Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Sukuuvestaa megacorporation owns as much as 1/3 of all real estate in the Caldari State, and is considered one of the State's most ruthless corporations?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: IC Rogue Drones?  (Read 18402 times)

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
Re: IC Rogue Drones?
« Reply #60 on: 09 Mar 2011, 19:56 »

I'm really enjoying keeping an eye on this whole thing.

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #61 on: 09 Mar 2011, 20:27 »

I'm going to attribute my dislike to being way too early of a bitter man and a cynic. But there's such a fine line between "fun" RP, and "quirkiness for the sake of being quirky."

And the latter of the two doesn't add to the atmosphere at all.
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #62 on: 09 Mar 2011, 20:33 »

Given how many people think it's fun... maybe it's just a question of taste.

I doubt I'd ever join up, myself. But there are plenty of other ways to RP with a group, right? ;)

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #63 on: 09 Mar 2011, 21:15 »

Well I mean, ignoring might be the wrong choice. I think if their incursion into Placid keeps up, I won't have a choice soon enough. XD

Of course it's a matter of taste, all RP is a matter of taste. But this thread, I presume, was made to see what the public opinion of rogue drone capsuleers was.

And that's my public opinion. I don't think it's reasonable, especially not for a piece of ordinance. But, like always, jack-all I can do, or would try to do, to change it. Simply my opinion.

What I'll do when they're competing for space in Placid, well. I guess I'll have to grab some creativity cola of my own and get to work.
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Cmdr Baxter

• "The Old Man"
  • Egger
    • The Synenose Accord
« Reply #64 on: 09 Mar 2011, 21:50 »

I doubt I'd ever join up, myself. But there are plenty of other ways to RP with a group, right? ;)
Indeed. I know we're being moderately entertained by this over in SYNE. It's not like we're going to wardec them but the RP is giving us something to watch. And for a corp built around RP that's a good thing.

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #65 on: 10 Mar 2011, 23:15 »

Well, I just had the most fun I've had in years. This corp is awesome.

Decided to go hunting. Put another corpmate on a locator agent. Pinged a name in the enemy alliance. The bloodlust took hold. The same bloodkillmurderfucklust that held me in such complete sway from 2004-2006. 17 systems to travel. That's nothing. I'll be there in a heartbeat.

Here you are, little bomber. There you *go,* little bomber. Off you run, little pod. Next target. Another name. Another green square in my addressbook. He's online. 13 systems. I'll be there before you can blink.

I'm there. So's he. So are two of the corpies. He just came from the system we came in through. Here's the plan, boys. Two of us hold on this gate - if he warps to zero, you tackle and force him through. I'll jump through right after and get him on the other side.

No good. He sees us in system. He's either somewhere safe, or somewhere unreachable. Perhaps a different approach. "We mean you no harm," says the mass murderer. The quarry falls for it. "Planet 1" says the mass murderer, and the quarry warps to planet 1... 100km away. Smart. He's being cautious. But he's not paying attention to the random newbie flying around. I invite him to my fleet. I tell him to MWD 50km behind my target relative to my position. 150km total range. Just enough to warp. I warp 50km to the newbie, landing directly on top of the second target.

From his perspective, a deadly ship just crossed a distance of 100km in a second. The Picard maneuver.

He cannot react in time. Even if he could, my range to him is 25% the range of my warp disruptor. Another hull burns. Another pod flees.

Unffffff.

Jev North

« Reply #66 on: 11 Mar 2011, 02:39 »

Unffffff.
:hands over moist towelette:

There's nothing quite like it, no?

Kudos to the rogue drones and their players. I'm feeling a slight pang of regret at being otherwise occupied, but who knows what may come..

Boma Airaken

• Egger
« Reply #67 on: 11 Mar 2011, 08:00 »

Well, I just had the most fun I've had in years. This corp is awesome.

Decided to go hunting. Put another corpmate on a locator agent. Pinged a name in the enemy alliance. The bloodlust took hold. The same bloodkillmurderfucklust that held me in such complete sway from 2004-2006. 17 systems to travel. That's nothing. I'll be there in a heartbeat.

Here you are, little bomber. There you *go,* little bomber. Off you run, little pod. Next target. Another name. Another green square in my addressbook. He's online. 13 systems. I'll be there before you can blink.

I'm there. So's he. So are two of the corpies. He just came from the system we came in through. Here's the plan, boys. Two of us hold on this gate - if he warps to zero, you tackle and force him through. I'll jump through right after and get him on the other side.

No good. He sees us in system. He's either somewhere safe, or somewhere unreachable. Perhaps a different approach. "We mean you no harm," says the mass murderer. The quarry falls for it. "Planet 1" says the mass murderer, and the quarry warps to planet 1... 100km away. Smart. He's being cautious. But he's not paying attention to the random newbie flying around. I invite him to my fleet. I tell him to MWD 50km behind my target relative to my position. 150km total range. Just enough to warp. I warp 50km to the newbie, landing directly on top of the second target.

From his perspective, a deadly ship just crossed a distance of 100km in a second. The Picard maneuver.

He cannot react in time. Even if he could, my range to him is 25% the range of my warp disruptor. Another hull burns. Another pod flees.

Unffffff.

Istvaan, I was banned when you posted you what to do thread, and honestly was in the same boat. Back to basics. You figured it out and now you are having fun. So am I. And that is SO what it is all about.

WE are making the dream happen. Bringing it back to the rage and the heartbeat and the "HOLY SHIT WE ARE OUTNUMBERED 30:1 AND NOW THEY ARE FLYING AN ARMY OF CURSES WHAT THE FUCK DO WE DO!?!?!?!?!?!".

Thank you for helping me get my game back, and I hope it is working for you as well.

THIS is what EVE should be.

Crucifire

« Reply #68 on: 11 Mar 2011, 14:30 »

Welcome back to pee vee pee guys.

Bataav

• Egger
    • Intaki Liberation Front
« Reply #69 on: 16 Mar 2011, 07:25 »

It occurred to me today that the term "Toaster" isn't just from BSG.

People in space have used the term for faulty AI across the generations and galaxies... behold:

Toasty Linkage

:D
#FreeIntaki | #IntakiPride

hellgremlin

• Pod Captain
« Reply #70 on: 16 Mar 2011, 09:41 »

The infestation... spreads...

Cmdr Baxter

• "The Old Man"
  • Egger
    • The Synenose Accord
« Reply #71 on: 16 Mar 2011, 16:18 »

The infestation... spreads...
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r67/S_Baxter2064/Humor/StarTrekHumor2.jpg

Sorry, childish I know, but I couldn't resist. It was so tempting...

Boma Airaken

• Egger
« Reply #72 on: 10 Apr 2011, 02:49 »

It got old super fast.

I was cooperating with the whole thing because I found it fun. Well, too much hunting and not enough being hunted turned it sour pretty fast.

If you are going to wardec me, and I am game to play with you, at least throw me the defenders advantage now and again. Not whining, just giving a heads up to people.

If you want to do an RP war, outside of the forums, where you outnumber your opponent like 20 to 1, bring a fight every now and then.

All in all I think it is a great idea and I hope it keeps kicking.

hellgremlin

• Pod Captain
« Reply #73 on: 10 Apr 2011, 06:13 »

I had to leave the drones to do a little alliance tournament training, I plan to be back later.

Crucifire

« Reply #74 on: 10 Apr 2011, 14:54 »

Sounds like it got stale and quiet on the drone front this past month or so. I still like the idea and will maybe be back if it picks up again, but as it stands my drone account's sub ran out and got biomassed like I do with all my throw away accounts.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9