Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Scagga once had a bodyguard by the name of 'cuddles'?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Advice request. And possibly employment request?  (Read 7954 times)

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
Re: Advice request. And possibly employment request?
« Reply #15 on: 03 Jan 2011, 21:38 »

Angel-invest in ideas you think are interesting?  Infiltrate interesting young corporations with the intention of deciding whether they are worth investing in (without them knowing it)?  Enable someone else's vision.

Make 0.0 interesting beyond the conquering bit?  Yes, you will have to conquer to get there, but that is part of setting up a new empire.

Try out governing mechanism beyond what the current power blocs use?  I do not know if you read any of my ideas, but come up with your own (or steal mine) and attempt to execute it.  The challenge here for you is finding those interested in setting up your vision, not the isk.

Benjamin Shepherd

« Reply #16 on: 03 Jan 2011, 23:51 »

Team up with Chribba in creating the ultimate 0.0 space hub, and prove to everyone that you're serious by giving away billions of ISK to him personally.

Or, stick it out until Incursion, when all of us will meet each other doing some shameful act on a station. gambling obviously

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #17 on: 04 Jan 2011, 03:22 »

Casiella had a nice list. And then Dex (orange) is into something. You're experienced, so you might start "mentoring". Yeah, it's a buzzword but gets the idea through: Running a corp straight, looking for what you can't have with GHSC while also taking advantage of your experience. If you can build a small dedicated core - which you can "train" to suit your ideas - I assume that you have the brains to figure out some crazy tactics, and the capital to lose a few "corporate" fleets while practicing and seeing if they actually work.

Istvaan the character is somewhat problematic due to the demigod status, so some of this might require alts. "Taking over" a genuine newbie corporation might be easier, specially if you can task your "fast learning" character on what you're really interested and keep others running the corporation. Another option would be finding a new corporation. If a few "old timers" are willing to try this while keeping the secret, then the core of the corp might be from your old friends (at first pretending to be new), which would help dividing the tasks. If you wish to tie Istvaan into the picture, you could always introduce him later as a "hidden shareholder".

And if willing to tie this into earlier stuff, then perhaps there's something that GHSC discovered during their shenanigans but can't directly put into use - or even some discovery by the Endless, which I assume is part of the same story. A "legitimate" front company might be able to use the discovery. If you really want to make it a fine mess, have the discovery involve Jove or Sleepers in some way. (Of course, first you need to find these things out yourself and then introduce them as Endless/GHSC/Istvaan/your possible new alt's findings.)

The old corps might even have some limited contact with the new one, but it may be assumed that the old demigods are busy with things far more important than a few new eggers fooling around - for example, Istvaan might be "investing" his fortune and too busy "managing" his new growing (and possibly legitimate) business empire to act as a Bouncer ex Machina for the real new corp. If you'd find something that you fancy helping, this role would also allow white-knighting some real outfits and look like you were actually investing. I think I do not need to tell you how "secure" investing really is in EVE and what this means to venture capitalism on the scale which Istvaan's wallet might otherwise make possible.

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #18 on: 04 Jan 2011, 03:37 »

I cannot afford 21 titans. Hardly one. But less can do it when I can afford the ships I want and rarely need to pay for replacements. The point is; I no longer play to earn ISK and have not in a long time.

I dabble in booster production because it is such an exclusive production field where the process from acquiring raw materials and components to the final product is twisting and unknown to most.

My real passion is seeking out the EVE lore, though. Reading mission descriptions or seeking out entities with information that reaches into the back-story of EVE, pull it out and collect it. COSMOS, epic arcs and Sleepers have I been working on, and there is still much more out there. I know where to look but time constraints…
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Shalee Lianne

• Wetgraver
« Reply #19 on: 04 Jan 2011, 05:17 »

Join KOTMC.  We have a history or reforming bad boys.  :)

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #20 on: 04 Jan 2011, 05:39 »

"When Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer."

I think part of the problem is that you've achieved pretty much everything you wanted to in EVE regarding your chosen specialty, heck, you've pretty much defined and served as the inspiration and model for it.  It might be that you've simply run Istvaan as far as the character or the game will interest you.

It happens, and sometimes its simply grinding metal to try to milk joy out of a character when its just not there.  A writer once told me, "always plan for the death of your characters, understand that it will happen, it makes them far more enjoyable, and makes you care for them more".  Sometimes, the best way to continue to enjoy a remarkable characters story is to plan for the end of their story.  

If youre having fun being a noob corp again trying hard to earn enough for a real T2 ship, then by all means, continue.  Teaching and experiencing familiar things with people just beginning is a good way to rediscover what you loved about an endeavor in the first place.  

Or, go for the knowledge thing.  Try to discover it, or even create it (in part anyway).  Part of what I think is fun about EVE is that so little of the knowledge is actually defined by the Storyline team, and I'm more than a little certain they look to a lot of the better player-written fiction out there to indirectly expand and refine and color the EVE universe.  You obviously know a lot about the EVE universe, both its PF and its "human" element, so writing and expanding a bit on the frontiers and grey-areas of the EVE storyline could be fun, as well as a nifty way to leave another mark on the game world and game community.

