Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Blood Raider elites do not generally mix with the rest of the Sani Sabik? (The Burning Life, p. 50)

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Earth IC references  (Read 4990 times)

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
Re: Earth IC references
« Reply #30 on: 20 Mar 2011, 19:42 »

An agent in the lvl1 epic arc, says something about how something (a platonic relationship between a Lord and a pretty young woman in his service) "hasn't happened since the time when the Reclaiming consisted of stabbing our heathen neighbours with pointed sticks"

There's several of the scriptures that mention the non-originalness of the Amarr to Athra.
"Here we are. This is the world of God. We are his chosen ones.
This place, this planet of peace and abundance, he made for us. It's ours for the taking."
Second Letter of St. Junip

"And so it was, That Gheinok led his people on the great exodus,
To the land of our Salvation, To the land of God, To the land of his Chosen, To Athra."
Gheinok the First 1:32

"The Amarr people came into the world and the world came into being.
Our illustrious ancestors freed their souls from the evils of the old.
world and created a new one."
book I.

There might be more, anyway, those point to the knowledge that humans are not from Athra. They're from somewhere else.

http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Interstellar_Travelling is the scientific article on interstellar travel, mentioning more about this sort of thing.

The Amarr also have the most extensive collection of ancient artifacts, however given that the old world(s) were full of sin, research is not particularly important. Does it matter that Soekhiviti and Earth were actually different planets? Or that Tau Ceti is different still?

As regards civilisation collapse following the EVE Gate disaster, the Jovians are mentioned as recovering to a high tech civilisation within a few centuries (i.e. spaceships), but were not by themselves able to maintain the gate network. (The interstellar travelling article mentions Jovian legends about using the ancient stargates to travel around, but then the gates crumbled).

It's also mentioned about "neolithic societies" encountered by the Amarr during their expansion.

However, I don't see where it says everyone collapsed to the stone age. vOv.

In any case, Terrans lol. Since there's more than 3 different origin planets on Earth-side. Earth proper, Tau Ceti, Soekhiviti, miscellaneous. There'd be relics from multiple Earth-side groups, and that's even mentioned in the Interstellar Travelling article, which is a thing written IC.

So, even when you don't look at the Empyrean age novel, there's enough to show that humans aren't from New Eden, and that they came through the EVE Gate, but the relevance of that information to anything going on in New Eden is very, very low.

Like I wrote in the Amarrian example. It may be of academic interest to note that Sol, Tau Ceti and Soekhiviti were different coloured stars, but the practical relevance of that is zero. Furthermore, those worlds were full of sin anyway.

Things from >15000 years ago are well, kind of irrelevant. Being an expert on Earth history in New Eden is an extremely niche occupation. None of the worlds in New Eden are Earth, so ultimately it doesn't matter.

People are a product of their environment. With none of the planets being Earth, then Earth has no relevance.
\o/

Hamish Grayson

Re: Earth IC references
« Reply #31 on: 20 Mar 2011, 19:56 »

2) All races collapsed back to the stone age.
The Jove apparently stuck it out in a somewhat better state.  It is possible that they retained detailed knowledge of human civilization from before the jump to New Eden and collapse of EVE.  This knowledge may have been lost or distorted severely during their various turmoils, of course.

In any case, the Earth connection predates TEA and TonyG's handling of the storyline and the retconning that has taken place since. 

I wasn't counting the Joves.  I too think it's likely that they know of earth.
Pages: 1 2 [3]