of the cluster.

Something must be done about makeup applicator robots running amok!

Ahem.   Never mind me.  Please carry on.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9