Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Lutin lights are sometimes seen by ships approaching the Iyen-Oursta stargate. Many Minmatar slaves believe that seeing the lights means their firstborn son will be blessed with freedom. Read more here.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Why do you play EVE?  (Read 5810 times)

Hamish Grayson

Re: Why do you play EVE?
« Reply #30 on: 06 Feb 2011, 19:41 »

Because I'm obsessed with Jade.

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #31 on: 06 Feb 2011, 19:54 »

I enjoy character interaction, and my best experiences have been in EVE. The building, occasional pvp combat, missions, and exploration are fun diversions when opportunities are scarce. When I was a CEO, building my corporation and developing my commmunity was a fun adventure, but not as appealing any longer. Too much effort for my relaxed, casual gaming attitude.  :D

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #32 on: 06 Feb 2011, 20:56 »

Because it's the game I mesh best with. The people (when you find your niche) are great, the setting is stimulating, the RP is engaging and all-pervasive, there's actual political and societal intrigue, conflict and interaction, warfare and the market are realistically attached, the mechanics of the game itself make an instinctive level of sense to me, and there seems to be no end in sight to what I can do, ICly and OOCly, if I so choose and have the determination to see it through.

Oh, and there's fucking spaceship battles. In fucking space.

Don't worry, I'll develop bittervet symptoms soon enough. >>
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

GoGo Yubari

• Omelette
« Reply #33 on: 06 Feb 2011, 22:50 »

1. Primarily the PvP.
2. I love seeing the results of my actions - both minor and major - reverberate in the game world.
3. The politics of the game (both on the major and minor levels) are occasionally thoroughly enjoyable.
4. The game is filled with interesting characters (ie. the players and not necessarily at all in the RP sense of the word).
5. The community makes (or at least used to make) awesome videos.

No, really. Those are it, including the utterly moronic number five. The RP doesn't factor in. I kind of RP in every game. It isn't what pulls me in. It's what happens after I'm pulled in.

Wanoah

• Omelette
  • Sweating spinal fluid
    • Hello!
« Reply #34 on: 07 Feb 2011, 05:46 »

I am currently subbed. Haven't actually done anything other than sort stuff out, train skills, and get ganked by suicide smartbombers in Pator.

The question for me is really: "Why do you never fully escape from Eve?"

Answer: "Because no one has made anything to compete with it."

I wonder just how complacent CCP are without any credible competition.
Nothing worth saying is inoffensive to everyone

Blog | Fiction

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #35 on: 07 Feb 2011, 15:14 »

1.) the community has a history and a sense of identity, even if its a fucked up, evil, aggressive identity

2.) many of the people Ive met are surprisingly smart, interesting and social people (for the interwebs), moreover, the players are smart and ruthless, which means youre always challenged a bit

3.) PVP has meaning, losses hurt, if youre complacent you die, can still get an occasional rush

4.) while im not a huge, huge fan of the gameworld, its unique and varied enough that its fun to tinker with

5.) RPing in a single-shard MMO is a unique opportunity unlike anything else out there
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

DosTuMai

• Dirty Pirate Bitch
  • Omelette
  • Yarrr~~
    • Ravings of a Lunatic
« Reply #36 on: 07 Feb 2011, 16:17 »

The RP is great and there's very little stigma attached to the tag.
PvP in the game means something. You get killed, you don't just respawn and move on as if nothing happened, you die in a fire and lose everything. Unless you scoop the stuff.
A few months ago, I did PvP in my 1bil ISK Worm and lost it. If this was any other game, I would've kept my favourite toy and gone on as if nothing happened, but this is EVE and it didn't work out that way. I miss my bunny. <3
do { aLittleDance(); make(aLittleLove&); cin.get(down); } while(tonight);
Quote from: Raynman37
Go down to the end, take a left at etc and you should see usr right there in front of you.

Kaldor Mintat

• Egger
« Reply #37 on: 08 Feb 2011, 10:09 »

To crush your enemies, see them driven them before you and hear the lamentations of their women....

On a more serious note its the diversity that makes it for me.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #38 on: 08 Feb 2011, 11:45 »

SPACE SHIPS!
\o/

Amann Karris

« Reply #39 on: 09 Feb 2011, 01:57 »

I don't anymore, but when I did, it was for the simple fact that I am an arrogant, schizophrenic, narcissistic, horrible human being who loves hearing minds break trying to understand my incomprehensible writing.

I do however love understanding things.  Like Jamyl's Telepathy.

Oh forget it, I liked the storyline, plain and simple.  ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3]