Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The CBD megacorporation is a major importer/exporter in the State?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Advice request. And possibly employment request?  (Read 7955 times)

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
Re: Advice request. And possibly employment request?
« Reply #45 on: 07 Jan 2011, 13:50 »

I wonder how many folks would like to collaborate with me up-front. I kinda wanna conquer wormhole space and be flying a Sleeper battleship by the end of this year.

Now this is interesting.

One question I have is whether you'd be willing to work with groups from outside your own corp / alliance. Aria has only just started recruiting for Kumiho's Smile and has no interest in breaking her connection to Naraka., but is KEENLY interested in exactly this mystery.
A loosely allied pile of alliances working for a common goal is harder to screw with than a single alliance, so I wouldn't have any problems with this at all. The more bodies the better. I just have this feeling that there simply aren't enough people piled in wormholes with a focus on storyline stuff, and that there's something to find that no-one has yet. The more eyes you have looking, the more gets found.

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #46 on: 07 Jan 2011, 17:00 »

I love WHs and sleeper stuff.  IMHO it's the future of Eve - new corps can start there and grow without having to be a pet to a 0.0 holder.   There is no sov to worry about and the other mechanics of it make PvP so much more fun and diverse than any other part of the game.

I'm slowly working my alt towards being able to produce all t3.

Shinoko Akahoshi

« Reply #47 on: 10 Jan 2011, 13:55 »

I dunno, man, I've run into similar blocks, myself, in terms of "I've done pretty much everything I've wanted to do in the game".

The problem, as I see it, is that you're a kingmaker.  Why would you want to be a pawn (or even a king) when you've done that?  If I were you, I'd probably take a break and then think about some entirely new angle that lies completely outside the axis of power that you're experienced with.  What I mean is don't do any of the things you've already done.  Don't do infiltration.  Don't be a kingmaker.  Hell, don't make isk (I played Shin heavily as a very active solo pvp pilot for about 3 years, never with more than 10 million isk in the bank.  This was far more satisfying to me than anything I've done with her after she started making isk.  This worked well for me, it may not for you, your mileage may yadda-yadda).

Of course, conquering WH space sounds fun, too.  It just sounds a little too close to what you've already done, is the thing.

Invelious

• Reshjvajarr Man
  • Omelette
  • Plays the Roll
« Reply #48 on: 10 Jan 2011, 15:38 »

You should honestly reprocess everything, find a true newb to the game. Give him all the isk. Then delete your character. Write a wicked story about your character from begining to end, and then walk away from the game forever.

p.s. the newb you give the isk to should be someone who displays a growing passion to the game, and the complete opposite of you.
« Last Edit: 10 Jan 2011, 16:25 by Invelious »

Shalee Lianne

• Wetgraver
« Reply #49 on: 10 Jan 2011, 15:46 »

lol Invel. 

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #50 on: 10 Jan 2011, 22:59 »

It depends on what you enjoy doing, really. I've always enjoyed social interaction and roleplay, with a casual foray into markets and building, and never have found much pleasure in the more visceral elements of the game. Running corporations is work, and I happen to be allergic to that, so my suggestion would be to try as much as possible and discover something you enjoy about playing EVE and pursue that more.

But I don't play any longer, so there you go. lol

Horatius Caul

• Words words words
  • Omelette
« Reply #51 on: 16 Jan 2011, 15:28 »

I wonder how many folks would like to collaborate with me up-front. I kinda wanna conquer wormhole space and be flying a Sleeper battleship by the end of this year.

Now this is interesting.

One question I have is whether you'd be willing to work with groups from outside your own corp / alliance. Aria has only just started recruiting for Kumiho's Smile and has no interest in breaking her connection to Naraka., but is KEENLY interested in exactly this mystery.
A loosely allied pile of alliances working for a common goal is harder to screw with than a single alliance, so I wouldn't have any problems with this at all. The more bodies the better. I just have this feeling that there simply aren't enough people piled in wormholes with a focus on storyline stuff, and that there's something to find that no-one has yet. The more eyes you have looking, the more gets found.
I'd be happy to throw my lot in with this cause, if you think you could use a stick-up-his-ass reclaimer  ;)

Just returned to wormholes today actually, taking my first Legion for a spin to poke through some C1-C2 systems.

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #52 on: 17 Jan 2011, 05:54 »

Watch the Ultramarines 40k flick if you haven't already.

Smoke a cigar, take the dog for a walk, see if you get inspired.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #53 on: 17 Jan 2011, 06:51 »

For me, having read this whole thread for the first time now, I can only say what I would do in the same position. I see RP as part of the creation of a story, and the most interesting story for Istvaan, in my opinion, would be a redemption arc, where Istvaan actively tries to be 'good', in all its morally complex glory. Actually exploring the complexity of 'righteous' morality, and what that means in a world rich in moral greyness.

That could be great.

And sure, if you want to do that in the ILF, the door is open.

Tiberius Wenchel

• Media Mogul
  • Clonejack
  • soi soi soi
    • Redshift Media on Youtube
« Reply #54 on: 18 Jan 2011, 12:35 »

Invest all of your resources into funding suicide attacks and other forms of terrorism in Jita. Make it undesirable if not impossible to move goods into or out of the system.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]