EVE-Online RP Discussion and Resources > EVE Fiction + Fiction discussion

"Did You Know..." Public Submission Thread

(1/25) > >>

Havohej:
Right, so, something really weird and unexplainable happened and a post bugged, so I went into the db to remove that post directly and it deleted the whole damned thread.  So, let's try this again.

A LOT of the submissions that were made have already been added (only exceptions being unverifiables), so if you already posted a submission no need to re-post as it's probably already in the rotation.  :)

As before, if at all possible provide a link to the source of the information for interested readers to go and learn more.  Player-created content is just as welcome as PF, especially if the player-created content has gained popularity and widespread acknowledgment/use among the RP crowd.

EDIT: Now the thread's shown up again, but apparently in a different section and the second page is still exhibiting the strange bug... looking into it now.

EDIT 2: The error message cited a piece of code that doesn't seem to be wrong and that isn't causing issues in any of the other threads... chalking this up to a fluke but keeping an eye out for the same error message to appear in the future.  At this point, the best I could do was to remove the bugged thread and start it over again.

EDIT 3: The bug did indeed show up again and has now been fixed.

Ashar Kor-Azor:
Welp.

I was talking earlier about Wren's Corp Recognition Test threads. This is how I learned a lot about older corps in EVE.

Found one, two, three, and five, but there is no number four. Also found Kehmor's char recognition thread, but.

Links.
Test 1
Test 2.1
Test 3
Test 5
Kehm's test

Casiella:
All of these are from The Burning Life. I'll try to do stuff from one chapter every day or two.

...the Sani Sabik sectarian law-enforcement organization is called the Bleeders, and is a combination of priests and policemen? (p. 18)

...that Sabik's Sepsis is a blood disease that rarely lasts into adulthood, but is considered sacrilege when it does? (pp. 20,21)

...that the Blood Raiders are a sect of the Sani Sabik who spend their lives in space hunting down and harvesting non-believers for their blood? (p. 23)

Havohej:

--- Quote from: Ashar Kor-Azor on 18 Apr 2010, 20:13 ---Welp.

I was talking earlier about Wren's Corp Recognition Test threads. This is how I learned a lot about older corps in EVE.

Found one, two, three, and five, but there is no number four. Also found Kehmor's char recognition thread, but.

Links.
Test 1
Test 2.1
Test 3
Test 5
Kehm's test

--- End quote ---
I always find lists like these (and their replies) interesting, but I'm not quite sure how we can apply them to the Did You Know blurbs?

I apologize for not identifying (and fixing) the sticky thread bug sooner, btw!   :oops:

Havohej:

--- Quote from: Casiella on 19 Apr 2010, 18:10 ---All of these are from The Burning Life. I'll try to do stuff from one chapter every day or two.

...the Sani Sabik sectarian law-enforcement organization is called the Bleeders, and is a combination of priests and policemen? (p. 18)

...that Sabik's Sepsis is a blood disease that rarely lasts into adulthood, but is considered sacrilege when it does? (pp. 20,21)

...that the Blood Raiders are a sect of the Sani Sabik who spend their lives in space hunting down and harvesting non-believers for their blood? (p. 23)

--- End quote ---
Added; was able to link the third one to the Blood Raiders chron instead :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version