Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Vherokior tribe is a splinter tribe from the Starkmanir tribe? For more, read here.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Opening hailing frequency  (Read 2944 times)

Straggler

• Clonejack
Opening hailing frequency
« on: 17 Jan 2011, 14:48 »

Hey! Let me start with that I'm glad to have found this forum. Reading the FAQ convinces me I'm in the right place. :)

I've played EVE before, last time about a year ago or so. Never made an impression on the rp community. Now I'm back for the release of the new character creator (thou has been missed!). With the ability to actually make a realistic avatar I'm sure getting into character will be easier. :)

No name for my main character yet but I'll be playing a Caldari smuggler, so any pointers towards good sources on Caldari personalities and smuggler tips is most welcome! :)

Cheers!

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
Re: Opening hailing frequency
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jan 2011, 15:12 »

Welcome!
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #2 on: 17 Jan 2011, 15:42 »

You will want to consider if you want the character to behave as more Serpentis or Guristas aligned, or a third alternative as something different.

The Serpentis are the Gallente pirate faction with an emphasis on illegal/black market business, especially drugs and boosters. The Guristas are generally anarchist-styled anti-State Caldari, who live a hard, fast and dangerous life style.

The Caldari State would make use of deniable smuggling for whatever reason depending on the megacorp. Kaalakiota for instance as a premier weapons manufacture would like shipments of weapons to sneak on through.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Misan

• Shady Thukker & Ninja Admin
  • Pod Captain
    • Serious Thukking Business - Blog
« Reply #3 on: 17 Jan 2011, 15:49 »

No name for my main character yet but I'll be playing a Caldari smuggler, so any pointers towards good sources on Caldari personalities and smuggler tips is most welcome! :)

Cheers!

Welcome o/

A bit of bittervet stuff re: the smuggling. As far as mechanics go in-game there isn't much to smuggle and the mechanics for getting past customs are pretty much broken right now. So smuggling in the sense of sneaking under the noses of CONCORD customs isn't really there (or when it is, not terribly exciting). There are some opportunities for moving high-value goods through hostile space if you know where to look though. The threat there is people looking to kill you for lewtz which is much more dangerous. ;)

Plenty more to be said, but I'll just leave you with that info for now. Feel free to PM me or catch me in-game if you wanted more specifics.
EVE Blog and Project Status: on hold -- busy being Thukker-esque IRL.
Twitter
What I'm busy with, if you're curious.

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #4 on: 17 Jan 2011, 16:28 »

The Serpentis are the Gallente pirate faction with an emphasis on illegal/black market business, especially drugs and boosters.

Yessss *Rubs hands together*

But seriously, welcome. Coffee?

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #5 on: 17 Jan 2011, 16:41 »

As Mis pointed out, actual smuggling has a weird, awkward, broken mechanic in-game. However, there are many illicit materials that often need to be transported, so yes, "smuggling" does exist.

If you're interested in running boosters and getting into a few PvP scraps now and then, look us up in-game. :D
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #6 on: 17 Jan 2011, 18:36 »

Hi there, and welcome aboard!!

Straggler

• Clonejack
« Reply #7 on: 17 Jan 2011, 23:51 »

The Serpentis are the Gallente pirate faction with an emphasis on illegal/black market business, especially drugs and boosters.

Ah, you're affiliated with Stillwater! I used to be in Stillwater for a short while after Kakhura'uta Caravan migrated over to Stillwater.

Straggler

• Clonejack
« Reply #8 on: 17 Jan 2011, 23:54 »

You will want to consider if you want the character to behave as more Serpentis or Guristas aligned, or a third alternative as something different.

The Serpentis are the Gallente pirate faction with an emphasis on illegal/black market business, especially drugs and boosters. The Guristas are generally anarchist-styled anti-State Caldari, who live a hard, fast and dangerous life style.

The Caldari State would make use of deniable smuggling for whatever reason depending on the megacorp. Kaalakiota for instance as a premier weapons manufacture would like shipments of weapons to sneak on through.

Thanks for the intel. I was thinking of being independent and not directly affiliated with pirate factions. More like a guy picking up odd jobs here and there. Doesn't have to be illegal goods, perhaps just things that needs to be moved discretly in the eyes of the employer, for whatever reason. :)

Shalee Lianne

• Wetgraver
« Reply #9 on: 18 Jan 2011, 00:11 »

Hiya and welcome :)

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #10 on: 18 Jan 2011, 00:43 »

Ah, you're affiliated with Stillwater! I used to be in Stillwater for a short while after Kakhura'uta Caravan migrated over to Stillwater.

We are? :O
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq

Akrasjel Lanate

• Omelette
« Reply #13 on: 18 Jan 2011, 04:41 »

Welcome

Invelious

• Reshjvajarr Man
  • Omelette
  • Plays the Roll
« Reply #14 on: 18 Jan 2011, 16:12 »

More members into our twisted and loving community. Welcome. Also, did you know... That docked frigates are hooked in with massive electromagnetic anchors?

Pages: [1] 2