EVE-Online RP Discussion and Resources > Player Driven Content

Forum Grand Opening event or contest - a request for ideas.

(1/11) > >>

Silver Night:
Long, self explanatory title. I've talked it over a little with a couple people already, but I would like ideas for an event or contest to celebrate the opening of Backstage@Inspiracy.

Help organizing and running such an event is welcome too.

I would prefer something that wouldn't - just as an entirely hypothetical example - require me to read 125 stories averaging 1-2k words each. Ideally whatever we come up with would help raise awareness about the forum, too, to get us some new blood. That means that, at least for this event, something that is probably pretty OOC. I do hope to have IC events in the future.

Anyway, amaze me with your ideas!

Misan:
No ideas yet, but I can help with promotion or whatever else. Already been advertising the place on Twitter and even plugged it on my blog.

What kind of events do you think would work for a forum promotion? Suggesting content, like the DYK bits, or other submission stuff? Or something more interactive perhaps?

Akikio L:
Slogan competition? Good PR both short term and long term, or something...  :)

Silver Night:
Well, I would like something that brings people to the forum. The fiction contest, for example, did that very effectively - purely as a side effect - on Chatsubo. As I said, though, I don't think I would want to have to do the judging part solo on something like that again. I had thought maybe something like 'Describe x in 500 words or less'?

'Describe where your character comes from in 500 words or less'

'Describe a holiday, from any of the factions, in 500 words or less'

etc.

Then maybe dump most of the judging on someone else.  :D

I would also like to do something to encourage IG events. That might be a separate thread, though.

Laerise [PIE]:
1k-2k words is quite a bit, which will drive down participation.

Other than that I like the idea  :) IMO there should be a defined subject which the stories are about, or is that just me being too 'amarrian' here?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version