Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The system Old Man Star is named for the lone crew member who survived a sub-light trip there to set up a stargate?

Author Topic: Krusual tribe information sought.  (Read 1406 times)

Aassakaa

• Clonejack
Krusual tribe information sought.
« on: 19 Feb 2011, 18:40 »

Hello. First post. It's good to see some familiar names here.

Anyway, what information/canon do we have on this particular tribe? The answer would seem to indicate next-to-nothing at best. My character is a self-proclaimed Krusual 'Half-blood' (representing a fudge -she's technically of the Sebiestor bloodline) simply because upon arrival in EVE a few years ago, the idea of 'being' a bastard child of two rival tribes seemed to be a fun idea, that is, belittled by both tribal rivals, and having no place to go, she had better forge something of her own, or to perhaps embrace one Tribe or the other somehow.

Like Sophie Starsparrow's own (hi Sophie!), a tentative dictionary of a language has been 'compiled' over a couple of years, and it's getting there, Elisabeth Fraser style (randomly picking words from many, many, sources, and adding heavy doses of vowels to each word or sentence for the heck of it). Other things have been half-heartedly developed, but really, I do believe it's going nowhere, nor will it ever have a satisfactory purpose given the lack of a solid base to work with, or so it would seem.

My RP background is almost entirely from two of the better, custom codebase  MUDS, medieval fantasy (sadly) in origin and of course these feature the timeless 'rogue' 'class' whom deal in artifice, deceit, subterfuge and so on. Among the few snippets that CCP has written regarding the Krusual ('The Shifty'), this would seem a good analogue. But it really seems to begin and end there unless we discount a small illustration, albeit a tantalising one, of a Krusual male with a Huron-style haircut. And we're told the tribe offered the most serious resistance during the day of darkness. Now, it all dries up. Or does it?

My question is this: Is that it? Is the above on CCP's part the only information we have on this most neglected of Minmatar tribes?

Any information gladly received, and thanks for reading.

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
Re: Krusual tribe information sought.
« Reply #1 on: 19 Feb 2011, 23:04 »

Here's a bit of Krusual PF, from the Loki description

For many Minmatar, the high mountains of Matar hold wonders unknown to the rest of New Eden: hidden glens, beautiful creatures, buried customs. Not surprisingly, the Krusual tribe lay claim to these mountains, their home for generations and base to their machinations.

Krusual elders whisper ancient tales among their huddled tribes, describing the glory of heroes past and enigmatic prophecies of old. On the darkest day, at the most hopeless moments, an elder may speak of loki, in reverent tones and excited hushes. In the ancient tongue, the loki are the crux of Krusual thought. There is no direct translation for this word; in fact, loki translates differently among the elders. It can mean “hidden wonder” or “secret passage”, “changing mask” or “unseen dagger”. Regardless of its context, loki has one meaning common to all its tales across all the elders: “hope”.
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Aassakaa

• Clonejack
« Reply #2 on: 19 Feb 2011, 23:28 »

Thanks. It's one of the only other snippets we have, a crumb in a really bare cupboard. Canonically, the tribe originated in the upper Tronhadar valley in Matar, and its surrounding mountains. Sort of an afghan mujahadeen affair, a real thorn in the side of the invaders, they held out the longest, but suffered the same fate.

So, you'd perhaps assume they'd hold today an air of superiority, they almost won a war of attrition where other tribes did not. So much could have been made of all of this, but nothing's tangible, unless we discount Colvil Eifyr who loves to set up shop in the heartland of Sebiestor territory (Eram, Elgoi) hence the rivalry? There's promise in this, and much could be developed in that light.

Even the Thukker tribe get more love than this.

Keep 'em coming, if you find anything!

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 20 Feb 2011, 00:02 »

I would imagine a race that lives in the mountains and values cunning and trickery would make for hellacious guerrilla fighters.  Probably why they were able to fight off the Amarrians for so long.

I'll keep looking.  Would be very interested to see whatever's found.
« Last Edit: 20 Feb 2011, 00:05 by Gottii »
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Inara Subaka

• Egger
  • Business Woman
« Reply #4 on: 21 Feb 2011, 22:05 »

From The Book of EVE I found this and this that might be of interest.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #5 on: 23 Feb 2011, 16:26 »

Some interesting stuff from 08 and 09 here: http://eve-ic.net/newssearch.php?q=krusual