Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the connections inside a pod serve as both communications pathways and security wiring? (The Burning Life, p 30)

Author Topic: Having problems picking up new systems to describe  (Read 704 times)

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain

OK

I'm starting to see some broken data on the temperate planets and general stellar classification.

For example:

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/system/Stou/celestials

It's a beatiful system, 3 temperate! planets, 2 oceanic ones. Issue is with their distance and physical properties:

Stou Star: G5 VI, really really close cousing to our sun, just smaller and a bit redder.

Planet Stou 1: temperate, 0.86 AU (perfect green zone), 8.6m/s2 gravity (nice!) problem is the atmospheric pressure "Very low", very low would be like atop everest or something in my book.

Planet Stou 2: temperate, 1.3 AU (still green zone), 3.6m/s2 gravity (mercury like) and atmospheric pressure is very low too, perfectly understandable in this case.

So far acceptable, the problem is beyond:

Planet Stou 5: oceanic, 4.9 au (ok this is getting cold, closer orbit than jupiter in comparison), 12.1m/s2 (larger, heavier, might have more heat internally), atmospheric pressure is great though.

Planet Stou 7: temperate???!!, 12.3au (between saturn and uranus wtf?), 9,07m/s2 (perfect gravity) and light-ish atmospheric pressure.

I know technology and atmospheric composition can go a long way into creating a planet's weather...but a rocky planet with temperate characteristics?

I know we had completly random numbers on the previous versions of planets, but i thought this time the generator was still a bit "more precise"......taking into account the star magnitude and all that.

Should we file this as "probable content corrections" or something?

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
Re: Having problems picking up new systems to describe
« Reply #1 on: 20 Dec 2010, 10:26 »

Hm, perhaps I should upload my collection of Gallentean worlds with city lights...two have azure cities, and two have golden cities...I didn't include temperate planets with no city lights...

It might help you pick something :D I don't remember Stou being in the codex, so it is probably undeveloped/rural populated.