Or, if you really wanted to go out with a bang, take a page from Andrew Carnegie, and resolve to have Istvaan biomass penniless, and simply see what kind of effect 21 Titans worth of ISK can have when spent on whatever inspiration might take you.  While Carnegie gave to charity, what Istvaan(c) would see as a worthy cause would be interesting to say the least.  Kinda a "here is my stuff" except that stuff is in the form of bribes, mercs, alcohol (its been done, in the billions!), and general chaos, or possibly even a semi-noble cause, or all of the above.

Whatever you do, you've certainly left your mark on the game.  

P.S.  if youre really bored, could you find a way to lower nocxium prices in the Republic?  I know a couple pilots in my corp who would be thrilled.
« Last Edit: 04 Jan 2011, 06:01 by Gottii »
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Aodha Khan

« Reply #21 on: 04 Jan 2011, 09:52 »

I found myself in a similar position, not needing any more ISK, no real interest in 0.0 politics.

So I went back to my roots in roleplay corps and decided to put my time into a pirate faction group helping it grow and possibly even control some of its own NPC space which is a rarity in Eve at the moment.
« Last Edit: 04 Jan 2011, 09:54 by Aodha Khan »

DosTuMai

• Dirty Pirate Bitch
  • Omelette
  • Yarrr~~
    • Ravings of a Lunatic
« Reply #22 on: 04 Jan 2011, 10:55 »

You've expressed an interest in Sleepers, so go find a WH Corp to try out. Or go solo - which isn't advisable.
There are plenty offers of employment in this thread, talk to the serious ones and go for the Corp/Alliance that would suit you most. Either IC, OoC or both. I can't make up your mind as to what you should do, or where you should go, but all I can say is do what you want.
Life's too short to be stuck doing something you don't like. Good luck in finding your path. =]
do { aLittleDance(); make(aLittleLove&); cin.get(down); } while(tonight);
Quote from: Raynman37
Go down to the end, take a left at etc and you should see usr right there in front of you.

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #23 on: 04 Jan 2011, 12:46 »

Accept the offers of everyone here salivating at the chance to recruit you into their corp and use you for their own agendas and destroy everything they've built.  Which is probably what you are planing anyway

Or on the very very small chance that this isn't part of a scam,  help create large RP alliances for each of the factions out there.    

Or create an opponent capable of challenging you.

Or, my personal favorite, go to Jita and announce in local that you are an old player bored with Eve and will double any ISK sent to you.  Then actually do it!

« Last Edit: 04 Jan 2011, 13:02 by Hamish Grayson »

Vendrin

• Clonejack
« Reply #24 on: 04 Jan 2011, 13:27 »

Build a new caldari megacorp. Get ccp who owes you a few for all you've done for the game, to make Itsvaan an NPC with a new mega corp and retire with a bang. Or have Itsvaan turned into the new broker. I think the last one is dead or something.

Honestly man, no idea, and though Hamish' first option would be entirely amusing.

Benjamin Shepherd

« Reply #25 on: 04 Jan 2011, 13:35 »

Give it all to EVE U, that would make a big mark.

It's times like this I wish you could convert your ISK to real currency.

Vieve

« Reply #26 on: 04 Jan 2011, 13:59 »

Build a new caldari megacorp. Get ccp who owes you a few for all you've done for the game, to make Itsvaan an NPC with a new mega corp and retire with a bang.

Nice idea.  I like it.  I'd even subscribe to the corporate newsletter.

Honestly man, no idea, and though Hamish' first option would be entirely amusing.

:>

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #27 on: 04 Jan 2011, 20:07 »

Build a new caldari megacorp. Get ccp who owes you a few for all you've done for the game, to make Itsvaan an NPC with a new mega corp and retire with a bang. Or have Itsvaan turned into the new broker. I think the last one is dead or something.

I do like the idea of you becoming an NPC in charge of a new megacorp/pirate faction. However since this involves CCP moving things behind the curtain let us assume this can't happen.

Given your history imagine how challenging it will be to get a group to trust you. Certainly more challenging than conquest or setting up another betrayal.
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Syylara/Yaansu

• Egger
« Reply #28 on: 04 Jan 2011, 23:33 »

I think becoming another/teaming up with Chribba sounds the most challenging and intriguing to me.  That's a rather exclusive role in this game that has both a sense of serious reach and influence as well as being something that will take a long time to accomplish, even given your resources.

I would imagine he gets folks "wanting to help/learn the ropes/team up" while plotting their own agendas quite often.  Truly entering into an apprenticeship of sorts and possibly becoming another powerhouse or even long-term partner seems like something of appropriate scale considering where you are at in the game.

Vendrin

• Clonejack
« Reply #29 on: 05 Jan 2011, 01:28 »

I do like the idea of you becoming an NPC in charge of a new megacorp/pirate faction. However since this involves CCP moving things behind the curtain let us assume this can't happen.

Yea obviously, but it's not like hellgremlin doesn't have some contacts in CCP. He's written for CCP and his scam work has drawn countless players into the game. Some might say they owe him. Sure it could be said it's favoritism, but since it doesn't give a player any actual benefit, just officially makes him a part of EVE history, it'd be a nice reward imo.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4